SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800

Go down 
+14
MuddyBuddy
Smith700
spud
Craig_C
chipper
zilla
stanthaman
highlander
pit dog
Hollon
Foxfire
ridepate
roadiestar
Stakk
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Stakk wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Allison transmission? really? Lol you just started a whole new fight!
Yea I guess I did, whole new argument....LOL What's funny is dieselpower magazine did a shootout bewteen a few model years back the Allison and Ford's Torqueshift and the Torqueshift won the comparison......they weren't testing the engines in this one just the tranny's......

Fords transmission is pretty dang tough....but it, like the Allison, cant be "built" to do what the Dodge trans can take. The Allison, by design, destroy themselfs when power is cranked up. They cant shift fast enough, thus have "gear bind" and burn out clutches and break other parts......Now.....stock for stock, Allison all the way, then Ford, then Dodge.

I saw an add in diesel power mag I think it's AST? or something like that anyway their color is purple...lol but they will built the Allison, Torqueshift or Dodge auto tranny's to handle like 1000hp and they give a 5 yr. unlimited mileage warranty with it......I'd hate to see what those tranny's cost. hide
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Stakk wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Stakk wrote:
Craig_C wrote:
Allison transmission? really? Lol you just started a whole new fight!
Yea I guess I did, whole new argument....LOL What's funny is dieselpower magazine did a shootout bewteen a few model years back the Allison and Ford's Torqueshift and the Torqueshift won the comparison......they weren't testing the engines in this one just the tranny's......

Fords transmission is pretty dang tough....but it, like the Allison, cant be "built" to do what the Dodge trans can take. The Allison, by design, destroy themselfs when power is cranked up. They cant shift fast enough, thus have "gear bind" and burn out clutches and break other parts......Now.....stock for stock, Allison all the way, then Ford, then Dodge.

I saw an add in diesel power mag I think it's AST? or something like that anyway their color is purple...lol but they will built the Allison, Torqueshift or Dodge auto tranny's to handle like 1000hp and they give a 5 yr. unlimited mileage warranty with it......I'd hate to see what those tranny's cost. hide

All depends on what parts you put in...but 8-10k. I built an auto for my Dodge, Billet input, Billet output, triple disc billet convertor, red alto clutches with Kolene steels, billet shift servos and levers, aftermarket valve body with manual valve body kit (I went from a 6-speed to auto) for WAY less than that. You pay alot extra for the warranty. Most of the power holding capabilities come from the valve body and torque convertor.

Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800   Teryx 4 vs. RZR 800 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:14 pm

From the same guy that raced the RZR 800:::::
The T4 may weigh 1600lbs, and it may only have 8" of travel, but in my view it rides VERY well (thats what all the passengers say too!).
Yeah it may not be the type of suspension you want for racing, but the T4 has more than enough shock to keep you smiling!

Over the last two weekends I've ridden over 50miles of trails with 2 Passengers (3 riders total). I rode everything from smooth trails with whoops, deep off camber washout, Big Steep Rocky climbs & descents, and rocky river beds. No matter what terrain it is the passengers have nothing but nice things to say about the Teryx4.

All my passengers have years of experience with quads so they certainly know what a ruff ride feels like. I also had some Polaris RZR owners ride with me for a couple hours and they had nothing but good things to say "wow and can't believe it rides so smooth" they'd keep saying. & "man these seats are nice!". EVERYONE loves the T4 seats! So far every single person who has taken a ride commented on how comfortable the seats are!

Over my 50 miles of trail riding I bet I looked at my tires more than half a dozen times... because (no joke) it was riding so smooth over the rocks I thought that I might be loosing air due to a tire puncture or something. A few times I asked my friends if the tires were all ok on their side (by the 3rd time they just laughed at me)

Kawasaki has certainly brought a new contender to the table for everyone. With a full load of people you'd be hard pressed to have more fun out on the trails than with a Teryx4! ...Im love'N it!

[url]