SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moving out on my own Saturday.

Go down 
+25
Stench
tracker1
samiam
RedNeckRanger
Gimpy
stealth
ohsresq
GunRunner
bush
nocerisdave
2Slow4U
loosenut
Dean
MuddyBuddy
xp-Ray
Baditude
DirtDawber
chipper
Craig_C
jasonch
Dan
Woodtick
Foxfire
Hollon
bacon
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Moving out on my own Saturday. Empty
PostSubject: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:46 am

If all goes well this Saturday i will be moving out on my own. Planned on waiting til a little after the first of the year but somethings camp up and here i go lol. Jessica(my fiancee) and I are pretty excited about it, gonna be eating lots of ramen noodles for awhile tho :) Any tips you have on being out on your own for the first time and on a budget throw them at me.
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:47 am

Oh yeah and i know im a little late on getting out, but these damn toys have kept me stuck there.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:51 am

the best I can tell ya is simple. its kinda like being stuck in a mud hole in the buggy. dont get so damn stuck that nobody can pull you out before you ask for help. everybody needs a little help dont forget it and dont take advantage either and you will be just fine!! Good luck Bro!!
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:00 am

At 23, I am sure that planning for your future is way out in left field.
Start now....a little here, and a little there. In the end, it will all add up.....and that day will come sooner that you could ever imagine.
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:05 am

X2 one what Fox said. Planning and Saving for the future is big time IMPORTANT
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:38 pm

No matter what, save a portion of what you make... learn to live on 90% of your spendable income and save the 10%.

Back to top Go down
jasonch

jasonch

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Make your mind up that you will make it work. No matter what. Both in moving out and in marriage. Just know that backing out isn't an option.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Just say this...

"Im wrong, your right, Im sorry, I love you"
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Just say this...

"Im wrong, your right, Im sorry, I love you"

thatsright
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Separate checking accounts, joint savings account and don't pee on the lid or floor.
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Make a budget, pay your bills on time and save $1,000 as fast as you can - stuff comes up (car repairs etc..) Also part of the budget include the pay your self bill.

It's tough in the beginning but it gets easier. Don't forget to have some fun. My biggest regret was getting to far in debt at a young age and taking years to pay it off.
Back to top Go down
xp-Ray

xp-Ray

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:54 pm

just remember that this is your home not your friends. I had a hard time when I first moved out because my friends would come over eat all my food then take off, leaving me with nothing for the week.
And remember bills/ food are higher priority than beer...... had a hard time with that one as well. Chug
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Haha I hear ya brothers ive been on my own for 2 years now (out of college) and one thing I recommend amongst all our elder's wisdom mentioned here is toilet paper, never forget to keep it stocked up.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Every young man when getting his 1st start needs a fry-daddy u will not go hungry with 1 of those things trust me i no Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:32 pm

I didnt know the fry daddy had anything to do with age!! I live that thing....I put stuff in it even if it doesnt say on the box it can be deep fried!
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:16 pm

IT dont any age will do i do the same thing i guess u never out grow the fry-daddy
Back to top Go down
loosenut
SSXSRider Member
loosenut

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:21 pm

REM; HAPPY WIFE , HAPPY LIFE......... and dont have any youngens!
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:50 pm

DirtDawber wrote:
Separate checking accounts, joint savings account and don't pee on the lid or floor.

This, IMO, are the "secrets of success" that it all boils down to...
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Lol thanks guys. Good stuff, keep it coming.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:28 am

Make damn sure she can do this.

Moving out on my own Saturday. Heels

On a serious note....dont go to bed pissed at her, work out arguments before sleeping.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:32 am

for me and monica we have separate savings and checking. i pay all the bills at the house. power,tv,internet ect. that way is somthing happens and we split i can still get by without her. im lucky and have no house payment. she buys food. she makes 15k more than me a year but i still save more money than her. she has student loans. keep everything separate. i see it everyday with people spliting up and one of them cleaned out the bank account. and like others said, the woman is always right.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 am

Hopefully she has a good job lol! Otherwise plan on selling that rzr!
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:10 pm

I get a little older and wiser everyday. Don't live off credit cards. That 300 you charge now ends up being thousands later. then your buried. So live within your means. Put money away for the future. if you get a pet they can be almost as expensive as kids when they get sick. If you buy a house take repair expenses in to account expensive or really cheap isn't always better. When you buy anything go for quality it will payoff in the long run, Keep your wife very happy but don't break the bank doing it. if she loves you she will be understanding. The important thing is just don't stressed out if you feel you should be further along in life than you are.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Here lately i have been pretty dissapointed in the way i have been financially. I always wondered why everyone was so worried about saving money and wasnt like me and tried to buy every toy they could get. Although ive had alot of toys and cars, not saying i havent enjoyed them but man it would be so much easier if i didnt have the bills for them :/ I know now why it is so important to save money and will be doing my best to pay off what i got and learn how to save. Sucks cause it cant be done in a short amount of time, but im learning a good lesson. I let it bother me to much, but i know i will get back to where i need to be. Luckly i have Jess to keep me focused and yell at me for buying stuff lol. She is good at saving and will be done with school next year so hopefully she will be getting a much better job and letting me quit mine to be a stay at home trophy husband.......haha. We have been together almost 6 years and it amazes me a little more each day she can still put up with me :) My plans are one last windrock trip 2marro most likely and then putting mine up for a little while except for maybe some riding here in Athens. Gonna work all the overtime i can get and buckle down on my goals. It want be easy but i know i can do it. BTW Thanks for all the advice and laughs. If you think of any other stuff throw it at me.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:15 pm

Don't buy the cow when the milk is free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving out on my own Saturday.   Moving out on my own Saturday. Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving out on my own Saturday.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next