SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW YAMAHA LINE???????

Go down 
+24
seweljj
will_reed
hillbillyrzrs
Rhino Rob
Vital
MuddyBuddy
Gimpy
RZRS-EDGE
The Reaper
KY. Colonel
ridepate
Woodtick
RZR_Joe
Smith700
8ball_99
Baditude
farmdogg
Foxfire
njcraddock
Tmanpoker
Big-R
wvyankee2
bush
BIG D 57
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2144
Registration date : 2010-02-02

NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 2:41 pm

I hope they jump back in with something awesome, good for the industry and for the sport!
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:31 pm

lol big r im right there with ya, but it will have to be something very awesome to beat an xp. just my 2 cents, and even if they do it will be so expensive no one can afford ti to pay off their law suits...
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:33 pm

not saying there was every anything wrong with a rhino i owned two myself. but its the facts of it, when a country goes broke as for we are... well taxes go outragous. well when a company has to catch up bills they make something very awesome to cover their expenses from a mishap
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:01 am

The Reaper wrote:
not saying there was every anything wrong with a rhino i owned two myself. but its the facts of it, when a country goes broke as for we are... well taxes go outragous. well when a company has to catch up bills they make something very awesome to cover their expenses from a mishap

Aghhh. English please???
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:46 am

okay try this again. they are going to release a very mean machine and its going to be priced out of sight, basically, they are covering up their mistakes with a rhino with this new sxs. and it will be priced at a rich mans standards. to cover their law suits in the past. now instead of paying for one the consumer will be paying for 2. the mishaps the rhino lead to (law suits) and the cost of a new machine what ever it may be. it is the only way they will come out of the red with it. grated that they made their money from rhino sales, they will raise the price of the one to make up the red on the charts. just the same as the US has done. were broke, they raise taxes, killing the middle man. its how it always happens. I am not saying Yamaha is bad, but to out do the RZR-S or not even to mention the XP. and over come the rhino, its going to have to be one hell of a machine, at those stakes, the price is going to be high. Most than any middle class worker could afford, not saying that the rzr is cheap in the msrp world but still you see where i am coming from now??
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:08 am

O.K. But quality costs money. Polaris=Cheap China/Mexican parts and assemblies. Yamaha=Japanese/American parts and assemblies. All the lawsuit stuff is BS, has nothing to do with thier intrest in the utv market.
Yamahas share in the market vs. Polaris is laughable...Polaris is just a small fly-spatter on the wall. I'm talking overall products, not just the utv market. I'd pay more for a Yamaha any day of the week.
Yamaha has always had a sort of a "hide in the bushes" marketing-product. They don't just like to "keep up with the Joneses" they blow the Jonses off the map. The future of the weak, squeaky, RZR is under attack. It will be what a Yugo was in the next couple of years.....Sell it NOW......... ownedsm
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 2:52 am

Well put, but at the same time quality and reliability cost the company just as much money in the long run, several points you didn’t take into consideration. Look at Honda, they laid back “hid in the bushes” for years, and they are still in hiding. Honda was one of the toughest atvs on the market, no one here can disagree with the durability and reliability of a old 300. They sold many atvs throughout the decade they were in, But where are they at today? You never hear from them, they are so far behind in the world of off road they got left in the dust after the foreman days. Is this what is in store for a Japanese/American built toy we know as YAMAHA? You want to be the best and be on top of the game sometimes you have to give a little with it. For example, what car is sold most today? Not just a car in general but your foreign made cars. Do they lack in the field of durability? At one time yes. They were junk, but because they were so cheap everyone bought one, and the money made went into better designs, fuel economy, etc. To say a rzr is weak is crazy. Id much rather put 4.00 bushings and 25.00 bearings in something once or twice a year, and have a good smooth ride every time I am out, and be comfy than to have that strong, beefy, heavy , slow, stiff as a board indestructible flipper called a rhino. And have to put breaks on every other ride, and put a top end on a motor every year cause they couldn’t figure out how to seal off the breather box and keep dust out. But to each his own. Who knows Yamaha may blow Polaris’s doors off in the up coming year, I hope they do to be honest, but with something out dated and everything, peoples going to go with something a little more user friendly. Go back to the Honda days, is Yamaha going to just wait kick back and stay in the bushes or are they going to design something worth something, to get their name on the market? Only time will tell that one. Its seems to me that Yamaha for the time being was the joneses, and they got it handed to them. You cant disagree with the fact that the rzr 50 out performed a rhino in every aspect of offloading, if they weren‘t out doing everything on the map, people would still have been buying them and Polaris would have been sunk. Polaris went with what is big in the world right now, not trying to keep everyone out there happy they pleased one set of enthusiast, and made their selves known in the world as top dog, which I am not sure anyone can disagree with that, let me clarify, I am not saying that rhinos are junk, we all like different stuff that makes the world go around, I am clearly stating a simple fact that if you stay in the bushes too long, watching everyone else, you tend to fall asleep and never finish the race. Like I said earlier I owned two rhinos, at the time I love them, but they wouldn’t do what I needed to do, Polaris does. Point left blunt. As for the law suits being BS? Ehh I don’t see how you get that. If you ride anything hard your going to flip it sooner or later. It was their design that got them into trouble. People found the loop hole with it and got their fair share of money out of it. And trying to fix a problem by taking off the one thing that suppresses roll overs, and adding spacers, calling it a recall wasn’t a solution by no means. It was to me just a simple “well this is what we have, its an easy fix, it might shut the people up, and we’ll keep on selling it.” I’ve been able to ride a rzr in a lot harder places, and a lot more aggressive ride that I could have ever had done in my rhino. I am not getting into a big debate with you sir. I am simply stating facts that your wrong about some points of your post. Were comparing two things here a RZR and a Rhino to what is coming out for UTV world, not the guitars, drums, keyboards, so on and so fourth, or simply put enough, THERE SHARES. Its comparing the off road world, not how much money they have. I am simply putting it this way. For Yamaha to get my attention, its going to have to be one h**l of a machine, to come out on top of the world of UTV’s.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:00 am

ridepate wrote:
The future of the weak, squeaky, RZR is under attack. It will be what a Yugo was in the next couple of years.....Sell it NOW......... ownedsm

hide hide hide Bullshit
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE
SUPER P
RZRS-EDGE

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:32 am

ridepate wrote:
O.K. But quality costs money. Polaris=Cheap China/Mexican parts and assemblies. Yamaha=Japanese/American parts and assemblies. All the lawsuit stuff is BS, has nothing to do with thier intrest in the utv market.
Yamahas share in the market vs. Polaris is laughable...Polaris is just a small fly-spatter on the wall. I'm talking overall products, not just the utv market. I'd pay more for a Yamaha any day of the week.
Yamaha has always had a sort of a "hide in the bushes" marketing-product. They don't just like to "keep up with the Joneses" they blow the Jonses off the map. The future of the weak, squeaky, RZR is under attack. It will be what a Yugo was in the next couple of years.....Sell it NOW......... ownedsm

roflmao ....YAMAHA, They won't build anything that will compare to
the RZR.......if they did it might go to fast or tip over and start there nightmare
all over again thatsright
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Jimbos right........... thatsright
Back to top Go down
Smith700
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 2713
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Haters gonna hate on the ole Rhino.......Still have my 2009 700.

I ride almost every weekend. Ask MuddyBuddy on some of the rides we have been on,....
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Smith700 wrote:

I ride almost every weekend. Ask MuddyBuddy on some of the rides we have been on,....

The last time you followed me you broke an axle..... At windrock lol!
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Eat
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:19 am

Big-R wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

haha I remember the ride he broke that axle... but last weekend would def give it a run for the money we rode some rough stuff. Fun as hell tho! Ronnie you need to go run 12 sometime its a blast!! Just a little "technical" at some points NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 13435
Back to top Go down
Tmanpoker
Forum Sponsor

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 pm

12 at windrock? if so goooooood trail
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 am

Tmanpoker wrote:
12 at windrock? if so goooooood trail

yessir!! It might be my new favorite
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 am

12 has always been one of my favorites. I've ridden it on a Grizzly, King Quad, the ol' Rhino, and my S. I managed to flip my Rhino over in the creek once coming off a ledge and dropping into a hole. It sucked because it rolled onto the driver's side and I got soaked. I have since learned to keep the liquor at camp and stick to beer on the trail. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Big-R wrote:
Smith700 wrote:

haha I remember the ride he broke that axle... but last weekend would def give it a run for the money we rode some rough stuff. Fun as hell tho! Ronnie you need to go run 12 sometime its a blast!! Just a little "technical" at some points NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 13435

Your kidding me right? Do you think that I have not road twelve? I hit it every time I go. One of the best trails on the east coast.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 7:04 am

RZRS-EDGE wrote:

the RZR.......if they did it might go to fast or tip over and start there nightmare

This will be an all new Utility machine to compete with the Ranger, not RZR. Yamaha is committed to the recreational utility market. They have been doing a lot of advertising lately with their Sidexside directed to the Hunter/Fisherman/Farmer/Rancher.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 pm

wvyankee2 wrote:
RZRS-EDGE wrote:

This will be an all new Utility machine to compete with the Ranger, not RZR. Yamaha is committed to the recreational utility market. They have been doing a lot of advertising lately with their Sidexside directed to the Hunter/Fisherman/Farmer/Rancher.

Now that I believe. However, I am hearing they are going to make two machines. One utility, one sport.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 am

Big-R wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
RZRS-EDGE wrote:

Now that I believe. However, I am hearing they are going to make two machines. One utility, one sport.

I think between the ranger and the kawasaki mule line up that market it about wrapped up. Plus the new gators aint bad either. And side note I drove a ranger 900 yesterday!! I was impressed! For being a piece of farm equipment it did not look too bad either
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:18 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Big-R wrote:
wvyankee2 wrote:
RZRS-EDGE wrote:

I think between the ranger and the kawasaki mule line up that market it about wrapped up. Plus the new gators aint bad either. And side note I drove a ranger 900 yesterday!! I was impressed! For being a piece of farm equipment it did not look too bad either

Yeah but it does not look as good as a Commander..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Vital

Vital

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-11-11

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 pm

Yamaha is not Honda. Honda is very conservative, Yamaha is the most innovation manufacturer out there IMO and they always lead their industry in every field. They have the most advanced crotch rockets, the baddest jet ski on the market, the best ATVs and the Rhino has been the leader of the pack since day one. Yamaha came out with the Banshee and dominated all the two strokes, they came out with the Raptor 660 and blew everyone away. Shortly after that they came out with the YFZ 450 and changed the quad market forever, making Honda rush to build the Honda TRX 450 which was a joke for many years compared to the YFZ. They invented the UTV market with the Rhino, I have no doubt that they will come out swinging now that their legal troubles are behind them. I will continue to drive my Rhino until their new models come out. I hate Polaris with a passion, total junk. Everytime we ride we have at least one RZR in the group break down.
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:00 pm

ahhhh feel the love
Back to top Go down
hillbillyrzrs
SSXSRider Member
hillbillyrzrs

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Sounds like ole Vital needs a hug. And then go out and buy him a polaris like he really wants ownedsm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW YAMAHA LINE???????   NEW YAMAHA LINE??????? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NEW YAMAHA LINE???????
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next