SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tire straps for hauling

Go down 
+2
Triple J
AIRBORNE
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Tire straps for hauling Empty
PostSubject: Tire straps for hauling   Tire straps for hauling EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:32 am

Where is the best place to get tire straps for securing SxS in the enclosed trailer? I had these "Fast Straps before, but the main problem was you had to make sure they were positioned just right before you drove up in the trailer. The bases were also screwed into the floor, so the straps were always out there on the floor What I want now is something like this

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Towing-Auto-Hauling/Wheel-Nets-Auto-Car-Tie-Downs/Wheel-Net-Car-Tie-Down-w-Twisted-Snap-Hook-Dbl-Adj-w-Ratchet

I want to be able to stow them away when not in use. All I need to do is add some extra recessed rings into the floor and I think this setup will work. Does anyone know of a better place to buy these, or ones that are more suitable to ATV size tires?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Triple J

Triple J

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Tire straps for hauling   Tire straps for hauling EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:55 am

Bulldog straps are the ones I recommend. Have had mine for 4 years and still look and function like new, just give the ratchet system a shop of penetrating oil now and again.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Tire straps for hauling   Tire straps for hauling EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:00 am

Found these too while surfing the net

http://www.atvracks.com/Details-Tire-Bonnets-Straps.asp

TJ, for some reason the Bulldog site is blocked from access on this government computer domain. I saw a picture of them on another link and tried to access the site but was denied.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Tire straps for hauling   Tire straps for hauling EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:07 am

www.discountramp.com are cheaper they have alot of things
Back to top Go down
Wayne1

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Tire straps for hauling   Tire straps for hauling EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:04 am

I tried several before settling on tire nets from macscustomtiedowns.com A lot of high dollar cars use these and they are not that much more in price. Much better quality and made in the USA . Had mine 2 years now. Also whatever brand you choose you will find if they are sewn at all points it's much easier to put them on each time as they will not tangle up.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Tire straps for hauling   Tire straps for hauling EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:51 pm

mason wrote:
www.discountramp.com are cheaper they have alot of things

Good site with a lot of stuff!! Saved.... allright
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Tire straps for hauling   Tire straps for hauling EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Yep...saved, Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire straps for hauling   Tire straps for hauling Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire straps for hauling
Page 1 of 1