SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...

Go down 
+14
pit dog
Big-R
Dan
Craig_C
MuddyBuddy
KY. Colonel
roadiestar
jodyt
bush
2Slow4U
DOG
Gimpy
pitbull8151
SCRIDER
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SCRIDER

SCRIDER

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-02-09

Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... Empty
PostSubject: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 pm

Im torn all to hell about what tires to get. Never ran any of the tires i named but all seem to have good reviews. Anybody put the Rockers to the test? Looks like a good chance of tearing a lug on them. MuddyBuddy seems to like the Radial and MST. All of you seem to have ran the Bighorns. Whats he differencein the regular and 2.0? Need some help fellas, dont know what to get. I mostly trail ride but i dont mind jumping in a moderate hole after "having a few." I'm going to run 27's on a Rhino with maybe 10's front and back? Do i seem undecided? lol! Please help
Back to top Go down
pitbull8151

pitbull8151

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Ditto
I am pulling hair out also. Too many options....... I plan to run stock rims and not really looking for tires to stick out and sling mud in my beer!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:10 pm

Some will agree, others will not. I have been running the same Big Horns for over 2 years. I like them on the different types of riding that I do, including my yard, the road, mud and rocks. No flats yet. NEXT!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
SCRIDER

SCRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Whats the difference in regular and 2.0 Horns?
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:17 pm

look at the itp black water mega mayham tires that mud and guts posted pictures on from the dealer expo those look killer
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:57 pm

The 2.0 Bighorns have thinner sidewalls and shallower tread. They were designed to be lighter weight than the original Bighorns. They're also a bit less expensive. But, IMO they're not nearly as tough nor wear/last as long.

I chose to go with the originals, and haven't regretted it. There's certainly better tires in deep mud, or in really sticky mud (you must spin them to clean them or they'll ball up). But, IMO they're still a great all-around trail tire, and the tire that all the other manufacturers try to imitate...

Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 am

big horns for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:47 am

I have a set of Pitt Bull rockers on my RZR...I wouldn't run another set if they were free!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:33 am

Bighorns are a Flat tire waiting to happen. The sidewalls are thin. I had them and would never get them again. Now i'm using ITP Bajacross tires and they have been good so far. They have 700/miles on them and doing good.
Back to top Go down
2Slow4U
SSXSRider Member
2Slow4U

Number of posts : 1657
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:39 am

Roadie, I think driving style may have something to do with your experience... kinda like the magical disappearing fenders... roflmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.simpletractors.com
roadiestar

roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:57 am

Kent the Bajacross tires no flats in 700 miles
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:15 am

jodyt wrote:
I have a set of Pitt Bull rockers on my RZR...I wouldn't run another set if they were free!

OK you're scarin' me, what's wrong with your rockers? affraid
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:15 am

They are all great but each has their own strong point.
Bighorn 2.0- dont even bother
Original bighorns- probably the best BALANCED tire good on all surfaces
The rockers are just a step better at gripping the messy stuff than the bighorns, also a very good all around tire plus they are thick!
The outlaw MSTs are a very good tire for some extra mudding but still being very trail balanced.
The outlaw radials are a great trail tire, ride alot smoother than you would think and if you still want a good trail tire but have the best trail oriented tire that can still mud, its the radials.

Hope this helped!! Chug
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Ive yet to see anyone have issues with flats on Bighorns.

However, I run GBC's and love them

However, I think my next tire may be the sedonas
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Craig_C wrote:
Ive yet to see anyone have issues with flats on Bighorns.

However, I run GBC's and love them

However, I think my next tire may be the sedonas

I would get a flat every time I went out............................... Right threw the sidewalls, all 4 tires with tubes and plugs in them. 2 nd worst tire I ever had.The very worse was GBC Dirt Tamers those were even worse if that's even possible. I would always carry a spare tire with me and leave 1 extra back at the truck for backup.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:29 pm

The 26-14 BHs are flat city... I know, and I've learned how to patch them. I've had to learn. I am now running patches.

The 12" versions are much better...
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:42 pm

The worst tire Ive ever seen was the old Mud Lights.

Alot of my group used to run Dirt Tamers on Rhinos and Teryxs, we had flats here and there, but for the price I always thought they were a decent tire.

I had around 1400 miles on my Bighorns, and the only flat I ever got was blowing one off the rim in a rut I hit a little fast.

Dan is right on the 14" thing, except I will take that one step more, I wont ever ever run a 14" anything.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:53 pm

I won't go that far... my buddy just bought a set of Maxxis Viprs. They are still 6 ply, but made for the UTV market. They are slightly undersized with respect to BHs, but they look good and have 1 1/8" treads. He said the sidewalls are heavier than BH sidewalls. I watched them go over some rocky terrain and they didn't seem to collapse as much as BHs.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 pm

This question is usually a big debate........

Regular Big Horns are a very tough all around tire. Many on here are very happy with the Big Horn. However, I am not a fan. I like a more aggressive tire. The XTR's are my favorite tire of all but are very prone to side wall punctures. I now run GBC Grim Reapers. I am very satisfied.

If you are looking for a set of tires that will last for a few years then the Big Horns are it. If you want something with some grip........ Get something different Laughing

jodyt wrote:
Jody, explain??? I like to learn from other peoples mistakes.... hide
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:55 pm

X2 see a lot of flat BH. I have P B Growlers love them 1300 miles on them no issues. Very little wear on them Great rim guards,good bite and ride super smooth. I see rockers get a lot of rips and chunks out of the lugs.
Back to top Go down
SCRIDER

SCRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:28 pm

It's looking like the Outlaw Radials the tire for me, thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:43 pm

allright
Back to top Go down
stanthaman

stanthaman

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 am

Big Horns are my vote I personally had'nt had a flat and everybody i ride with has horns and we have never had any problems.Since I said that we will prolly frigg one up next time we ride LOL
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Horns.
Back to top Go down
billybob

billybob

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 am

I have Big Horns and like them but there are a lot of good tires out there.I think the kind of riding you do has a lot to do with it.My horns set my rzr up another 1.5 . Chug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...   Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide... Empty

Back to top Go down

Highlifter Outlaw, Radial, Bighorns, Rockers, just cant decide...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next