SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL Empty
PostSubject: MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL   MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:00 pm

I checked on this with Snopes and they said it is still under research?? No answer as of yet. I pray this isn't true. I got this in an E-Mail from a friend today.

Today I was incensed at the conclusion of a traditional Serbian-Orthodox funeral for my beloved 85 year old uncle, Daniel Martich, who proudly served in the US Army during The Korean Conflict. During the committal service at a Pittsburgh cemetery the local military detachment performed their ritual, then folded and presented the American Flag to my aunt. As I'm sure you have witnessed during military funerals, a soldier bends to one knee and recites a scripted message to a surviving relative that begins 'On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation, I wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband's service ...'. However, today the dialogue was 'On behalf of the Secretary of Defense and a grateful nation ...' After the service I approached the soldier who presented the flag to my aunt to inquire about the change in language. His response was "The White House notified all military funeral service detachments to immediately remove 'the President' and insert 'the Secretary of Defense'. I couldn't believe what I heard and the soldier smiled and said "You can draw your own conclusion sir but that was the order". He, too, was ashamed of what he was required to say.

This president has taken off the gloves. My only response to this endless cesspool of Anti-American rhetoric dripping from his mouth is to borrow a phrase (with one minor change) uttered by another temporary Washington resident living in government housing: "Today for the first time in my adult life I was ASHAMED of my country". I did not serve in the military but my love of country parallels that of people like my late uncle who bled Red, White and Blue. As a second generation Serbian-American who's heritage produced many patriotic military men and women who fought for freedom both in The United States as well as in the former Yugoslavia (most recently in Kosovo against the slaughter of Serbs by Muslim extremists) I implore you to make the American people aware of this little-known or, at least, publicly acknowledged fact.

May God Bless you and your family during these difficult times. Your voice of reason is a welcome change from the insanity plastered across the country by the liberal media. Keep up the great work and thank you for your service to our country.

Sincerely,

John G. Martich
Weirton , WV
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL   MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Ohh My God, dont know what else to say. and you wont get a answer from snoops they are ruled by that shameful administration.

if you are black I can somewhat understand that you voted for this mistake we now have as president just because you thought he would somehow help you but if you are a white and you voted for this idiot there is no excuse and I am ashamed to be from the same race as you!! I am not ashamed of my country but I am absolutely ashamed of our leadership or lack there of.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL   MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:31 pm

I tell you what...... A black man has my vote!!!!!!!!!

MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL Landin10
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL   MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:41 pm

You right!!!!!!!!!!!!

MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL 2bbscw
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL   MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:28 am

I like Cain too, he speaks my language.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL   MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL Empty

Back to top Go down

MILITARY FUNERAL PROTOCOL
Page 1 of 1