SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teryx4 vs. RZR4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:56 am

Jsut passing along info from a recent customers purchase choice:::

http://www.teryxforums.net/teryx4/15379-teryx-4-vs-rzr-4-a.html

jwrincon Join Date: Nov 2011

TERYX 4 vs RZR 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just purchased my first Kawasaki on black friday, a 2012 Teryx4 EPS CAMO edition. My wife and I were in the market for a four seater side by side for our family of four. We have two young girls ages 3 and 1 that love to ride. We originally went to the dealer with all intentions of either buying the Ranger Crew with EPS is Sandstone, or the RZR 4 LE with EPS. Our local dealer is a KTM, Polaris, and Kawasaki dealer. We were unaware the Teryx4 had just been released and that our dealer had just received a Camo EPS Teryx4. We really didn't like the orange/white color of the RZR 4 EPS and really thought it lacked passenger room so we decided to also look at the Ranger Crew EPS which was available and in stock in the Sandstone color. When we arrived at the dealership, Gary (owner) had both Polaris models by the the test track and said he wanted us to also drive the Teryx4 which was on display in the showroom. My wife and I took turns driving the Ranger Crew and the RZR 4 on the test track which was a very small oval with a few hills. We were not excited about either Polaris modesl. I am 6'2" and just shy of 200 lbs, and was very crammed in the back of the RZR 4 with my knees sticking out the sides of the front seat. The RZR 4 also seemed to lack any type of comfort features. The Ranger Crew had a lot of seating room and felt comfortable, but just wasn't as trail worthy as what we were looking for. Then out came Gary with the Camo EPS Teryx4, I think we were sold before we even test drove the unit. Seating was roomy and very comfortable and the cockpit seemed more refined then the RZR 4. The color alone sold it for me, camo or white/orange? The engine seemed more responsive and definitely more power then the crew and about the same if not more then the RZR. The Teryx4 has a shorter wheelbase then the RZR4, which is very noticeable and pleasing manuevering around the track. Kawasaki didn't just stretch out the original Teryx and add a backseat like polaris did with the RZR, and the quality of both units shows that Kawasaki put in the effort to manufacture a true four seater side by side. We actually ranked the RZR 4 at the bottom of our list. Maybe if we were a family of relatively short/little people looking for a ride to jump sand dunes we may have chosen the RZR 4. We shocked family and friends when we arrived home with our new Teryx4, since we went to test drive a Ranger Crew and RZR 4. Since we were bias originally to the RZR, and test drove both the RZR 4 and Teryx 4, I can honestly say the TERYX4 is an all around better machine.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:55 pm

I think Kawi hit it on the head with not going to an extremly long wheelbase. I really like the Kawis, and if I could afford another one, Id prolly have one. Nothing has ever sounded as good as the Kawi twin with duals!
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 6:12 pm

perfect10
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:03 pm

IMO, Kawi nailed it -- this is what the Rhino 4 should've been...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
Stakk

Stakk

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:24 am

FYI, more ride opinions and recent buyers feedback:

v-rex Join Date: Jan 2009

I have had a chance to ride both and like many others have mentioned the T4 is a better trail machine with the rzr4 a better sand machine. Also if you are ever going to have adults ride in the back the T4 is much better.

ROTR Join Date: Nov 2010

I have both and they both have different characteristics. The shorter wheelbase on the T-4 is a definite advantage. The RZR 4 "feels" really long but has better suspension.
If there is any way to test drive both before you make your decision you could decide which one better suits your needs. Based on your comment "rarely get over 40 mph and ride wooded trails", I would think the T-4 is a good choice.
BTW, the teryx is limited to 50 mph, but gets there in a hurry. I haven't had a chance to race the RZR 4 vs T-4, but I think the T-4 would kill it off the line and get to 30 mph quicker.
Here is a video that shows the T-4 in a sand hill climb against a RZR S, it was only a car length behind.

FUELATV
Official Site Vendor

The T4 doesn't feel top heavy when off camber. I think the looks of it are decieving. As far as which machine to suggest I would have to recommend the T4. After driving both I like that the T4 looks and feels like it will handle more for a longer period of time. It has a ton of low end power with the new clutch and in a short period of time it will have multiple upgrades available if you need more on the top end although I don't think that is what you want it for. I was able to easily do 50mph in the T4 before it hit the limiter and without the limiter the engine still had plenty of power left and that is completely stock. If anything take the money you will save purchasing the T4 over the RZR 4 and buy aftermarket shocks to make the ride better.

Just my .02.

ROTR Join Date: Nov 2010

Having over 5000 miles in RZR's, rhino's and 2 seat teryxs there is a difference in ergonomics. You feel like your sitting "down" in the RZR's (legs are more straight out in front of you) vs. sitting "up" in the teryx and rhino (legs bent at the knee). I personally am more comfortable and have less driver fatigue at the end of the day sitting up vs sitting down, that's personal preference.

As far as suspension the only place the RZR 4 suspension is noticably better is high speed duning. The T-4 ate up anything 10" and smaller, ie: ruts, bumps, rocks, as well as the RZR 4.
The RZR 4 has better suspension, less clearance, longer wheel base, bigger turning radius.
The T-4 has a shorter wheelbase, a tighter turning radius, more clearance (this was noticable).

As far as a top heavy feel, the T-4 is definently higher than the RZR 4, but wouldn't say its top heavy, but it is and feels higher than the RZR 4 for sure. Didn't ever feel tippy though. The other advantage from sitting "up" is your field of vision is a lot better.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx4 vs. RZR4   Teryx4 vs. RZR4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Teryx4 vs. RZR4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Kawasaki-
Jump to: