Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Yamaha rhino saealed bearings...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Yamaha rhino saealed bearings... Empty
PostSubject: Yamaha rhino saealed bearings...   Yamaha rhino saealed bearings... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:13 pm

I just thought I would take a pic of a brand new from yamaha, sealed bearing with the seal popped off to show how much grease they don't have in them. I packed all my new bearings full of grease befroe installing them, maybe they will last a little longer now.

Yamaha rhino saealed bearings... P1100013
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10317
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rhino saealed bearings...   Yamaha rhino saealed bearings... EmptyThu May 22, 2008 11:15 pm

Good info. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rhino saealed bearings...   Yamaha rhino saealed bearings... EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:38 pm

I always pull the seal and repack the bearings with a marine rated waterproof grease it makes them last a lot longer put the mud still gets to them after awile.
Back to top Go down
rhinomikey

rhinomikey

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rhino saealed bearings...   Yamaha rhino saealed bearings... EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:57 am

wrenchhead wrote:
I always pull the seal and repack the bearings with a marine rated waterproof grease it makes them last a lot longer put the mud still gets to them after awile.

I had just assumed they were packed with plenty grease until I read on another forum that they were not, so I had to check my new ones for myself.

I have had a couple of folks on other forums tell me they are not supposed to be fully packed with grease, so I guess I may be doing the wrong thing by packing them (according to them), I think I am doing right since I have packed many a car wheel bearing over the years and always packed them full of grease with no ill effects. I am with you on this school of thought wrenchhead!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rhino saealed bearings...   Yamaha rhino saealed bearings... EmptyWed May 28, 2008 5:15 pm

rhinomikey wrote:
wrenchhead wrote:

I had just assumed they were packed with plenty grease until I read on another forum that they were not, so I had to check my new ones for myself.

I have had a couple of folks on other forums tell me they are not supposed to be fully packed with grease, so I guess I may be doing the wrong thing by packing them (according to them), I think I am doing right since I have packed many a car wheel bearing over the years and always packed them full of grease with no ill effects. I am with you on this school of thought wrenchhead!

I agree tottally, pack-em as full as you can!!!!! I would go as far also as to wipe a little silicone around the outer edge of the seal/bearing face. I've hav'nt the pleasure yet, but it looks like to me they ar'nt really sealed all that well.
rebel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha rhino saealed bearings...   Yamaha rhino saealed bearings... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yamaha rhino saealed bearings...
Page 1 of 1