SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Atv 4 point harness

Go down 
+4
samiam
ridepate
chipper
dixiecop28
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Super Atv 4 point harness Empty
PostSubject: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:24 pm

does anyone have the Super Atv four point harness and if you do how do you like them? On thier site you can get a pair of them for $89. I wanna ditch the stock seat belts and want to see what everyones thoughts are on which ones to get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:09 pm

I think that all they carry any more are just the y-style which need a single hole in the headset. A friend has another style they had and got them pretty cheap too, but they don't have a sternum strap. I rode with him once and they would slide out from off my shoulders. I have DFR's, I think they cost like 250 total but i've been really happy with them so far.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:38 pm

dixie,
I've got the superatv'ers with the automotive style buckle. I like them a lot. They are Y's which work on my harness-bar just fine. If you had seats with double-holes they would not work nor would they work too well with RZR seats. The may have the H-style, dunno, didn't ask.
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 pm

they have two styles on there. on is the latch system that does not have the sternum strap. the other styles has a automotive style buckle and that one has the sternum strap on it. I just dont know if I like that auto buckle on it though.
Super Atv 4 point harness SB-3-black-buckle-seatbelt-main-01

Super Atv 4 point harness SB-3-black-buckle-seatbelt-buckle-zoom-01
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:44 pm

cool thank pate
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:51 pm

I got the auto-buckle mostly for the son, he can do it himself . The sternum-strap is a good feature and works well.
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Got em. Had em for a while.

Pros: price and the snap lock, although some would argue that this is a con because it could come unlocked when really needed.

Cons: One side of the lap belt keeps sliding out of the shoulder harness when not in use and you have to keep threading it back thru. I am 6 ft 200# (O K 210) and there is not a lot more adjustability left in the lap belt. The shoulder harness will not stay tight.

Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:07 am

I have them and don't like them. I have the automotive latch style harnesses. Two or three times they have come unbuckled at VERY bad times, like going up butt puckering climbs. If they get dirt in them they will not latch correctly. I will be replacing mine shortly when I start my new cage. Sorry my life is worth more than $89. Just my .02 cents.

Wanna deal on a set? thatsright $50
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:39 am

I have Crow belts. I like them. A little pricey, but I don't feel like I am cutting corners with the safety restraints, especially with the little ones.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:42 am

AIRBORNE wrote:
I have Crow belts. I like them. A little pricey, but I don't feel like I am cutting corners with the safety restraints, especially with the little ones.

Crows........ allright
Back to top Go down
hutch
SSXSRider Member
hutch

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:13 pm

I have been looking at the new pro armor belts,anyone tried these? They have the sternum strap but have race belt latch.
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:04 pm

hutch wrote:
I have been looking at the new pro armor belts,anyone tried these? They have the sternum strap but have race belt latch.

A buddy of mine has them on his rzr, I tried them out a few weeks ago and loved them. They were the same price as my DFR's, I like the pockets they have and the light. They come with the 5th point also and I tried it out. It didn't seem to bother me but I didn't ride too long. If I have to replace my ride I'll probably buy those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Atv 4 point harness   Super Atv 4 point harness Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Atv 4 point harness
Page 1 of 1