SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RZR S sloppy frontend

Go down 
+5
Gimpy
roadiestar
Big-R
bush
erj driver
9 posters
AuthorMessage
erj driver

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-06

RZR S sloppy frontend Empty
PostSubject: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Im hoping some of you can help me with a problem. On my last few rides I notices the front end on my 11' RZR S LE seemed sloppy. After jacking up the frontend, I found the upper and lower control arms had the afore mentioned slop! Any suggestions on replacement parts and how to keep this from happening again would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:47 pm

bushings. lots of into on the site. do a search. lots of people like super daves bushings.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:42 pm

RZR's eat arm bushings, ball joints and tie-rod ends. Just get use to it because you will be changing them a lot.
Back to top Go down
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Big-R wrote:
RZR's eat arm bushings, ball joints and tie-rod ends. Just get use to it because you will be changing them a lot.

No shit
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Super Daves is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
theshane_79

theshane_79

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 am

how do i check these bushings? do i jack it up and wiggle the wheel, like when checking wheel bearings on my truck?
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:40 am

Right. Jack the machine up, Wiggle the wheels then just find the play. Bushings and ball joints wear out pretty fast.. As in 500-1200 miles.. Bearings last 2 to 3 times longer. Also if you don't keep an eye on them pretty good One loose part will take all the other stuff with it. Thats why some people have a lot of trouble.. They will have a bad ball joint or bushing not know it then next thing you know they need to replace everything on that side.. I've done it myself..
Back to top Go down
ktpguy
SSXSRider Member
ktpguy

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:53 pm

I have super daves A arm bushing in mine. After this ride i putting it in the shop for new ball joints and probably some new wheel bearing. I have 1200 miles on mine
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Most of the play will be on the inside of the A-Arms where they mount to the frame, if they are worn.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
roadiestar

roadiestar

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 pm

If you have more then 200 miles on it they are worn. I have 1700 miles on mine and I lost count after the 5th time replacing the bushings.
After every 2 or 3 times you have to replace the sleaves also.
These Polaris's were not made to last and they know they have us buy the balls. thatsright
Back to top Go down
erj driver

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Thanks for all the help guys!
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:16 pm

roadiestar wrote:
If you have more then 200 miles on it they are worn. I have 1700 miles on mine and I lost count after the 5th time replacing the bushings.
After every 2 or 3 times you have to replace the sleaves also.
These Polaris's were not made to last and they know they have us buy the balls. thatsright

Well, I have seen your videos and yours probably last haft as long as mine do and I am rough on stuff..... lol!
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:51 am

Check your bushing bolts for wear.....The bushings will wear a lot faster if they show wear.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 pm

If your not on top of replacing worn a arm bushings, the mountig tabs will soon begin to "egg" and you will have more slop. Spot welding the a-arm nut to the tab helps out a lot but Step washers are the way to go.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR S sloppy frontend   RZR S sloppy frontend Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR S sloppy frontend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: General :: Tech Talk-
Jump to: