SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!

Go down 
+21
PWM
jhoncho4x4
Dan
KY. Colonel
MuddyBuddy
brownboy
STR8RZR
wvyankee2
Foxfire
nocerisdave
Big-R
jodyt
CatMostFeared
southernkyrzr4
BigAlCash
chipper
AIRBORNE
Baditude
seweljj
Hollon
RedRzr
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:32 am

jhoncho4x4 wrote:
Meeting with Carl at Sunnybrook Labor day weekend Sept. 1 at 9 am to discuss the Picket lease.
More info on the Cumberland mudders forum. I can't post a link for 7 days, new member.

add http to the front of this

://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/t6709-pickett-ride-sept-1-9am-central-time

I will be there. This is very important.
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:48 am

Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:49 am

For some reason I can not open a PDF file with this computer. Can someone look up K.R.S. 411.190 and post it in this thread?
Back to top Go down
muddy-one
SSXSRider Member
muddy-one

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:36 am

411.190 Obligations of owner to persons using land for recreation.
(1) As used in this section:
(a) "Land" means land, roads, water, watercourses, private ways and buildings, structures, and machinery or equipment when attached to the realty;
(b) "Owner" means the possessor of a fee, reversionary, or easement interest, a tenant, lessee, occupant, or person in control of the premises;
(c) "Recreational purpose" includes, but is not limited to, any of the following, or any combination thereof: hunting, fishing, swimming, boating, camping, picnicking, hiking, bicycling, horseback riding, pleasure driving, nature study, water-skiing, winter sports, and viewing or enjoying historical, archaeological, scenic, or scientific sites; and
(d) "Charge" means the admission price or fee asked in return for invitation or permission to enter or go upon the land but does not include fees for general use permits issued by a government agency for access to public lands if the permits are valid for a period of not less than thirty (30) days.
(2) The purpose of this section is to encourage owners of land to make land and water areas available to the public for recreational purposes by limiting their liability toward persons entering thereon for such purposes.
(3) Except as specifically recognized by or provided in subsection (6) of this section, an owner of land owes no duty of care to keep the premises safe for entry or use by others for recreational purposes, or to give any warning of a dangerous condition, use, structure, or activity on the premises to persons entering for such purposes.
(4) Except as specifically recognized by or provided in subsection (6) of this section, an owner of land who either directly or indirectly invites or permits without charge any person to use the property for recreation purposes does not thereby:
(a) Extend any assurance that the premises are safe for any purpose;
(b) Confer upon the person the legal status of an invitee or licensee to whom a duty of care is owed; or
(c) Assume responsibility for or incur liability for any injury to person or property caused by an act or omission of those persons.
(5) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the provisions of subsections (3) and (4) of this section shall be deemed applicable to the duties and liability of an owner of land leased to the state or any subdivision thereof for recreational purposes.
(6) Nothing in this section limits in any way any liability which otherwise exists:
(a) For willful or malicious failure to guard or warn against a dangerous condition, use, structure, or activity; or
(b) For injury suffered in any case where the owner of land charges the person or persons who enter or go on the land for the recreational use thereof, except that in the case of land leased to the state or a subdivision thereof, any consideration received by the owner for the lease shall not be deemed a charge within the meaning of this section.
(7) Nothing in this section shall be construed to:(a) Create a duty of care or ground of liability for injury to persons or property;
(b) Relieve any person using the land of another for recreational purposes from
any obligation which he may have in the absence of this section to exercise
care in his use of the land and in his activities thereon, or from the legal
consequences of failure to employ such care; or
(c) Ripen into a claim for adverse possession, absent a claim of title or legal right.
(8 ) No action for the recovery of real property, including establishment of prescriptive
easement, right-of-way, or adverse possession, may be brought by any person whose
claim is based on use solely for recreational purposes.
Effective: July 15, 2002
Back to top Go down
Craig_C

Craig_C

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 am

Wow, I might have to make a trip down there. I love the place and have only been twice!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Dam, I will be racing at brimstone that weekend at the round up. Ronnie this is the only time I will say this but speak on my behalf at this thing I dont wanna lose Pickett!!! I love that place!
Back to top Go down
stoneman
SSXSRider Member
stoneman

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 pm

let me know how I can help I'm interested
Back to top Go down
encoreman
SSXSRider Member
encoreman

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-08-18

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey guys count me in, I will be a Pickett county home owner within a few weeks. Don't know if my ole mule can climb them hills, but don't want to lose any place to ride. Will be a member soon. Mac
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:56 pm

The ride got cancelled but I will be there anyways to ride. You are welcome to ride with us. We plan on hitting the trail about noon from Sunnybrook.
http://tnriders.forumotion.com/t1212-pickett-riding-area

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!   If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you enjoy riding Pickett Please read this !!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2