SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First oil change?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: First oil change?   First oil change? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:02 am

I am going to go ahead and put the Rhino thru its first oil change. I just wanted to get your opinions about what type of oil to use. I use AMSOIL in the King, but I don't think I can get a kit for the Rhino here fast enough before I leave. What would be a good second choice?? Yamalube? How many quarts will it take? I want to do it tomorrow before I head back to Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296
Registration date : 2008-01-22

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First oil change?   First oil change? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:19 am

Id go ahead and use the yamalube , I run syn amsoil in my harley and other stuff but always wait till the 3rd or 4th change to switch over so the rings have a good chance to seat. They will seat with the syn oil but it takes 3to4 times the running time to do it. your owners manual should give you the number of qts needed.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First oil change?   First oil change? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:52 am

Well, I just did the first change on my King. It has about 300 miles, and I rode it hard from day one. I just put AMSOIL in it this time cause if it has not gotten hot enough by now it never will. I was going to do the oil in the Rhino just cause I know there will be lots of short runs in the yard while I am gone. I just want to make sure it gets the right treatment since it is brand new. I have about 160 miles on it right now, and we did not baby it. I got the motor thru the rpm range during the first few rides. I have read that its the best way to break them in.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
SSXSRider Member
GunRunner

Number of posts : 5296

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First oil change?   First oil change? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 11:07 am

run em hard is what I do, it wont hurt it to use syn oil now.
Back to top Go down
http://southernrzrriders.com
rubicon05

rubicon05

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2008-01-31

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First oil change?   First oil change? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:45 pm

it's almost takes 3 quarts.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First oil change?   First oil change? EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 10:40 pm

Changed the oil.........much easier than I figured. I love this thing. I cant wait to install the new fender flares tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
tommy20/69

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-06-30

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First oil change?   First oil change? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 9:40 pm

[b] so it's ok to use synthetic oil in the rhino's?? i'm just wondering i use it in my hpx and i wanted to put it in my rhino too but i wanna make sure it won't mess with anything
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First oil change?   First oil change? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 9:46 pm

tommy20/69 wrote:
[b] so it's ok to use synthetic oil in the rhino's?? i'm just wondering i use it in my hpx and i wanted to put it in my rhino too but i wanna make sure it won't mess with anything

Yes, it's Ok to use synthetic. Most believe that you should wait for the second oil change so your rings seat well with Regular oil first. Just make sure you use synthetic 4 cycle motorcycle oil, or a good synthetic like Amsoil, Royal Purple, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First oil change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: First oil change?   First oil change? Empty

Back to top Go down

First oil change?
Page 1 of 1