SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need advice on park brake for rzr

Go down 
+11
highlander
Clayboy
ChrisC
AIRBORNE
Gimpy
Craig_C
dixiecop28
Big-R
bush
stealth
theshane_79
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
theshane_79

theshane_79

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-12-17

need advice on park brake for rzr Empty
PostSubject: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:42 pm

i have 75 miles on my rzr and i see that i must have a parking brake. can you all suggest the best working one. i am 6 foot 4 and i need one that wont take away from my leg room
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Check with Greg at Mountain Motor Sports. They did have the camlock ebreaks in stock.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:57 pm

great thx i had no idea they would have one in stock. i got my top and shoulder bag from there. thx again.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Thinking about riding Evarts Monday you interested.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:02 pm

yes i was thinking about going over there as well. just got to check weater and make sure my girlfriend dont have plans for me lol. my cell number is 276-395-4763 just call or text.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Will do, Me and Bush were thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:04 pm

sounds great. my rzr is still on trailer. if i here from u before dark i will just leave it on the trailer. if not i am putting it back up over at lake street storage.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:06 pm

is the ebrake made by emp? is it blue?
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:06 pm

OK I will get with Bush and see if he is still game.
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:07 pm

theshane_79 wrote:
is the ebrake made by emp? is it blue?

Its made by camlock
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Polaris RZR Parking Brake - Camlock Brake System

When I bought the Polaris Ranger RZR I was taken aback by the total fun factor. The machine was very fun to drive and a smile would embed onto my face every time I would climb into the cockpit, turn the key and hit the gas.

Once the newness wore, I began looking at the deficiencies that the Polaris RZR had. Much like most machines, it isn’t perfect. But one thing stood out at the beginning when parking on any sort of incline, you better hope to have a friend. What would happen is that the parking cog would lock the transmission while the weight of the machine would hold pressure against the cog preventing the shifter to move easily into your desired position. When you went to move it from park to drive it would be quite a chore. This could even damage the shift linkage or the transmission. Fortunately, someone decided to design a system that is in my opinion a must for all RZR owners.

Jeff Kirkwood owner of the Camlock Brake System produces an emergency / parking brake system for the Polaris RZR. This Camlock Brake System incorporates some simple yet effective technology to keep you RZR from moving when stopping on an incline or decline.

First Impression & Installation

The Camlock Brake System arrived quickly with all necessary parts included in the package. There were several small parts included with the kit but luckily each part was clearly marked with a number corresponding to the color illustrated installation instructions. All of the components are made of high quality materials.

A quick read of the installation instructions and I was ready to get busy with the installation on our Project RZR.

The color instructions were extremely easy to follow when installing theCamlock Brake System. After about 40 minutes, the system was installed and ready to adjust and use. The system most likely could be installed quicker, but I was also taking pictures of the installation.

The action of the Camlock Brake System actually utilizes the RZR’s braking capability. By incorporating a cam and pin system, when actuating the brake it simply pushes down on the factory RZR brake pedal. It is such a simple yet ingenious concept I cannot figure out why Polaris failed to incorporate a system similar to this.

Ride Report

After our installation we set out for the Pinnacle Creek Trail head of the Hatfield and McCoy trail system. The mountainous region was a perfect place to test the Camlock Brake System.

At every stop we would pull of the trail and intentionally park on an incline to be able to thoroughly test the Camlock Brake. With out any movement or failure, the Camlock Brake worked flawlessly. When stopping, simply pull the brake lever to engage the brake, and shift the lever into park. On an incline the shift lever now glides effortlessly into gears. Though for safety reasons it isn’t recommended; but we found that we rarely ever needed to move the shift lever at all.

Initially I was afraid the Camlock Brake System would interfere with my legs when driving. There was no interference at all; in fact, you barely know it’s even there once installed.

During an incident where we were winching another RZR from a steep incline, I set the Camlock Brake and forgot to engage the shift lever into park. The RZR did not move at all during the winch recovery process.

Conclusion

I felt that the Camlock Brake System is a must have add-on for the Polaris RZR. Since the vehicle does not come with any sort of emergency brake system, this adds just one more level of safety when parking on inclines.

For more information or to purchase the Camlock Brake System please visit their website.

Web: www.camlockbrake.com

Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm

i still up to ride. but its going to be cold tomorrow. cold2

high of 29 Shocked and snow
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:34 pm

bush wrote:

I know that will not scare you. We have road in much worse.........
Back to top Go down
dixiecop28

dixiecop28

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 3:37 pm

I have the emp parking brake and really like it. it comes in black.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ohiopuddlejumpers.com
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Super atv is comparbele and cheap!
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 8:44 pm

i will prob get the camlock if they have it in stock over at pound
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Sidexside sports sold me my last Camlock cheaper than me buying it direct. I can put them on in about 15 to 20 minutes now. Check shipping costs if you find a deal. Shipping sometimes is the $ catcher.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:08 am

Is EMP the only one that works with the Unisteer power steering?
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:47 am

Big-R wrote:
bush wrote:

Much colder , how about -5. cold2
Ronnie , you remember Brimstone JAN 09 that ride back from the stake house in the Yukon
Me , you and Clay.... affraid I did not know if we were going
to make it back to the hotel. on that sheet of ice..... Shocked
That was the coldest ride i ever been on.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
SSXSRider Member
Clayboy

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:55 am

ChrisC wrote:
Big-R wrote:
bush wrote:

Much colder , how about -5. cold2
Ronnie , you remember Brimstone JAN 09 that ride back from the stake house in the Yukon
Me , you and Clay.... affraid I did not know if we were going
to make it back to the hotel. on that sheet of ice..... Shocked
That was the coldest ride i ever been on.

That ride is funny today but it was not too funny then, I needed more beer! drive cold2
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 7:14 pm

they said at pound that they can no longer get the camlock brake, also the webpage doesnt exist anymore, i guess i will get the utv inc or emp brake.
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:45 pm

The emp will not work with any powersteering
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Actually Heith, their website says it will work with Unisteer.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Well it might but it will not work with factory polars or superstv as far as I know the gearbox is the same. The one I have is a year old maybe they have a new bracket
Back to top Go down
Clevelandemp
Forum Sponsor
Clevelandemp

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:53 am

Here is a new one we are testing now. We sent one to Neuromax (Daryl) to test for us too. Here is a video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4VHmuolTRs&feature=youtu.be

Back to top Go down
http://www.extrememetalproducts.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need advice on park brake for rzr   need advice on park brake for rzr Empty

Back to top Go down

need advice on park brake for rzr
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next