SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

looking to get a cage chopped

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

looking to get a cage chopped Empty
PostSubject: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 10:56 pm

I may actually be getting a RZR S in the near future it's true. So i would like to know who everyone would recommend to do a cage chop and how much, i'm thinking 5". The main reason is so it would fit in my trailer and the second reason they look much better. I live in SW Ohio so im also looking for some one close to me as well.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 7:52 pm

I don't know anyone real close to you. However, You have Dr. Chop that lives in Slade Ky, WV Rider in Logan WV and Catmostfeard in Crestwood KY. They would have to tell you the cost because I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:05 pm

I wonder if you could find a local welding/machine shop that might do it for you....If they didn't ask a arm and a leg for it.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Smith700 wrote:
I wonder if you could find a local welding/machine shop that might do it for you....If they didn't ask a arm and a leg for it.

You are much better off with some one that knows RZR's. You still want stock stuff to fit...... Windshield, top....
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Good point on that. I know getting the J-Strong top on a chopped RZR can be a bit of a pain. I agree though. allright
Back to top Go down
ohsresq
SSXSRider Member
ohsresq

Number of posts : 1753
Registration date : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Thank you for the input. I thought the same about looking for a local race shop to do it, But would rather have someone who has done this type of thing before.
Back to top Go down
http://ohsresq@yahoo.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 10:34 pm

ohsresq wrote:
Thank you for the input. I thought the same about looking for a local race shop to do it, But would rather have someone who has done this type of thing before.

When you get the machine give me a shout. I am sure me and Marty (Catmostfeard) can hook you up..........
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Marty is good. John Martin (ARMY) and his brother Craig live close to me. They have done a bunch of them too.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking to get a cage chopped   looking to get a cage chopped Empty

Back to top Go down

looking to get a cage chopped
Page 1 of 1