SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers Empty
PostSubject: This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers   This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers EmptyFri May 16, 2008 11:22 am

Love him or loathe him, he nailed this one right on the head..........

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.
If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers. (Actually, soldiers are put in harms way by politicians and commanding officers.)

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part a nd parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. M ake sense?

However, our own US Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.

" When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers   This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers EmptyFri May 16, 2008 12:30 pm

just one of many things wrong with this Nation. Thanks for sharing Gunny...
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers   This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers EmptyFri May 16, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm with ya Gunny. This is another example of the bull poo that goes on in this country. The Armed Forces definately need more compensation all the way around, and I think they may get it here soon. This is fastly becoming a campaign isssue. As far as the 9/11 victims, let's not forget what that was all about. That was a payoff by the American taxpayer to keep the victims and their families from bringing lawsuits against all the American companies and cities that may have been targeted for compensation for whatever reasons the Lawyers could find. Examples would be; The buildings were not strong enough, or have proper evacuation or sprinkler systems, or the airports had not enough security, and you can go on and on. So, the one good thing that came out of that was people recieved compensation without a bunch of Lawyers taking 40% of it, and it kept the airlines from completely going out of business when they could no longer find liability insurance, Etc,Etc, Etc.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers   This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers EmptyFri May 16, 2008 2:40 pm

The main reason for a strong Federal government is to protect the people. The military should come first, then everything else second. I could go on and on but I will spare you guys.
Back to top Go down
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers   This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:51 pm

the American soldier has always got the raw deal in this country just look at the homeless and you will find more vets than not because they served in a war or campian and when there tour was over the goverment just tossed them to the side instead of helping them readjust to civilin live the military spends thousands teaching us how to kill the enemy but not on red cent on how to live with the fact that you did !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers   This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers Empty

Back to top Go down

This is really a sad thing to me, where is the justice for our soldiers
Page 1 of 1