SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I might be getting a new(er) tractor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

I might be getting a new(er) tractor Empty
PostSubject: I might be getting a new(er) tractor   I might be getting a new(er) tractor EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:19 am

I got a call from my neighbor the other day. He knows a lady whose father passed away and she's having to sell some stuff to pay the backtaxes. Evidently the old man had accumulated a lot of land and equipment but had very little cash when he died. Anyway, she sold him a Ford 6610 80hp tractor with a 10' Bush Hog for $5k and he's doing another $2500 worth of work for her. But she also is selling a little John Deere 650 4wd with a front end loader and a 60" finish mower (around 2000 hrs). She's asking $3k which I think is a very good price. The only concern I have is that model does not have power steering. I don't think it's too big of a deal because the bucket capacity is only 500# at full lift and that's not a huge amount of weight on the front end. Do any of y'all have any experience with these compact tractors? And is there anything besides the obvious that I should look for? I am aware of the reputation that the Yanmars have for durability but is there a weak link somewhere?
Back to top Go down

I might be getting a new(er) tractor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Other BS-
Jump to: