SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone

Go down 
+14
Mattman347
Smith700
AIRBORNE
HellOnWheels
Sporto
highlander
WV Hot Rod Rhino
MuddyBuddy
bush
RZR_Joe
jerr_81
ridepate
wvyankee2
8ball_99
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone Empty
PostSubject: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:53 am

Matt just hasn't been having great luck with this machine. After it being laid up for almost 3 months getting a new motor installed. He got to deal with over heating issue's and then finally a bent tie rod which got the machine parked for the night ride. Sorry Matt, But you KNOW I have to post a picture or two Pics
Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone IMG_0689
Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone IMG_0688
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 am

Bummer Matt. Yep, the first thing you need to do with a Commander is after market tie rods.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:09 am

Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone IMG_0688-1
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:29 am

That sucks!!!!!!!!!! You'll get her sorted-out Matt.
Back to top Go down
jerr_81
SSXSRider Member
jerr_81

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:11 pm

pos short bus need a yamaha matt lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/minor37617
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Sorry about your bad luck, we've all been there a time ot three. Not to make light of your bad luck but I've to steal that photo...a polaris towing a canned ham Laughing
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:12 pm

u been having luck like mine has been the last few months. hate to hear

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:40 pm

haha for the record the xp started overheating right after I did!! Thanks for the stop sign will lol. I am hoping the radiator just got too covered. Yeah tire rods are getting ordered, screw taking it to the dealer just so they can replace em i would rather pay the money for HD ones. Mine is even the 2011 that has the side pieces on the radiator that is suppose to keep it even cleaner..... personally they just made it harder to clean on the trail however. Nothing like last time, I could go a good bit before she would start to get hot again. Next free day and if it ever stops raining here im gonna get her out and stretch her legs just to make sure before i take it back and let the tards tinker on it for a month again.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino

WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:18 pm

I have them hd tie rods stock and if you put the radiator shields off of the X it will keep the mud off the radiator...only like 20 a side with hardware
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:32 pm

The xp only started overheating after towing the short bus. It also was full of mud. But I would do it again would never leave anyone stranded.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:46 pm

highlander wrote:
The xp only started overheating after towing the short bus. It also was full of mud. But I would do it again would never leave anyone stranded.

And thats why your the man!!! Good meetin your brother too, tell him i said thanks for the ride!!
Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:04 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone IMG_0688-1
Too funny! roflmao
Back to top Go down
HellOnWheels
SSXSRider Member
HellOnWheels

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:21 pm

HAHAHA, too funny, ill have short bus tricked out when you get back home matt.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 4:29 am

highlander wrote:

Exactly why I love this group of guys. We stop and help people that we are not even riding with, and never leave anyone behind.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Matt.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
jerr_81
SSXSRider Member
jerr_81

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Thats true Airborne this is a good group of guys hope to get my papers in mail tomorrow to become a orange member
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Then our crew ran into you guys on the trail and wouldn't get out of the way...... lol! kidding
Back to top Go down
Mattman347
SSXSRider Member
Mattman347

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:26 pm

That sucks Matt!! Between this run and the last one, you keep having "steering issues"!
Back to top Go down
jerr_81
SSXSRider Member
jerr_81

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:27 pm

It was all because of the short bus
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 am

Smith700 wrote:
Then our crew ran into you guys on the trail and wouldn't get out of the way...... lol! kidding

Hey we were trying. Don't worry after that i'm going to pack a piece of pipe in my tool bag to bend tierods..... I had some rod and steel ties to fix broke ones.. We just didnt' have chit to bed one straight. I will say we ended up using mainly matts tools to fix his ride! So atleast he tried to come prepared.

I do think I will bring my water spayer next time I ride with either him or chip though roflmao
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:50 am

[quote="8ball_99"]
Smith700 wrote:

I do think I will bring my water spayer next time I ride with either him or chip though roflmao

I've already picked one out up at lowes that I think will fit in my box. I did like the idea I heard over the weekend of one of the fire extringuishers filled with water. That sounded like the trick there.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:06 am

8ball_99 wrote:
.............. I will say we ended up using mainly matts tools to fix his ride! So atleast he tried to come prepared.

Did the tools come with the Can Am???? roflmao thatsright
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 am

Haha it came with a screwdriver..... Atleast it works cause im tired of getting screwed!!
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:57 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Haha it came with a screwdriver..... Atleast it works cause im tired of getting screwed!!

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
jerr_81
SSXSRider Member
jerr_81

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:52 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:

Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone 13435

Nice MuddyBuddy should got new razor or rhino
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:40 pm

jerr_81 wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone 13435

Nice MuddyBuddy should got new razor or rhino

I tried to talk him into a RZRS. I guess T-Bone got to him first..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone   Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone Empty

Back to top Go down

Short Bus had a rough weekend at brimestone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next