SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For you RZR guys.

Go down 
+5
rzrrider1
Baditude
Hollon
KY. Colonel
Joe.USMC
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-01-09

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:48 pm

My good friend with OUTKAST FABWORK is building front and rear A-Arm kits for RZR's and Rangers. The RZR 4 will be adjustable 4-6 inch lift. The front has a top bracket for 3", lower add on for 3" more. Rear has a 2 hole top bracket. Here is his company FB page to see what else he is up to. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002184042333
For you RZR guys. 9
For you RZR guys. 8
For you RZR guys. 7
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 am

Nice work! I'm sure the rzr guy's on here will take notice, we have a lot of them on here. Us Kawboys are a rare breed.
Back to top Go down
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:49 am

KY. Colonel wrote:
Nice work! I'm sure the rzr guy's on here will take notice, we have a lot of them on here. Us Kawboys are a rare breed.

Colonel you are not left out, he is going to start building jigs for us Yamaha and Kawa folks real soon. Check out his FB page, he is a very talented individual. He built the cage extension for my Rhino. I may Just take him my Rhino and see what happens. Everything he does is custom, no top or cage is ever the same.
Back to top Go down
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:02 am

For you RZR guys. 14
For you RZR guys. 13
For you RZR guys. 12
For you RZR guys. 11
Back to top Go down
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:03 am

For you RZR guys. 6
For you RZR guys. 4
For you RZR guys. 3
For you RZR guys. 2
Back to top Go down
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:05 am

I think you guys will agree his work is bad ass!
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:14 am

Very nice work
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Nice work
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-04-05

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Yep, Joe.....I agree, bad ass!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:52 am

very nice. i want a set
Back to top Go down
Joe.USMC

Joe.USMC

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:05 am

Hit him up on Face Book
Back to top Go down
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2011-01-14

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:05 am

Looks great but if that 4 ever flips, the angle of the roll bars will allow that thing to fold like a house of cards. Looks great, wouldn’t trust it structurally.

Same with the ranger. No support to keep it from crushing. Of course, I guess we’ll never know until it happens...lol.

Looks like great work though, I just think he needs to work on the safety design part.

Mark
Back to top Go down
outkast

outkast

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-04-28

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:58 pm

orangecrush wrote:
Looks great but if that 4 ever flips, the angle of the roll bars will allow that thing to fold like a house of cards. Looks great, wouldn’t trust it structurally.

Same with the ranger. No support to keep it from crushing. Of course, I guess we’ll never know until it happens...lol.

Looks like great work though, I just think he needs to work on the safety design part.

Mark

Have you flipped yours? So i guess we will never know how safe yours is either.
The Halo style cage on the red/black ranger is limited to the fact the owner wanted to use the bed for work. My rzr will no doubt endure more than the factory cage, but not to say it will not fail at some piont in a major wreck. If the customer wants a cruiser, thats what i build, if they want a crawler, thats what i build. I am limited with the design they want.
I do not know what others do for r&d on their products other than build stuff that kinda fits the holes, but we punish our suspension parts on fast trails, whoops, jumps, off camber climbs, and of coarse thick MUD to be sure you get not only a great looking product, but a reliable one
Back to top Go down
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:38 am

outkast wrote:
orangecrush wrote:

Mark

Have you flipped yours? So i guess we will never know how safe yours is either.

Nope, never flipped mine and yes, you’re right, we’ll never know. I just know from building some cages, bars should have support from the opposite direction to counteract the ability to fold. It’s like building trusses and bridges as an engineer. Directional forces always need something to push against.

Anyway, didn’t mean to insult your build, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that cage is a SHIETLOAD stronger than any factory cage. So again, no disrespect meant..... and I also never meant to insinuate my cage was better or more safe.

Mark
Back to top Go down
outkast

outkast

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 pm

actually the rzr cage has lots of gussets in the top that are not visable. I did not take offence, just explaining what my limits are. I have been in steel construction for a long time dealing with engineered structures and am working with one to help design some actual ROPS.
Back to top Go down
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 pm

outkast wrote:
actually the rzr cage has lots of gussets in the top that are not visable. I did not take offence, just explaining what my limits are. I have been in steel construction for a long time dealing with engineered structures and am working with one to help design some actual ROPS.

That’s cool.... Like I said, regardless, your cage is definitely better than the stock cage. On a different subject, are the control arms your design? They look really good.

Mark
Back to top Go down
outkast

outkast

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am

all the arms and lift brackets are designed in house. I have a pile of mock up pieces in the shop that got me to the final version of all our parts. Some ppl have claimed i copied others lift plates..... it might look similar in a way, but it will only work with my a arms.
Back to top Go down
orangecrush
SSXSRider Staff
orangecrush

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 am

outkast wrote:
all the arms and lift brackets are designed in house. I have a pile of mock up pieces in the shop that got me to the final version of all our parts. Some ppl have claimed i copied others lift plates..... it might look similar in a way, but it will only work with my a arms.

I hate when people say that someone "copied" their design. I mean, seriously, how many different design configurations can you make for a control arm??? Of course they're going to look similar, they have the same function. I'm glad Henry Ford isn't alive, he'd sue all the car manufacturers for designing a car that looked like his car.

Morons...

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For you RZR guys. Empty
PostSubject: Re: For you RZR guys.   For you RZR guys. Empty

Back to top Go down

For you RZR guys.
Page 1 of 1