Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Honda Generators

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6264
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:07 am

Will a 2000w Honda power the 15,000 BTU ceiling air conditioner in my trailer. I am getting tired of toting the big generator all over the place and have been wanting a small one. Just want to make sure it's enough.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:35 am

Don't think so Chris, but I'll check with our camper dealer tomorrow for you to make sure. I think I remember them telling me minimum was like 3,000 watts.

Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:13 pm

I have another generator, but it is a big one and kinda loud. I was hoping to have something a little easier to manage around the campsite. I guess I could always buy two and pair them up. Pricey though.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Is that the biggest Honda makes Chris.....I would think they make up to 4,000 watts.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Yeah, the only thing is the 4000w are also bigger and heavier. I have an 8000w Blackmax with a Honda engine. Great generator, but big and kinda loud. I was hoping for something that I would pick up and move around easily. I am in no hurry. I can look around at all options, mainly just looking for feedback. The Honda 3000w has an MSRP of 2300-ish, and you can find these 2000i for around 900 on ebay if you look hard. If you could get two of them and pair them up, not sure if they would produce a full 4000w or not.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:03 pm

I use a honda EU2000i that I've had a few years. I love it super quiet and only weighs about 50Lb. Very easy to carry. It also has a 12v out so you can connect it straight to a battery to charge it or run a cooling fan if you have it in a cabinet..
All that said though. No it will not run your 15k unit. Not even close. They won't even run a 13.5 unit. I have a coleman 9k Cub on my trailer. I bought the AC because at the time it was the only one my generator would run. Now coleman has made a new AC pretty much just for the small inverter generators. They sell a 12.5 ac that is right at the rating for a honda Eu2000i. Either it or the 9k are the only two that I know of. My 9k does pretty good on my trailer it just takes a few hours to cool it off if you cut it on in the afternoon. I have mine sold and soon as the guy picks it up i'm going to replace it with the new 12.5. Just so if I'm dry camping I dont have to run the generator as long to cool off the trailer.
Honda now sells a Handi Eu3000i generator. Its got wheels and is pretty small for what it is.. They only rate it for 13.5k ac units though.. Not sure what the start up amperage on your 15k Its rated for 16 amps running watts so the 3000 should run it as long as the startup isn't to high. It can handle a 25 amp surge and 21 amps running..
My sister has two of the 2000is to run her trailer.. Honestly I probably wouldn't go that route. They like theirs.. But you have to motors so double the starting double gas tanks to fill, ect, ect. Only time we run our generator is to run the AC or to charge the battery. So chances are you will be starting both of them most of the time.. Makes more since just to have a little larger one.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7590
Registration date : 2009-10-01

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Honda does make a 2000 dual set up (side by side) generators with a patch cord that will pull a AC unit. Friday I just checked out an article in Trailer Life magazine where they compared the top generators. Yamaha beat them. They also had a set up to run 2 parrellel generators.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm

EI3000i with remote start is what you are looking for Airborne. its quiet and will do the job for ya without leaving the couch.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:43 pm

chris i use my honda 2000 at the farm to run the ac on my trailer, not sure what the size of the ac is but from looks its pretty well the standard on a 30Ft trailer... I also have the yamaha 2400, both great generators but the honda is quieter and alot less in the weight department
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1303
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:18 am

the 2000 will not even try to start a 15000btu air. a 3000 wont run it for long. juist go with 2 2000 easier to carry and if you are not running the air you only need 1. my 2000 will run everything in my camper except the air (15000btu). from microwave lights, t.v., fans.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 6:28 am

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone know a good place to buy new ones? I have seen many on ebay. Some have sold for 700-ish (Used), and around $900-950 (New).
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Here is the low down from the Trailer Life August 2011 article.

Honda EU2000I:
Can be used with Companion generator
50 lbs
$1,150 retail

Generac IX2000
Cannot be used with Companion gernerator
56 lbs
$681 retail

Yamaha EF2000iS
Can be used with Companion generator
$1,099 retail
Best choice by the article for fueling easier, starting easier, built in fuel gauge, slightly quieter at idle and more fuel efficient than the others.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks Les!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:31 pm

I don't know of anyone with a Yamaha generator, but I still favor anything with the Honda engine. My generator for the house has a Honda engine. Sits for months, pull a couple of times, and it is running.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Found the dual Yamaha setup with the parallel cord for a decent price, shipping included. Almost pulled the trigger on it last night, but decided to wait.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:15 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
Found the dual Yamaha setup with the parallel cord for a decent price, shipping included. Almost pulled the trigger on it last night, but decided to wait.

Just curious. What kind of $ did you find them?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

I haven't had any experience with the yamaha version. So can't really compare them.. I can tell you I can walk out in the garage and fire my honda up on the 1st or 2nd pull after its been sitting a couple months :) Mind you I bought 3-4 years ago. The yamaha having a fuel gauge is kind of handy. Really though they only hold a gallon of gas. I just run mine till it cuts off or I'll just top it off from time to time. It will run about 8 hours with a light load. Running my AC its good for about 6. Over a 3 day trip dry camping I'll use about 2-4 gallons of gas. I only run the generator at night when we get in or for a couple hours in the morning.

I paid about 980 for mine if I remember right. I bought it at a local generator store. They have a 3 year warranty so I figured getting it at the local shop would help me out if I had problems.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:04 am

Gimpy wrote:
AIRBORNE wrote:

Just curious. What kind of $ did you find them?

Around 1900 for two with the parallel cable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Honda Generators Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honda Generators   Honda Generators Empty

Back to top Go down

Honda Generators
Page 1 of 1