SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I made the front page!!!

Go down 
+2
AIRBORNE
KY. Colonel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

I made the front page!!! Empty
PostSubject: I made the front page!!!   I made the front page!!! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:09 am

Just so ya'll know the story behind the picture currently on the home page of the site. This was at the Evarts group ride. I had tackled a little hill that proved to be steeper than I thought. The last few feet of the incline were vertical which set the teryx in a straight up wheelie. When my forward momentum ceased, we fell over on the passenger side door. Help wasn't but seconds away though as Heith (highlander) stepped up into my door and helped the teryx right itself, what you can't see in the picture is Chris (stealth) in front of us getting the winch cable anchored to pull us the rest of the way over the lip. It all happened too fast for me to understand exactly what happened toget us in this predicament,however I know exactly how we got out of it. SSXSR Angels, just cause they didn't have wings doesnt mean they weren't heaven-sent.Thank you gentlemen,I owe you one...

Jim Maddox,
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!!!   I made the front page!!! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 am

I don't think there are too many people on here that have not needed some assistance at one point or another, be it a winch, a towrope, tire plugs, or help getting it back onto four wheels.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!!!   I made the front page!!! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:08 am

thats half the fun of riding is helping each other and then back at the camp laughing about the predicament we were in. glad it all worked out for ya Col.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!!!   I made the front page!!! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:25 am

You will never meet a better group of people,than riding in the woods. Everyone needs a little help from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!!!   I made the front page!!! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:51 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
I don't think there are too many people on here that have not needed some assistance at one point or another, be it a winch, a towrope, tire plugs, or help getting it back onto four wheels.
thatsright thatsright
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!!!   I made the front page!!! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Goose wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:
thatsright thatsright

Sometimes they might need help within a few hours of each incident... lol!
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!!!   I made the front page!!! EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:38 am

Hollon wrote:
thats half the fun of riding is helping each other and then back at the camp laughing about the predicament we were in. glad it all worked out for ya Col.

Thanks for the kind word's Hollon. I'm new so I don't want to be the one needing help all the time. "Cause I know that I probably won't be able to reciprocate if someone else needs help. If I can't pay my debts It makes me feel even more inadequate than I am ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made the front page!!!   I made the front page!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I made the front page!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: