SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prior service Military sound off

Go down 
+59
wbetheajr
Rcc1948
chadboehne
Gimpy
justlill
polarmud
billybob
Raccer
rzrrider1
wvregulators
Fire1190
the_duck_plucker
Yarddog
Baditude
Gunpilot
Rustybas
feyerfiter
RangeRover
KY. Colonel
bellman
rhino nut
samiam
JD
Dirt Chic
The Lyin King
bigbore
PatrickB
cajuncoot
DirtDawber
2Slow4U
Rhino Rob
SFC Retired
CAVHOOAH
Big-R
sprinklerhead
spangs
recon33alpha
Disaster
Woodtick
wtwhitelaw
USMCSKI
misterp
grizzdhm
The Irishman
yellow660
blu-knight
rcmass
Last Chance Rhino
bofts
Thumper Vince
wvyankee2
Foxfire
Z28
Admin
Clutch
wrenchhead
shawnley1222
GunRunner
AIRBORNE
63 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Prior service Military sound off Empty
PostSubject: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyFri May 23, 2008 9:56 am

Just curious if anyone else is in the military, or has ever been. Not that there aren't enough topics to keep me entertained, just thought I would throw it out there. Reserves or NG count too! GO ARMY!! AIRBORNE!!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyFri May 23, 2008 10:42 am

Never was, vietnam draft ended before my number was called but I support all our soldiers who have served and are serving our country!!! thank you all! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:15 am

With a name like Gunny, I figured you for a Marine. BTW, I dont think I have told you. I freakin love the look of your rig. I hope my camo Rhino turns out as sharp as your AC.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyFri May 23, 2008 4:39 pm

I was all ready to go to the Marines right out of high school but failed the physical cause of my knees :evil: camo rhinos are the best
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyFri May 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
With a name like Gunny, I figured you for a Marine. BTW, I dont think I have told you. I freakin love the look of your rig. I hope my camo Rhino turns out as sharp as your AC.
They just call me that, Ive been known as the GunRunner for years on these and other sites. I got that from being a Federal licensed Firearms Dealer for the past 19 years. I didnt really want the gunny nickname as I didn't want anybody thinking I was something Im not ,but it just stuck. lol! My Cat thanks you for the comment!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyFri May 23, 2008 9:29 pm

The Cat looks nice with those 108s. That is what I bought for the Rhino too. Should look sweet, camo all blacked out. It may end up being too pretty to take out into the woods.
Back to top Go down
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:31 pm

U.S. Army before the wall fell
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySat May 24, 2008 12:24 am

Nice!! Were you stationed in Germany?

I have been at FT Jackson, SC for basic, FT Lee, VA for AIT, FT Bragg for 18 months (Airborne!) and FT Benning, GA for OCS, FT Lee again, and then landing at FT Campbell, KY. I turned down an assignment in Vincenza, Italy. I still wish I had taken that one, but things have worked out well for me. We are looking at trying for FT Carson, CO or coming back to FT Campbell after my Captain's Career Course. Alaska would be nice too, but I don't know if my wife could handle that for 3 years. FT Carson is becoming more of an option as they are beefing it up by like 13,000 troops.
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

Number of posts : 217

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:15 am

4 years from 91-95 Combat Engineer with a secondary MOS as a Primary Marksmanship Instructor (weapons coach), Deployed to Okinawa Japan for a year, South Korea for 4 months (few people know we almost went in to North Korea after the first Gulf war was over, I know because I sat on a ship off the coast in full combat gear locked and loaded for a month.) Philippines for 3 months cheers (Mount Pinatubo clean up). Camp Lejeune for 2.5 years, from there I was deployed to Norway, 100 miles above the arctic circle for 3 months (freek'n Burr) then 6 months in Guantanamo bay Cuba for the "Great Migration" when everyone from Haiti and Cuba tried to come to the states in 94' (I made the cover of Life Magazine). State side, Alaska, Wisconsin, New Mexico, California for various reasons.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:26 am

Semper Fi dude.........you got your money's worth in travel miles! I have been to Lejeune a few times, and its okay. I actually bought my truck right there in Swansboro while I was visiting my friend who was serving at Cherry Point. Played golf on Lejeune twice and went on vaction to the beach houses once. He is still in, and he just finished up working at a MEPS, and now is headed to CA. I am visiting him in WV on the 14th before he leaves. I am sure he will tell me how jacked up the Army is (as always), but I just laugh. He has been in 13 years and his only tour was to Okinawa for 4 months. And he calls me a pogue............geez. Thanks for the response, and keep it real. HOOAH!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySat May 24, 2008 2:29 pm

I tried to join up after my accident but they said no Mad

I told them I could be an anti-tanker lol!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySat May 24, 2008 10:20 pm

You could mount a .50 cal on the hood of the Rhino, and be a mounted cav scout. May have to tone down the yellow though. The enemy could pick you out a mile away. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Z28

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Just curious if anyone else is in the military, or has ever been. Not that there aren't enough topics to keep me entertained, just thought I would throw it out there. Reserves or NG count too! GO ARMY!! AIRBORNE!!

US Navy 72-78 Hard to remember But harder to forget!!!
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:27 pm

Sweet!! My uncles were in the Navy, one for four years, one for 13 years.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:44 am

Airborne LT wrote:
You could mount a .50 cal on the hood of the Rhino, and be a mounted cav scout. May have to tone down the yellow though. The enemy could pick you out a mile away. Laughing

true..lol
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:46 am

Nick ill switch ya till u get back :D u can tell them to leave the .50 CAL tell em personal reasons Rolling Eyes deer in the headlights would never see that one coming Razz

rebel drive rebel drive rebel
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptySun May 25, 2008 7:42 am

Nick, I think you would like a Mk19 or a mini gun better than the Ma Duce.
Back to top Go down
wrenchhead

wrenchhead

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyMon May 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Airborne LT wrote:
Nice!! Were you stationed in Germany?

I have been at FT Jackson, SC for basic, FT Lee, VA for AIT, FT Bragg for 18 months (Airborne!) and FT Benning, GA for OCS, FT Lee again, and then landing at FT Campbell, KY. I turned down an assignment in Vincenza, Italy. I still wish I had taken that one, but things have worked out well for me. We are looking at trying for FT Carson, CO or coming back to FT Campbell after my Captain's Career Course. Alaska would be nice too, but I don't know if my wife could handle that for 3 years. FT Carson is becoming more of an option as they are beefing it up by like 13,000 troops.
Yes I was stationed at Bad Hersfield pulled guard on the border and if the people only knew what went on they would kiss the ground soldiers walk on freedom is not cheap by long shot there is prices paid everyday
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 1:52 am

This is true! We sent three Soldiers out of Bagram in metal boxes in the past two days. RIP comrades.
Back to top Go down
Clutch

Clutch

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:17 pm

It turns my stomach every time I see a flag draped casket. Hope you guys know how much your appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 3:53 pm

US Army....drafted ....70 to 72
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 7:02 pm

Nick. Make this a sticky Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 7:51 pm

u got it
Back to top Go down
Thumper Vince
SSXSRider Member
Thumper Vince

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:34 pm

USMC - lifer (diabled vet) Platoon boss 26th marines scout/snipers, I Corps Viet Nam 3/65 - 2/68. Last time hurt at Khe Sahn. Primary Marksmanship Inst. Parris Isl. Jump sch at Benning. Sub training at New London (got wet) Sad Later flight Sch at Pensicola - defines "Crash Course" but got my tickets. Saw the world, got educated and grew up (my wife would argue that point) tattooed along the way. Semper Fi
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:55 pm

my buddy leaves sept. 15 to go to the marines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prior service Military sound off   Prior service Military sound off Empty

Back to top Go down

Prior service Military sound off
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next