SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just got off the phone with Eaton....

Go down 
+3
roadiestar
Craig_C
MuddyBuddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Just got off the phone with Eaton.... Empty
PostSubject: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:45 pm

They are making a selectable locker for the commander..... should be testing it this summer and look for final stages of it around fall. I can sense fear from the rzr boys already lol!
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:17 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
They are making a selectable locker for the commander..... should be testing it this summer and look for final stages of it around fall. I can sense fear from the rzr boys already lol!

Fear? Naw, we've had all four turning since 2008!
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Craig_C wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

Yes but the setup the RZR has sucks I would much rather have it like the Rhino
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:20 pm

and thats what eaton is talking about, having a limited slip mode then a full lock mode like the rhino/teryx
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:40 pm

that is easy to do on the rzr, all you have to do it put a switch in line the puts 12v on the wire giong to the front diff. instantly locks it in.
Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 pm

roadiestar wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

Yes but the setup the RZR has sucks I would much rather have it like the Rhino

I much more prefer the switch on 4wd over the stop and engage 4wd then diff lock on the Rhino...plus the Rzr diff is much much cheaper to fix than the Rhino.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:26 pm

polaris has the best 4x4 system out now. i use to think that the 4x4 and diff locklike on the yamaha was the best but polaris has them beat. try driving through a rocky trail that has lots of turns with the diff locked on a rhino. the polaris system is a little weaker with the plastic cage in the diff but they seem to have it fix now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 pm

My vote is for the Kawi's setup, you can adjust how hard its locked by how much you pull the lever. The downside to it, like the Rhino, is they are not cheap at all to repair when they do break.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Muddy Buddy hae spent enough on that thing to buy 2 RZRs
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 pm

bush wrote:
polaris has the best 4x4 system out now. i use to think that the 4x4 and diff locklike on the yamaha was the best but polaris has them beat. try driving through a rocky trail that has lots of turns with the diff locked on a rhino. the polaris system is a little weaker with the plastic cage in the diff but they seem to have it fix now.

I'm with you on that!!! Hands-down.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Dean wrote:
Muddy Buddy hae spent enough on that thing to buy 2 RZRs

Haha not yet, that being said ordered my new tires today!
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 pm

What kind are you going with POLARIS Big-Horns roflmao Yahoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got off the phone with Eaton....   Just got off the phone with Eaton.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just got off the phone with Eaton....
Page 1 of 1