SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

va city riding

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
theshane_79

theshane_79

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-12-17

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: va city riding   va city riding EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:31 pm

went riding at va city today. there was some people working on trails. if anyone would like to ride there i will go.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 8:49 pm

What kind of shape are the trails in? I have not road there in about 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Stench
SSXSRider Member
Stench

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-01-26

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:35 pm

Do they have the main trail open near powerplant? Last time we went it was blocked and there were a lot of trees down.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 am

i would like to get back to riding there but if the trail i like to ride are still blocked for trees i will not pay the 50 bucks to get the perment. last time we rode the good trails was blocked with trees and we done more cutting than riding. we dont mind to cut some but if your paying 50 bucks to ride you should not have to cut more than you ride. i might just go back and check it out here soon.

i am going to try and make it to the club metting on the 5th at 7:30pm in west dante. im working but its just a few miles out of the county.

chris, jerry yall want to try and make it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
theshane_79

theshane_79

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:47 pm

trails are permantly blocked now. i have to go to the other parking lot on sandy ridge. they are currently working on a new parking lot on the power plant side. i rode 28 miles yesterday and had fun. but alot of the trails are growed up and scratched my paint. but the main trails are still fun. they need to do alot of work but they dont have the money to hire it done. only a few volunteers work on the trails. i wish more people around here would get involved. last meeting they mentioned that spearhead trail system wants to eventually hook up to va city and hatfield mccoy. wish i had a closer place to ride until then. i guess i will go to evarts every chance i get. planning on my first hatfield trip soon also.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Last I heard you could park over at grave yard and accesss the trails from there.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:59 pm

trails have changed alot recently. power plant permantly blocked the main trails. what graveyard are u talking about.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Next to the cement plant on Russel Road.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:20 pm

i have rode the trails at VA city for 10+ years. the club needs to be more active if it wants more members. start doing rides/poker runs ect again and have trail clean up days. i dont care to help with trails but there are some days i just want to ride and not worry about cutting trees all day. the last few times we went all we got done was cutting trees out of the trails. at that time there was a lot of members and they had money to work on the trails. i dont know how may members they have now but i know its went way down.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:56 pm

bush wrote:
i would like to get back to riding there but if the trail i like to ride are still blocked for trees i will not pay the 50 bucks to get the perment. last time we rode the good trails was blocked with trees and we done more cutting than riding. we dont mind to cut some but if your paying 50 bucks to ride you should not have to cut more than you ride. i might just go back and check it out here soon.

i am going to try and make it to the club metting on the 5th at 7:30pm in west dante. im working but its just a few miles out of the county.

chris, jerry yall want to try and make it.
I'll call you on wed and let you know.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:46 pm

i would be there but i am on swing shift and i got to work eve. shift this week. let me know what goes on at the meeting. thx.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 pm

the last meeting i went to they said with low memberships recently that we barely just had enough money to pay the lease fees and the insurance policy. just sad.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:30 pm

theshane_79 wrote:
the last meeting i went to they said with low memberships recently that we barely just had enough money to pay the lease fees and the insurance policy. just sad.
It's their own fault, when they had plenty of members (money) they would'nt
try to do anything to clean up trails. then it got so bad with fallen tree's and
briars alot of members left.and still yet they were'nt doing anything.I stayed
with them thinking things would change (wrong)
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm

i understand, i just wish it was a better place to ride since it is so close and everything else is way over an hour to get there.
the trails over there last week were very hard on my paint because of the briars. the briars are bad grown up over the trails. the only good trails for side by sides are the big main trails and that gets old. i am getting a new chainsaw and going to sharpen my machette soon as i get my tax money.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:12 pm

the tight trails are the best. harder the trail the better. but i dont like the briars hitting me. the next day i have off that the weather is not bad im going to go check some trails out. its only 10 min for me
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Yea i would like to go with ya, but i am on day shift and only day off is sunday. if the weather is decent i will be there for sure. i have been having to go to the sandy ridge parking lot because i cant find any trails that arent blocked that take you to the main trails, down on the power plant side. I talked to one of the guys from the club that was down there working and he said that i could get in from the power plant side and he kinda told me directions but i dont know exactly where he was talking about. va city is only about 20 min for me i guess. i hope to revive some of those trails. you can ride your atv or side by side in saint paul now i think. i seen some signs over there a couple weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:06 pm

theshane_79 wrote:
Yea i would like to go with ya, but i am on day shift and only day off is sunday. if the weather is decent i will be there for sure. i have been having to go to the sandy ridge parking lot because i cant find any trails that arent blocked that take you to the main trails, down on the power plant side. I talked to one of the guys from the club that was down there working and he said that i could get in from the power plant side and he kinda told me directions but i dont know exactly where he was talking about. va city is only about 20 min for me i guess. i hope to revive some of those trails. you can ride your atv or side by side in saint paul now i think. i seen some signs over there a couple weeks ago.
It would be nice to park in st paul and have access from there.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 pm

The town of St. Paul has passed the law that you can ride within the town limits. They are also looking at tying into Va City trails.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:34 am

hardy hollow rd. you can get to from there but you have to cross some private land for a little ways but all it is is an old road.
one of my buddys grand-father owns some land on gray hill that connects hardy hollow on the back side. i have parked there and rode into va city and he has some nice hill climbs on his land.he has put in a camp ground for the shaw workers there on gray hill. next time i see my buddy im going to see if he would be willing to make it an atv campground after all the workers leave. got a big pond next to the campground also. he could be setting on a gold mine.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

va city riding Empty
PostSubject: Re: va city riding   va city riding EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:31 pm

campground sounds like a great idea
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79