SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?

Go down 
+2
Dean
poolboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
poolboy

poolboy

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-01-20

Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? Empty
PostSubject: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:22 pm

Any body got any feed back on this compared to coal creek? Our group likes the hard stuff that alot don't. i like a good trail with challeges. Any feed back would be helpful on us planing our trip there. Thanks ahead of time!
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 pm

There is stuff down there that i dont think rzrs want go up 4 the trails r marked good u can run the trails good climbs & trails off the main trails when r you coming down let me no i will ride over there & show you around i no it pretty good i found my way over there takes me about 1 hour i will be glad to help any way i can
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:10 am

Evarts is a fun place with many challenges. However, if you are looking for nasty you should think about Brimstone.

My favorite places in order. Brimstone, Windrock then Evarts.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 am

if ya want it rough....Brimstone anything with a (y) on the number.
Back to top Go down
poolboy

poolboy

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:16 am

Favite trails at coal creek are 12-39 there's a few others not really sure the numbers. Been to brimestone twice didnt really get exicted about it all that much that trail that comes down behind the prison in the creek i like it.

Dean, its a 4 hour drive for us was gonna make a 2 or three day trip out of it just wanna make sure its worth it. videos i've seen on you tube are just four wheeler in mud i try to keep my rzr out of mud holes.
Back to top Go down
poolboy

poolboy

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:39 am

Is harlan an evarts the same trail system? We just looking for some thing different we 1.5 out from windrock we go there a lot looking for a different place.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:24 am

poolboy wrote:
Is harlan an evarts the same trail system? We just looking for some thing different we 1.5 out from windrock we go there a lot looking for a different place.

Yes, Evarts is the town that the trail head is in. It is in Harlan county Ky. All the same.

Evarts is cool but it is only 7 or 9 thousand acres. You will repeat trails a lot if you go for three days.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 am

Harlan/Evarts/Black Mtn can be as challanging as you make it. I have rode a few Y trails at Brimstone, didnt think any were too extreme. Its all in what YOU think a challenge or hard trail is.

My group goes to Black Mtn at least twice a year and we never get bored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?   Black mtn in Harlan, Ky? Empty

Back to top Go down

Black mtn in Harlan, Ky?
Page 1 of 1