SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oil Change Kit price?

Go down 
+12
Dan
xp-Ray
pitbull8151
8ball_99
ridepate
chipper
bush
stanthaman
Dean
pit dog
yellow660
Craig_C
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Oil Change Kit price? Empty
PostSubject: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:47 pm

So how much are you guys paying for an oil change kit??
Back to top Go down
yellow660

yellow660

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:13 pm

last one i bought was less than $30. Included two quarts of oil and filter.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:25 pm

Got a kit today for sportsmam was almost 35 after tax.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 pm

All i no is they are to high i can change the oil in my truck cheaper
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:25 pm

I bought 4 of them for 9.00 each at a warehouse couldnt pass that up and got a gear oil change kit for 20.00
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:54 pm

around 15 bucks

2 of these

Oil Change Kit price? 0-4010

1 of these

Oil Change Kit price? St731710
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:09 pm

My popo dealer told me that if the motor went down & it didn't have the polaris oil in it they wouldn't warranty it
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:14 am

I thought about runnin mobil 1 Bush because I am a dealer but since I got this popo oil so cheap I think I will run it out first and then go mob1
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:25 pm

bush wrote:
around 15 bucks

2 of these

1 of these

X2
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:57 pm

chipper wrote:
bush wrote:
around 15 bucks

2 of these

1 of these

X2

Copied............10-4
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Its cheaper if you buy the gallon jugs and filters separate vs the kits.. Its around 34 bucks a gallon.. 11 bucks a filter. The kit is 29-35...

I buy my fluids and filters from my dealer.. Sure it cost a couple bucks more. But when something brakes and I want it fixed under warranty he knows me. Like others said I've been told several times, if you have a major failure like the motor or tans they will want to see receipts for your polaris fluids and filters.. So if you have a warranty it might be worth sticking to the polaris stuff.
Back to top Go down
pitbull8151

pitbull8151

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:25 pm

I can get you a good price on oil. I am a AMSOIL Dealer. PM me for info on wholesale cost and products. Not sure I can say than on here....
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:44 pm

I was asking....

I can get super dooper low prices on Lucas oil, and I get some of the best prices in the country on Baldwin filters. Ive been running the Baldwin filter with Po-Po oil...but may change to Lucas 0-40 motorcycle syn. oil. Only downside is you have to buy it in 6 1-quart packages.
Back to top Go down
pitbull8151

pitbull8151

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:55 pm

You can get AMSOIL 1 qt. at a time if you want and they have nanofiber filters...really good filters. Oil is 0w-40.
Back to top Go down
xp-Ray

xp-Ray

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Dean wrote:
My popo dealer told me that if the motor went down & it didn't have the Polaris oil in it they wouldn't warranty it
unless they are supplying the oil and filter changes for the vehicle they can't demand you put a specific oil in it, only suggest.

Also I can't speak for the 800's but the 900's take 3 + a bit Qts of oil to change. there are 2 places to drain it which is a pain in the a$$. one at the sump and another on the bottom of the engine.

Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:38 am

I agree xp-ray but that is what they told me said they had done moter samples on oil to see if it was there oil
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:31 am

Dean wrote:
I agree xp-ray but that is what they told me said they had done moter samples on oil to see if it was there oil

They are full of poo......oil sample test will never show if its their oil. It would show if the oil met the specs of PS-4....we have had oil sampling done on our fleet at work, you would never be able to tell the "brand" of oil
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Thats what i thought they act like there oil is a Big Secret it dont have a weight on it they tell you that shit so you will buy there oil & it works i guess i run the YAMAHA oil in my boys CRF-230 HONDA never had a problem thata what brought this up i got the oil then asked 4 the oil filter they said O-LORD you cant do that
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 4:27 pm

The only way they could tell anything is to have a sample of unused "new" oil that you use and compare the results against a test or Polaris unused oil. Once its been used the addatives get used up, and the results will never show what brand of oil it is. Your dealer is just trying to screw you! I'd find a new place to spend my money.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 pm

Craig_C wrote:
The only way they could tell anything is to have a sample of unused "new" oil that you use and compare the results against a test or Polaris unused oil. Once its been used the addatives get used up, and the results will never show what brand of oil it is. Your dealer is just trying to screw you! I'd find a new place to spend my money.
I don't think that is quite true anymore... they don't even have to test it, just find the microchips floating in the oil... I don't know if they all mark their products, but many do...
Back to top Go down
farmdogg
SSXSRider Member
farmdogg

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Doubt very seriosly they even have their own "recipe" for an oil. Usually manufacturers just run their preferred name brand of oil in a jug with their own name on it. As far as I am concerned you cant beat Mobil 1.

Last edited by farmdogg on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
farmdogg
SSXSRider Member
farmdogg

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:39 pm

I ran across this thread when i was searching to see if anyone had a cross over list to go buy all the stuff you need for a service at wall mart. i see u guys are running 2 quarts of 0w40 Mobil for engine oil and an ST7317 super tech filter (if thats not correct then correct me), but what about the diff oils?
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 pm

farmdogg wrote:
I ran across this thread when i was searching to see if anyone had a cross over list to go buy all the stuff you need for a service at wall mart. i see u guys are running 2 quarts of 0w40 Mobil for engine oil and an ST7317 super tech filter (if thats not correct then correct me), but what about the diff oils?
For the rear diff I just use a good 90 weight rearend oil.
Back to top Go down
tracker1
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 am

Does your guys walmart still carry super-tech filters ours don't
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 am

I have 2 of the premium polaris oil change kits, 2 quarts of ps-4 full synthetic 2-50 oil and the filter fits the rzr and most other polaris except the xp900, both kits 60.00 bucks shipped, let me know if interested.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil Change Kit price?   Oil Change Kit price? Empty

Back to top Go down

Oil Change Kit price?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: The Machines :: Polaris-
Jump to: