SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theshane_79

theshane_79

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-12-17

fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close? Empty
PostSubject: fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close?   fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:01 am

Fish Pond Lake is a beautiful man made lake in the hills of Letcher County. Two miles of shoreline provide majestic views for both fisherman and walkers alike. Fish Pond Lake is located about 2 miles southwest of Jenkins off US 119. Facilities include a launching ramp, boat dock, 3 picnic shelter areas, primitive camp grounds and soon to be RV park and ATV trailhead.

we just went but it was raining the whole day. we rode about 10 miles. not alot of trails and none were marked. trails were groomed well and graded well also. i would recomend this place because of the facilities. camping fishing bathhouse. paved road. i am going back real soon to check out the rest of the trails. i will let u know. anyone else been here or have an opinion?
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

PostSubject: Re: fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close?   fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:02 am

also i forgot the best part. its free!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
KyMedic
SSXSRider Member
KyMedic

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close?   fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:41 pm

I used to hang out there a lot a few years ago when I worked EMS in Letcher County. We had lots of down time so we would grab lunch and go to Fish Pond and eat and fish. I did not know they had atv trails.
Back to top Go down
theshane_79

theshane_79

PostSubject: Re: fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close?   fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:27 am

I belive the trails are new. They mostly sre fresh cut trails. Just wide enough for s rzr. There are some supper step hill climbs that look impossible to me but someone. Has been up them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close?   fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close? Empty

Back to top Go down

fish pond lake, i never knew it was so close?
Page 1 of 1