SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brimstone to Gobey!

Go down 
+9
nocerisdave
MuddyBuddy
Smith700
girdlerrzr
Dan
chipper
stealth
Craig_C
jodyt
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Brimstone to Gobey! Empty
PostSubject: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Awesome day...70 Miles Twisted Evil

Pictures
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Whered Gobey?
Back to top Go down
stealth
SSXSRider Staff
stealth

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Brimstone to Gobey! 862438
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Nice Pics That looks like a cold, nasty hole there.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Ive heard the name Gobey....wheres that at?

I really want to link up with a ride the goes from Brimstone to Windrock or vice versa. Seems like it would be a good ride.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Gobey is near Wartburg (~3 miles North) on the Emory River...
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Dan, still dont know where it is!! I still want to get in on a long long ride one of these days down there.

My group rode around 140 miles in one long damn day at Windrock before. Id still like to ride from Windrock to Brimstone and back one time. Just to do it.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:56 pm

looks like fun
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Dan, still dont know where it is!! I still want to get in on a long long ride one of these days down there.

My group rode around 140 miles in one long damn day at Windrock before. Id still like to ride from Windrock to Brimstone and back one time. Just to do it.

yeah i would like to make that ride too
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Forget windrock to brimstone......do Windrock to Tackett Creek....190 miles.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Smith700 wrote:

That sounds like a camping trip/ride lol
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Smith700 wrote:

Im ready!! Im still after that 200 miles in one day mark!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Craig I think we can run one or two more trails to pass the 200 mile mark!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Let me know and I'll get my crew together...
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 pm

190 miles. Where would you put the extra gas and beer? drunken Seriously that would be fun, just couldn't do a large group.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Sometime this summer Im down. I like going on a ride where a can of gas is required! Lol a good ride to have a Rhino around on!!!

I used to like going with a big group....but anymore, my riding buddies pick and choose who goes to keep the numbers down and the miles up!! And when the miles go up, you quit packing beer and start packing the more powerful stuff!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:27 pm

About 10 machines is all you could do.....and go over EVERYTHING on your ride.

Lol the Rhino bed is worth its weight in gold on a trip like this.... Smiles
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

and a commander.....speaking of, count me in for this!!!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:43 am

perfect10
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:26 am

great Pics Thanks
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:42 am

Craig_C wrote:
Sometime this summer Im down. I like going on a ride where a can of gas is required! Lol a good ride to have a Rhino around on!!!

I used to like going with a big group....but anymore, my riding buddies pick and choose who goes to keep the numbers down and the miles up!! And when the miles go up, you quit packing beer and start packing the more powerful stuff!!!!

https://youtu.be/dLrXjELhHi4
thatsright
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:43 am

Dan wrote:

Dan, if anyone would know you would, you may have ridden this route, But I've been wanting to know trufully how many miles and hours it takes to ride from Royal Blue to Middleboro and back?

I've heard 100 miles there and back and 12 hours time to do it..... scratch
Back to top Go down
70BOSS302

70BOSS302

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:05 pm

Count me in on one of these rides. I just posted in the AL/TN riding section if anyone had any GPS tracks or what not for a coal creek to tackett creek ride, then I saw this.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Hehe... I did Oliver Springs to McLean's Rock (Tackett) and back a couple of summers ago. That trip was 185 miles is one day... about 21 hours worth. We had 11 vehicles, that's five too many. I had figured on trying to maintain 10 MPH, but stops kept getting longer and longer, coupled with a torn boot we had to contend with, time slipped away. As it turns out, the Shell @ Exit 141, I75 was the gas stop... going and coming. Everyone carried extra fuel, just in case.

We kept to trails if possible, but there are no trails in places, so fast roads are necessary. Also, you have to plan for only business/nature stops... no drinking, no smoking, etc. Better yet, the group doesn't stop except at preplanned locations. If you have a nature call, then plan on catching up with the group. Social stopping is a NO-NO... you can't keep a good pace if you have socials along the way.

I did it once... that was enough. If I am ever on another similar ride, I will camp overnight.

Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Stakk wrote:
Dan wrote:

Dan, if anyone would know you would, you may have ridden this route, But I've been wanting to know trufully how many miles and hours it takes to ride from Royal Blue to Middleboro and back?

I've done RRB to Middlesboro and back easily in a day. I don't remember how many miles we did that day, but we did several trails along the way and made it back before dark... it took a little extra fuel. I got rain soaked that day.

Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Dan wrote:
Stakk wrote:
Dan wrote:

I've done RRB to Middlesboro and back easily in a day. I don't remember how many miles we did that day, but we did several trails along the way and made it back before dark... it took a little extra fuel. I got rain soaked that day.

So you do know the route? Is it possible to ride into a gas station in Middleboro and fill up before heading back without getting into trouble?

An ole guy named Papa Smurf used to do the iron butt rides alot and he did that RB to MB and they got caught in a tornado or bad storms one time, not sure who all was with him....... I'd like to this one weekend. if it can be done in a day, just would like to see the trails on that ridgeline behind RB that runs past Tackett all the way to Middlesboro, looks like it would have to be a good ride
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brimstone to Gobey!   Brimstone to Gobey! Empty

Back to top Go down

Brimstone to Gobey!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next