SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

XP Recall

Go down 
+9
8ball_99
Rhino Rob
stanthaman
Craig_C
nocerisdave
Hollon
chipper
TBONE21
xp-Ray
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xp-Ray

xp-Ray

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-12-16

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:50 pm

hey guys pulled this from another site. thought I would post it here. in case it affects anyone here.

Some 2012 RANGER RZR XP 4 900 and RZR XP4 900 models may have been manufactured with engine valve springs that may fail. The resulting failure could lead to further engine damage.

Refer to the Repair Procedure for the proper installation of new valve springs. This Service Bulletin only affects a small number of 2012 models built on or between 12/14/2011 and 1/13/2012. Refer to "Unit Inquiry" website to be sure each vehicle is within the specified VIN range for this Service Bulletin.

Affected Models:
2012 R12JT87AB, AD, AS, AW RZR XP 900
2012 R12JT9EAW RZR XP 900 EPS
2012 R12XT87AA RZR XP 4 900
2012 R12XT9EAS RZR EX 4 900 EPS

SOLUTION
Polaris has provided your Polaris dealer with a service procedure to replace the valve springs. This procedure will take approximately 4 hours to perform. The parts and labor cost to perform this update will be paid by Polaris.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Please contact your local Polaris dealer at your earliest convenience to schedule a service appointment to have the valve springs replaced on your RZR. To avoid serious engine damage, please refrain from riding your RZR until this valve spring replacement has been performed.

We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we are committed to quality and building the best vehicles in the world. Although we understand this is an inconvenience, it is important to have the service procedure performed prior to your next use.

While your Polaris ATV dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, if you have any questions your dealer cannot address, you may call our Customer Service Department at 1-888-704-5290.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2011-02-15

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:28 pm

I am going to load my XP up AGAIN tomorrow and take it to the dealer.
I am going to call polaris and tell them I am not happy with them. Out of 3 weeks my XP has sat at the shop for 2 of them.

Pooplaris = JUNK But hey......they are the best.

To date I have owned the Commander for a year and it has sat in the shop for 0 days and 0 failures.
I just had to add that. thatsright
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:29 pm

How many rzr's you say you got? thatsright Just joking but that sucks.
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I had two rzrs and sold my old one the other day.

Yea it stinks. Pooplaris corporate will be getting a call tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:53 pm

how are you the lucky one, I have has zero problems with mine, Hell none of the guys I ride with have any major issues, if you hate them so much then stop buying them and ride the short bus to your hearts content. I dont like Dodge and you know what I do about that?? I dont buy Dodge products and that way I dont have to complain day after day about how crappy they. there is only 2 types of riders...those that ride a RZR or those that envy people who ride RZRs its that simple. you can pick em out because they will be commenting just below this thread.
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Hollon wrote:
how are you the lucky one, I have has zero problems with mine, Hell none of the guys I ride with have any major issues, if you hate them so much then stop buying them and ride the short bus to your hearts content. I dont like Dodge and you know what I do about that?? I dont buy Dodge products and that way I dont have to complain day after day about how crappy they. there is only 2 types of riders...those that ride a RZR or those that envy people who ride RZRs its that simple. you can pick em out because they will be commenting just below this thread.
Haha. Um ok. Either way this machine has issues. I buy machines because I love the sport. Believe me......nobody envys anyone.
What I say above are facts. I'm sorry u don't like the facts. It's the truth. I'm sure there are some out there that do havevsuccess. Either way everyone loves what they buy. Who cares the brand.
And with all due respect.....pooplaris is the brand listed above with problems. Not can am, Kawasaki, Honda, or Yamaha.
Your claiming they are the best. May want to read above. Smiles
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:30 pm

I will add too. If this keeps up I will sell the thing and try something else. I want two machines and that's that.
If you seriously endorse that people should spend 17,000 on a machine....watch it break down all the time......and accept it as awesome and not be upset is wrong. U would be upset if yours was giving trouble.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Eat
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:56 pm

I agree with that bro, I would be upset just like I was when I had the Arctic Cat but nobody wanted to listen to me when I complained and the only out I had was to rid myself of the machine. I bought a XP and havent had any issues with it yet and ride a lot tougher trails than that Cat ever did see. we all ride these things well above what they were built to endure and have the nerve to complain when things break. I actually am surprised when I ride for 3 days in a row and dont break anything and that would be the same if I was riding a Tim Camron buggy, if it can be broke I will find a way to break it. if they tried to build a machine that would take our punishment then about 90% of us couldnt afford to pay for them. and at the end of the day there IS a reason you have only ONE Can Am you very well could have just bought yourself a second Can am but you didnt. you could have bought a Teryx for less money but you didnt. you choose the XP for a reason and I just bet it wasnt because you wanted to prove it was a POS. I truly hope your dealer makes it right for you and you get to enjoy the baddest side by side on the market for years to come. well until Polaris builds something meaner. it took me a while and I didnt want to be a polaris guy but here I am with a smile a mile wide.
Back to top Go down
xp-Ray

xp-Ray

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-12-16

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:10 pm

the only problems I have had with my xp is for some reason it thinks it is half bluetick. damn thing keeps trying to climb trees. roflmao
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Registration date : 2010-06-21

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:27 pm

800 Rzr "S" all the way!!

Hope they take care of you guys!
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-12

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:43 am

I love my rzr but I really like the horsepower of the Xp but I know a guy that has one and I go to our dealer every week his XP has been there torn up more than he has had it at home.He has broke everything there is on it. He just got it out of the shop friday last week and before he topped the mountain at Aetna saturday the damn thing stripped the splines out of the clutch , its back home in the shop today. Makes we wonder if they just have too much power for the parts they put on it.I got another buddy that had two engines replaced because they smoke I think I will stick with my tried and true 800.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:22 am

Thanks for the Heads up allright
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:03 am

Hollon wrote:
I agree with that bro, I would be upset just like I was when I had the Arctic Cat but nobody wanted to listen to me when I complained and the only out I had was to rid myself of the machine. I bought a XP and havent had any issues with it yet and ride a lot tougher trails than that Cat ever did see. we all ride these things well above what they were built to endure and have the nerve to complain when things break. I actually am surprised when I ride for 3 days in a row and dont break anything and that would be the same if I was riding a Tim Camron buggy, if it can be broke I will find a way to break it. if they tried to build a machine that would take our punishment then about 90% of us couldnt afford to pay for them. and at the end of the day there IS a reason you have only ONE Can Am you very well could have just bought yourself a second Can am but you didnt. you could have bought a Teryx for less money but you didnt. you choose the XP for a reason and I just bet it wasnt because you wanted to prove it was a POS. I truly hope your dealer makes it right for you and you get to enjoy the baddest side by side on the market for years to come. well until Polaris builds something meaner. it took me a while and I didnt want to be a polaris guy but here I am with a smile a mile wide.

My reg rzr was on the way out and I wanted that xp before it got gone. My reg rzr finally sold.
All the commanders are basically the same so there was no need for two. Plus I like to try out the new stuff.
This xp is an ok machine. I do like how it handles. Im just pissed it lives in the shop.
With the rumors of can am rolling out its xp killer getting stronger, that is what I will be buying next. Then there will be two can ams in the house. That's the long term plan.
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 am

I got a call this morning. Pooplaris wants it back. Mine is affected.

Great..................... But hey theses are the best.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 am

I'm just glad they had a recall.. Most of the time they don't...

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.. I like my 800 and don't care for the Xps width or suspension.. That said I like the power and much more modern engine. This is the first issue I've really heard about the 2012 Xps. The 11s had everything from bad starters bent axles to catching fire. Which is why I think people are crazy when they buy the first year of anything...
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 am

TBONE21 wrote:
I got a call this morning. Pooplaris wants it back. Mine is affected.

Great..................... But hey theses are the best.

Id be happy that 1, they are admiting and fixing the issue while its a quick fix vs replacing or rebuilding the engine,

And 2, you are getting the "new machine" bugs out before summer!!
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 am

Thats true Craig. I am glad they are taking care of it. It just stinks. Im sure its never fun for anyone or any brand.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:04 am

I will give ya that. you have had more than your share of problems which kinda sucks since you were on the fence to begin with I really do hope they get the thing lined out for ya. and im just as excited as anybody else to see the new Deviled ham (sport version) hope the release it before summer is gone, not that I can possibly buy one but I still wanna see its bad ass.
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 am

TBONE21 wrote:
Thats true Craig. I am glad they are taking care of it. It just stinks. Im sure its never fun for anyone or any brand.

Ive had my share of "new machine" and "stuck at the dealer" blues, mostly with Yamahas. But, when they take care of it, no cost to you, its always good. At least you have the luxury of having two machines in your stable, so you always have a backup unit!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Hollon wrote:
I will give ya that. you have had more than your share of problems which kinda sucks since you were on the fence to begin with I really do hope they get the thing lined out for ya. and im just as excited as anybody else to see the new Deviled ham (sport version) hope the release it before summer is gone, not that I can possibly buy one but I still wanna see its bad ass.

Hell my luck as soon as i get mine the way i like it can am will release it.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:58 am

TBONE21 wrote:
Im sure its never fun for anyone or any brand.
allright
Back to top Go down
TBONE21
SSXSRider Member
TBONE21

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:24 am

Just FYI to the Pooplaris guys here that think they are the best.........

My XP owned for now 30 days. In the shop for 25 of them and counting.

Yep.........they are the best!
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:34 am

They are good for the dealer... my dealer will sell for his cost just so he can do the warranty work...
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Dan wrote:
They are good for the dealer... my dealer will sell for his cost just so he can do the warranty work...

I have known your dealer my WHOLE life Dan and trust me he will NOT sell for his cost on anything.... thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

XP Recall Empty
PostSubject: Re: XP Recall   XP Recall Empty

Back to top Go down

XP Recall
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next