SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Must Have items for the trail?

Go down 
+16
KY. Colonel
Baditude
Doc
cajuncoot
brownboy
ollie
ridepate
AIRBORNE
ohsresq
zilla
nocerisdave
Dean
Craig_C
8ball_99
PWM
bacon
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ollie
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Roll them tight and stash them some where you on your rig!
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm

We got it together Brown BOY all we need is cat he has all the tools Tools
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:34 pm

eye and face mask protection i damn near wa blinded from dusk ( see pic with coot and a tampon up his nose ) dust will kill ya man !
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Tampons. uplaugh He aint lyin
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:37 pm

Homemade Jerky, better YUM factor that store bought. and hand stretch wrap unit.
The stretch wrap will be handy for a tore cv boot, just wrap it up. It will also take the place of bungee cords for keeping stuff secure together or lids closed and waterproof.
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Doc wrote:

Homemade Jerky, better YUM factor that store bought. and hand stretch wrap unit.
The stretch wrap will be handy for a tore cv boot, just wrap it up. It will also take the place of bungee cords for keeping stuff secure together or lids closed and waterproof.
Good rainwear too huh Doc lol!
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Doc
SSXSRider Member
Doc

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 am

Yep, taking the place of duct tape on a regular basis with no stickey residue after the removal.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:52 am

Doc wrote:

Oh man ill be thinking about some jerky all day now, thanks alot lol
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:42 am

I have a Eastwing camp axe bought at a pawn shop, rain suit, duct tape, zip ties, hose claps, fuses, tools, can of fix a flat, can of tire slime because sometimes plugs just arent enough. thought about taking a tube for the serious tire cut.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 pm

This item has helped to pull me out twice when I wasnt near a better anchor point.

Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 Groundscrew
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:57 pm

A fold up hand saw I had in my tool bag saved my group from having to turn around and backtrack several miles on a ride once. We cut a 8-10 inch tree enough that we could muscle it out of the way.....there was no way to go around it.

You will never have everything you need!
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:09 am

Dean wrote:
We got it together Brown BOY all we need is cat he has all the tools Tools

thatsright drive
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 2:50 pm

I have had a fuse issue so I take a variety of fuses,electrical tape,zip ties, and I never ride without Bush, Mason and Stealth (Chris). Another suggestion: organize your tool/parts bag so that you can find what you need when you need it. Good Luck,have fun, be safe. Oh ,light weight rain gear is not a bad idea to have along-just in case.
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 4:05 pm

KY. Colonel wrote:
I have had a fuse issue so I take a variety of fuses,electrical tape,zip ties, and I never ride without Bush, Mason and Stealth (Chris). Another suggestion: organize your tool/parts bag so that you can find what you need when you need it. Good Luck,have fun, be safe. Oh ,light weight rain gear is not a bad idea to have along-just in case.

Have you ever tried a self resetting breaker fuse style? I remembered you've had several issues with it. It's not a fix but at least you wouldn't have to stop and change the fuse everytime at least. Just a thought if you haven't tried it yet.
Back to top Go down
spud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm

jumper cables
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:25 am

cajuncoot wrote:
eye and face mask protection i damn near wa blinded from dusk ( see pic with coot and a tampon up his nose ) dust will kill ya man !

thatsright Tampons are a must for nose bleeds on the trail

Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 J0lg90

COOT is the proof
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:40 am

lol
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:34 am

chipper wrote:
KY. Colonel wrote:

Have you ever tried a self resetting breaker fuse style? I remembered you've had several issues with it. It's not a fix but at least you wouldn't have to stop and change the fuse everytime at least. Just a thought if you haven't tried it yet.

I am working on getting a breaker on it now, good advice Thanks.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Chainsaw..had a few instances on outlaw trails when we had to break one out..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must Have items for the trail?   Must Have items for the trail? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Must Have items for the trail?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2