SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XM Radio

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-01-22

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: XM Radio   XM Radio EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:09 am

OK, I hate to admit it, but I dont know a damn thing about XM Radio, My new Suburban has the XM Radio feature installed on it and the GF suggested Shocked that I get the XM subscription for our trips out of town so we can have uninterupted listening pleasure geek geek geek , is XM worth it or do I just keep my Ipod charged up and listen to the 250 songs I have loaded on it???????

Does the XM get really good reception or is it just a gimmick?

Thanks
Technically Challenged!!!
Back to top Go down
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: XM Radio   XM Radio EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:57 am

I have Sirius and i love it. I have a docking station so i can listen to it in my truck and in my office at work....i wouldn't be without it now. I have never bad reception with mine.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: XM Radio   XM Radio EmptyWed May 21, 2008 11:00 am

I had the XM for a few years and then switched to Sirius in Jan. 07 when the Nascar Channel switched to Sirius. 24/7 Nascar talk and Race Coverage cheers The Sat. Radios are good because they give you the option of listening to over 100 channels of uninterupted entertainment. Any Type music to news to comedy to talk radio, sports and on and on. The only time you will lose reception is when the top of your vehicle is covered by a Mountain, tunnel, or thick tree cover. Reception is great anywhere. I have it in both my Wifes and my vehicle. I absolutely love it except when I have to write that $150.00 check for it once a year Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mudxtc

Mudxtc

Number of posts : 106

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: XM Radio   XM Radio EmptyWed May 21, 2008 1:52 pm

WV and Rubi, thanks for the info, I just didnt know anything about it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bad Behavior

Bad Behavior

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-04-03

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: XM Radio   XM Radio EmptyWed May 21, 2008 3:34 pm

I can't live without my Sirius. I have it hardwired in my truck, with another "plug & play" unit with 2 jamboxs, 1 that I leave offshore, and 1 that I uses wherever. I also have a "vehicle kit" in the Rhino. Cool All, I have to do is move the Plug & Play receiver to wherever I want it. :afro: The only time I lose reception is when I go under overpasses and REALLY thick tree limbs, and of course, tunnels. Well, worth the $$$. I will have Sirius in everything I own from now on. Rumor is, that Sirius & XM are supposed to merge, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: XM Radio   XM Radio EmptyWed May 21, 2008 7:10 pm

I have XM here. For around 1-2 years I have been a subscriber.

Its worth the $12.95 a month. You get easily probably 200 channels give or take a few with every genre imaginable. You also get plenty of sports, talk, comedy, traffic news.

I end up keeping it on Ch. 16 an 17 the most.

Channel 16 is called "Highway 16" its country so you may not like it. Channel 17 was "US Country" but for the past month or more its been a pure George Strait station.

Anyways go ahead an subscrivbe and see for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: XM Radio   XM Radio EmptyThu May 22, 2008 3:16 am

Hey Love Our XM wE Carry ours with us on the Rhino almost every trip works great So go for it Mudxtc lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: XM Radio   XM Radio EmptyThu May 22, 2008 9:07 am

Hey RSRRhino how does your XM signal pick up while on the rhino? and do you have a regualr roady unit plugged in or is it built into your stereo head?

Been thinking about putting mine in the rhino also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

XM Radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: XM Radio   XM Radio Empty

Back to top Go down

XM Radio
Page 1 of 1