SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do you need a spare

Go down 
+5
wvyankee2
AIRBORNE
Big-R
ridepate
nocerisdave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Why do you need a spare Empty
PostSubject: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:28 pm

For your trailer?

I blew a tire on my trailer a while back and being the procrastination king I am, I never replaced it. Coming home from Stoney Sunday I blew another one, the spare, of course. So I am 45 minutes from home and on the racetrack that is I65, on the side of the road. THIS is when you need a friend for help. A friend that stopped to see whats up. A friend that goes to Walmart and buys a tire, comes back and helps to mount the tire on the blown tire rim. Then provides the ether to set the bead. And when the small compressor wont air it up, takes the newly mounted tire to a gas station and airs it up, and then brings it back for the final mount. I must be the only one that knows that flashers will kill your battery.....so yes he had to jump me off. Two and a half hours later the boy and I are back on the road.

This is the true meaning of 'no one left behind'.

Thank you very much Scott and Julie!!!
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:37 pm

The cheep-shit chino trailer tires these days are subject to fail at any time, new or used. Great you had some help. That "Whoosh-Whoosh' on the side of the interstate ai'nt fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:39 pm

The boy was a lil more than freaked out.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:42 pm

nocerisdave wrote:

This is the true meaning of 'no one left behind'.

Thank you very much Scott and Julie!!!

did you ride with them???? How are they doing??? I have not heard from them in a while.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:48 pm

They are fine. I will tell them you asked about them.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 am

nocerisdave wrote:

I had a hell of a good time with them in WV. I wish they could make it to a TN ride. Along with you........ Jack ass.... sheephump
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:21 am

spank
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:08 am

Good to know that there are still good folks around.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 am

Get some Radials. thatsright
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:22 am

nocerisdave wrote:

Tell them I said Hi too, been wonderin' how they were getting along
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Didn't know anyone from here went to stoney lonesome. I'm about an hour away from it. Give me a call next time you go.

As far as trailer tires go, yeah they suck. Just a FYI there is a trailer place on I65 at the falkville exit. He sales 15" tires and rims for like 80 bucks.. You can get radials for a few dollars more. Not sure where you had your flat, Might have saved you some time. I've bought 3 different utility trailers from him and probably 10 tires. Knock on wood I've only had one blow out and that was an older tire. I carry a spare on EVERYThing though.. Even thinking about changing out some perfectly good bearings since I've heard dexter axles uses china crap bearings now. A blow out is bad, but a bearing coming apart is 10x worse Sad
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 pm

PM me your cell number. Dust was terrible down their. I wood like to ride it without the dust at least once.

The tires, all three, including the spare, were on the trailer 8 years ago when I bought it used. No telling how old they were. We had the blowout just north of the 157 exit around 6:00 PM Sunday night. Not a lot of options at that time of night. Its just pure stupid of me to not have already replaced them. Lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
ollie
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Sorry to hear about your blow out. went to radials on my trailer last year.

I'm right off 278/431 in Attalla, about 1hr 15min from stoney, hollar next time you go, like to try it out.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:01 pm

I will.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Yeah sorry to say out of the few times I've been there the dust has been really bad all but once.. The trick is to go after they have gotten plenty of rain.. If its wet you will get stuck on the extreme mud trails.. When its dry you wonder why they call them mud trails. Place wouldn't be so bad if all the traffic didn't have to ride up and down that main road.
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Sounds like you may have a ride in the works, Dave!!!! Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you need a spare   Why do you need a spare Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do you need a spare
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: General SidexSide Discussion-
Jump to: