SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

08 teryx

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
covey

covey

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-02-22

08 teryx Empty
PostSubject: 08 teryx   08 teryx EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:30 pm

does any one know a good mechanic around knoxville tn? i have an 08 teryx and my carbs often back fire in the air box. it runs fine it just bugs me.
Back to top Go down
Bigmike

Bigmike

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-10-18

08 teryx Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 teryx   08 teryx EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:17 am

I think that is a common thing for the carbed 650/750 kawi Vtwin engines. My wifes 06 brute 650 will do that when idling and barely putting around but once you pick up the throttle to ride normal it clears up and runs perfect. When we first bought it I took it back twice and the never could get the coughing at idle out of it, after some research I found out it was common and we just live with it. If I'm not mistaken I saw somewhere someone had to replace the pilot jets and fixed it, kawi has them too lean. As for good mechanics, not sure if there is any,lol. I usually work on my own stuff.

Noticed you are in Kodak area, I am very close to Kodak, couple miles from Douglas dam road off Ashville hwy. We usually ride royal blue or up in middlesboro,ky. More than welcome to come along anytime.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

08 teryx Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 teryx   08 teryx EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:51 pm

ask smith700 hes a knox guy that knows the area. Just from my experiences there I would say Alcoa good times cycles. They always did right by me. I just wish they were closer to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

08 teryx Empty
PostSubject: Re: 08 teryx   08 teryx Empty

Back to top Go down

08 teryx
Page 1 of 1