SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio

Go down 
+13
njcraddock
Reeko
bonzo
chipper
DoddS
hobbz
BigMotts
bush
Beersnob
baby huey
Just sayn
The Reaper
KyMedic
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-04-09

Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio Empty
PostSubject: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 am

I have some Kenwood UHF Radios for sale. These are 300+ channels scanning radios. They are 25 watts and come programmed to the 22 standard GMRS/FRS frequencies that are used by all the hand held family talk radios. These are great for keeping in touch with other riders. If you have used the small hand held radios you know the range on those just dont cut it in the hills. The range on these are great, I would say minimal range is 5 miles and I have talked over 10 miles while out on the trails. Included in the sale is the Radio/Mic/and 1/4 wave UHF NMO antenna. I drilled my cooter brown top and installed this way. The antenna is a new kind that requires no soldering of the end. Just mount the antenna and screw the end onto the cable. All you need to install is a bracket for where ever you would like to mount it and some screws. I mounted mine directly to my roof to keep it out of the water and weather. Price is $165 shipped anywhere in lower 48. $125 for radio and mic with no antenna..... You can PM me here or text my cell at six zero six 233 27fivefive. Sorry about the number but trying to keep spam bots from getting my cell number. I work night shift so texting is the best way to contact me. I accept paypal and of course cash.

Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio Th_IMAG0611

Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio Th_IMAG0614-1
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:51 am

Still have 4 of these available.
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 4:09 am

i txted ya
Back to top Go down
Just sayn
SSXSRider Member
Just sayn

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 am

Are these new or used
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:19 am

These are used. New Kenwood uhf radios similar to these would run $500-$700.
Back to top Go down
baby huey

baby huey

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:59 am

HE'S THE GUY I GOT MY RADIO FROM JIMMY
Back to top Go down
Beersnob

Beersnob

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:56 am

Stupid question as I know jack about radios, but will these talk with regular CB radios?
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Beersnob wrote:
Stupid question as I know jack about radios, but will these talk with regular CB radios?

no

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Bush is correct. These will not talk to a CB radio.
Back to top Go down
BigMotts
Forum Sponsor
BigMotts

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:01 pm

can these be hooked up to a rugged intercom ? will they work together ? or will I need other parts ?
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm not sure about the rugged setup. I have never seen one.
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 6:32 pm

rugged uses vertex radios. the cable going from the intercom to the radio would be different. You would have to find the pinouts of both and make you a cable
Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Got some more of these available. Same price. $125 for the radio and mic, $165 including 1/4 wave antenna. All prices shipped anywhere in the lower 48. I can give a better price on larger orders. PM me or text for price quote on larger quantities.
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:55 am

Bump, got 8 more of these ready to go.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:52 pm

We've bought five from KyMedic and sent some more guys to him for theres. I realy like the compact size and they talk great. After having a radio's I wonder why we didnt do it long ago. allright
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptySun May 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks Dodds, they do make the ride much more enjoyable. It's good to be able to stop everyone or just some good old ribbing. We used them at Black mountain and cold talk anywhere on the park. Even talked from Evarts to Putney with a mountain in between us.
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:01 am

medic i was wondering about how good they talked... i was going to get one off of you from the ride but never crossed the path... thats really good to talk that far apart
Back to top Go down
chipper
SSXSRider Member
chipper

Number of posts : 1035
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:37 am

The Reaper wrote:
medic i was wondering about how good they talked... i was going to get one off of you from the ride but never crossed the path... thats really good to talk that far apart

They are great radios, sound good and transmit out good. They are great in a group if others have them.
Back to top Go down
bonzo
SSXSRider Member
bonzo

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:58 pm

These radios r awsome. allright
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:00 am

chipper wrote:
The Reaper wrote:

They are great radios, sound good and transmit out good. They are great in a group if others have them.

i am def going to get one if me and medic could ever cross paths
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Hey Red, your radio went into the mail today. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Reeko
SSXSRider Member
Reeko

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2012-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:55 pm

I am kind of new to SXS but what is more popular out there the FRS or old style CB? I have both FRS handhelds as well as CB in the Jeep and Tow Rig but found I need to have a way to communicate while in the RZR. I really don't like using the handheld FRS so was thinking about this option.
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:30 pm

I guess the question to ask is what the majority of y'all in the club use for radios and if these are compatible. Second question is for medic. Are you planning on coming on the ride in Brimstone next month?
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:37 pm

I would say 85% use the Frs. I have seen a couple of CB radios used. I think the reason why the Frs are much more popular is the range is much better due to the higher wattage and also that these will talk to the frs family radios. No, I won't be making any long trips. I would love to ride Brimstone but probably won't happen until next year.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 3:09 am

Dumb question... are these compatible with the radios that Mason sells. That is the unit most of the ssxsr's are using. It sounds like they are but one would be useless to me if it didn't have the same channels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio   Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenwood 2 way UHF Radio
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next