SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first impression of the Wild Cat

Go down 
+10
Rhino Rob
blu-knight
Foxfire
CatMostFeared
Hollon
DOG
Goose
jodyt
PWM
Big-R
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

My first impression of the Wild Cat Empty
PostSubject: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Well I finally got the chance to drive a Wild Cat. It was a very short test drive but I was very impressed.

It seemed to be built well. The transmission shift so smooth I had to look to make sure I was in the right gear. It had plenty of power. Steering was tight. Also, this thing has a lower center of gravity then the RZR.

The Cat was not out with us long. The owner had some other things to do and could not stay for the whole ride. However, I did get to watch it climb some hills and crawl on some rocks. This thing is every bit as capable as the RZR. I was very impressed.

The only problem I see is the dealer support. Arctic Cat is going to have to get their dealers out of Lawn Mower shops and Bass Pro. Then you will start see more of the Wild Cat.

My first impression of the Wild Cat Slade5-18-12015
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:30 am

That is the main reason I got away from Arctic Cat. There is no dealer in Knoxville area anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:44 am

PWM wrote:
That is the main reason I got away from Arctic Cat. There is no dealer in Knoxville area anymore.

I am hoping that will change with this new machine. It should be a hot item. But you have to have a place to buy it from.
Back to top Go down
jodyt
SSXSRider Member
jodyt

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:20 pm

We have a Cat dealer...but this idiot says he don't want any. I just hope the quality is better than their previous ventures...the concept is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:27 pm

jodyt wrote:
We have a Cat dealer...but this idiot says he don't want any. I just hope the quality is better than their previous ventures...the concept is AWESOME!

It seemed to be well made. Now only time will tell but man it is a cool machine. I would really love to test drive one for a day.
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:13 pm

I have aa dealer near me and he doesn't want one either. I'm sure he would order one to sell but none on the floor. Sad No
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Arctic cat charges the dealers so much just to be a wildcat dealers i am talking thousands just to be a wildcat dealer plus the cost of the machines
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Dog you have a great arctic cat dealer in Dalton, Tammy Kirk At Kirk cycle will take good care of ya and knows those buggies inside out.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:45 pm

DOG wrote:
Arctic cat charges the dealers so much just to be a wildcat dealers i am talking thousands just to be a wildcat dealer plus the cost of the machines

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard! What the hell is wrong with Cat. Do they want to sell Machines or not scratch

If that is going to be their approach then good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Im impressed
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:37 am

I will address the "Arctic Cat charges the dealer" hoaks tomorrow when I have a few minutes.

I have a pretty nice offer on the table right now to buy my company. If I decide to sell, I am thinking about opening up a Cat store here in south east Wisconsin then there will be 3 great Cat store's that I know of.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:04 am

Foxfire wrote:
I will address the "Arctic Cat charges the dealer" hoaks tomorrow when I have a few minutes.

I have a pretty nice offer on the table right now to buy my company. If I decide to sell, I am thinking about opening up a Cat store here in south east Wisconsin then there will be 3 great Cat store's that I know of.

Cool Fox! Go for it buddy!
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyTue May 22, 2012 7:36 am

I have heard of a Fox in the hen house,but never even thought of a Fox in a cat house!! But I like the idea!
Back to top Go down
blu-knight
SSXSRider Member
blu-knight

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:54 am

Hollon wrote:
I have heard of a Fox in the hen house,but never even thought of a Fox in a cat house!! But I like the idea!

roflmao roflmao
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyTue May 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Member discounts I hope
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:32 am

Hell if I had to count on this group for sales I wouldn't make a cent.....maybe Goose would be a customer...he has a cat.
But, ya....SSXSR discounts.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:12 pm

going to sell rhinos ?? Razz
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:46 am

I have what looks like a decent AC dealer close to my house, they do performance boats etc.. as well.

Only thing that bothers me is they charge $600 over MSRP

Most accessories like the fender flares and hard plastic roof are not available yet.

Know issue with paint peeling, based upon what I have read some willl warranty some won't
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Baditude wrote:
I have what looks like a decent AC dealer close to my house, they do performance boats etc.. as well.

Only thing that bothers me is they charge $600 over MSRP

Most accessories like the fender flares and hard plastic roof are not available yet.

Know issue with paint peeling, based upon what I have read some willl warranty some won't

All should! This Cat had the same issue and he was getting new plastics.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:29 am

EMP is coming out with some new accessories soon for the Wildcat.
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:50 am

I asked AC about the paint issue when they brought them down for the Fall Jam at WR last year and they never would offer an answer. My 06 700 had the same issue and they replaced the plastic once but would not warranty the second time.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
RedNeckRanger
SSXSRider Member
RedNeckRanger

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:31 pm

i rode with one at pickett a couple months ago .nice machine but he had alot of trouble ....he is wider and longer than the xp ..he was backing up alot .
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:50 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
EMP is coming out with some new accessories soon for the Wildcat.

I wouldn't put a EMP poo part on anything even if it was given to me. thatsright
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:53 pm

thought they were the same width as the XP stock, about 1 foot longer. If anything that would help, just watch Bonzo go up stuff in his 4 seater and make it look too easy.

Only other issue besides paint peeling (if it peels once it will peel again that 1 shot warranty for paint is BS) is you still can't get the fender flares or roof yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first impression of the Wild Cat   My first impression of the Wild Cat Empty

Back to top Go down

My first impression of the Wild Cat
Page 1 of 1