SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New GoPro gadget

Go down 
+2
MuddyBuddy
RZR_Joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 pm

I went to Best Buy to get another charger for my phone. As I was walking past the GoPro display looked what jumped off the shelf and into hand. Gang, gotta hate it when gadgets make you buy them.

New GoPro gadget 2012-010

While I'm adding this I'll fix the case so no more squeeky videos lol!
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:00 pm

its awesome, make sure to play around with it for a lil while before you take it on a ride.!!
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:18 pm

in your own words and i read the reviews lol! tell me how it works, how is it going to improve your use of the go pro.... I understand regular talk better than a salesman. thatsright

I understand with the bac pac or is it the wi fi, i will be able to turn on the camera, adjust for video or pictures? while being up to 600 feet away??
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Muddy - you have one? if so thoughts on it...

I'll mess with the is weekend to figure it out. GoPros stuff has been known to be kirky Shocked I'll try it out at the Evarts ride and see how it does. Aslo going to try hardwire a power connection so I don't have to worry about the dang battery dying in a hour beat
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I do, I am up to 6 go pros now and just got the wifi back for it. The software for it is not caught up yet but when it does this is a game changer. I will be able to place them then link them to my computer and remotely control them all through the same interface on my mac. The sad part is I have been so busy with work and now I have finally got a few days off I have been in the garage working on the canned hamster non stop but I will play with the wifi backpack some more tonight and fill you in!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:30 pm

OK - First impressions: Note: I have the older gopro hero not the hero2.

Got time this morning to mess with the remote. Charged the gopro, wifi receiver, & remote in preperation for setup. The instuctions are lacking to say the least. Update the camera firmware per instuctions (downloaded from gopro.com). Followed the instruction that came with the wifi...mistake number one LOL. After messing with it for a hour went to the support site and checked the instuctions there. Oh...the supplied instructions left out part about updating the firmware on the wifi backpack & remote. Anyway, was a little frustrating but was able to get everything updated, synced, and working.

The first problem I've experienced with the gopro is that it is difficult to access when you straped in the harness. Secondly, the battery does not last long enough to video a complete ride. This two issues made it so I had to pick and choose when to video and I ended up missing the good stuff.

Resolution:

Mount the remote on the dash so start/stop will be accessable. Hardwire power to the gopro from the ignition. Quick trip Radio Shack and I found a 12v car mini usb charger that I will hack up for the power connection. Also picked up a 32gb sd card that should allow up to 9hr of video.

New GoPro gadget Wifi10

New GoPro gadget Charge10

Back to tinkering now...

Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:34 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
I do, I am up to 6 go pros now and just got the wifi back for it. The software for it is not caught up yet but when it does this is a game changer. I will be able to place them then link them to my computer and remotely control them all through the same interface on my mac. The sad part is I have been so busy with work and now I have finally got a few days off I have been in the garage working on the canned hamster non stop but I will play with the wifi backpack some more tonight and fill you in!

I have not used thier software yet, been using freemake. I just donwloaed thier cineform studio to update the wifi. The wifi app and wifi streaming look like it will cool when the release the updates.

Tinkering on stuff today if I can keep the wife out of man's world Grrrrr....
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:18 am

Finshed up the gopro power / wifi install.

Charger dissassembled:
New GoPro gadget Charge11

Soldered wires in place of cig adpater terminals:
New GoPro gadget Hacked10

Charger board coated in plastic dip to waterproof it. The board has a small blue status LED which I left exposed.
New GoPro gadget Charge12

Charger installed and wired ti fused ignition circuit.
New GoPro gadget Charge13

GoPro camera with housing notched for external USB cable.
New GoPro gadget Camera10

Wifi remote moiunted on dash via velcro.
New GoPro gadget Wifi_r10

Seems to work well while testing it in the garage. Allows charging while recording and should allow up to 9 hours of video using a 32gb card. Wifi remote works well, the display mimics the cameras display. The wifi backpack needs to be powered on all the time for the remote to work. The remote allows the start/stop of video, camera power on/off, and camera mode changes. Only kirky thing I have found so far is the remote needs to be powered up and connceted to the wifi backpack prior to energizing the charger (ignition). If you turn on the remote after power is applied it will not connect to the baclpack. Solution is to leave the remote powered up and everything works well.

Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:31 am

Update - worked great this past weekend at Evarts. I got hours and hours of video to sort through. The camera stayed powered up all day and never ran down. However, the wireless remote does not last as long as the camera now Rolling Eyes so gonna have to do something about that.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:19 am

can i get a WTF amen

New GoPro gadget Charge13
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:33 am

bad ass joe .... you everthing on it now lol!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 am

CatMostFeared wrote:
can i get a WTF amen

New GoPro gadget Visio-10

OK, so I go a little over board sometimes on stuff thatsright
Back to top Go down
mason
SSXSRider Member
mason

Number of posts : 2247
Registration date : 2009-04-07

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 am

alot of stuff in one hole but looks great thatsright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New GoPro gadget Empty
PostSubject: Re: New GoPro gadget   New GoPro gadget Empty

Back to top Go down

New GoPro gadget
Page 1 of 1