SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...

Go down 
+5
bush
Big-R
Hollon
njcraddock
Woodtick
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... Empty
PostSubject: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:30 pm

Twice my 450 Rhino has stopped running. Just stopped. Acts fuel starved. First time I put on a new fuel pump and all was well till yesterday. It did it again. My buddy has a 450 also and his did this same thing last fall. We couldn't find a damn thing wrong with it really and tried everything. Ended up just refilling all the fuel lines and it fired right up. Seems for some reason it just stopped picking up fuel. His happened on a steep downhill and we blamed fuel pickup in tank was fuel staved due to the steepness of the grade. Yesterday mine was sitting still at idle on level ground and just stopped. What is causing these dang things to loose prime in the fuel lines and systems? Help guys. Thanks...
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 pm

The stock fuel pumps in the 660 and 450 Rhinos are pure junk. If you don't have a vacuum leak or a plugged pickup then the problem is the pump itself. They have a very thin rubber diaphragm inside that is very susceptible to pinhole leaks and the effects of ethanol tainted gasoline. Yes, ethanol tainted. That crap is no good for rubber components. The simple answer is to replace the pump with either an aftermarket one from Weller Racing or an electric one from Black Rhino. You won't have any more problems.
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 pm

check the vent line/hole in your gas tank/cap sounds like vapor lock.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Hollon wrote:
check the vent line/hole in your gas tank/cap sounds like vapor lock.

Yeah, I would do the above first; then, if it continues you'll have to fall back on Nathan's post.....
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:29 am

my uncle's 660 would die after it would get hot. fire right up after it cooled down. after a ton of new parts it ended up being the RECTIFIER/REGULATOR.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Foxfire
SSXSRider Member
Foxfire

Number of posts : 6060
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:56 am

Woody, have you checked the pick up line.....people were finding drill shavings that were left in the tank when it was mfg'ed....shavings are white plastic and would plug up the suction line.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Phil I know it's a sorta bandaid. I've seen people put outboard primer-bulbs on the pickup line. It think it has a lot to do with the hot-weather. The fuel vaporizes. When the ambient temp out side is in the 90's just think how hot it is under that cover......Whew...
Back to top Go down
stoneman
SSXSRider Member
stoneman

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Make sure the plastic t that screws into the top of tank is sealed properly, I had a problem with that and vapor lock and fuel filters
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member
Woodtick

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Today I took the advise of the board and ordered the Weller Racing fuel pump kit for my 450 Rhino. After watching the video on their website it looks a lot like a real kick ass system. I really like the clear fuel lines so one can tell at a glance what is or isn't happening. Should be here the first of next week. AZ. is a long ass way from West By God!

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Thats what I was running on mine, it worked like a dream!!
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 pm

I am still running the Black Rhino electric pump on my 660. Since installing it I have not had any more fuel issues. The one drawback is that it makes a helluva racket when the pump is dry. But it's not like you can hear yourself think in a Rhino anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...   I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board... Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help from the Giant Brain that is this board...
Page 1 of 1