SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

razor cage chop

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merlin
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-03-03

razor cage chop Empty
PostSubject: razor cage chop   razor cage chop EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Does anyone have any pics taking during your cage chop, I'd like to chop the rear about 7 inches and still use my existing roof. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

razor cage chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: razor cage chop   razor cage chop EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Most people chop a max of about 6". We made a mistake on mine, but it worked out. I am 5'-10", with most of my height in my legs. My RZRS is chopped 7 3/8". Others who are around my same height, but not tall in the legs, cannot fit in mine without hitting their head on the cage. I can wear a helmet and not hit the cage on mine. Be carefull how much you chop. Since you live in Louisville, if you want to come by and set in mine to see if you can fit in it, you are welcome. Call me at 523-0671.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

razor cage chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: razor cage chop   razor cage chop EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Took just shy of 6" out of my S. I would not want it any lower, especially with stock diameter tubing.
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
muddy-one
SSXSRider Member
muddy-one

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2009-09-20

razor cage chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: razor cage chop   razor cage chop EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Took about 5" off mine and like it. There are a couple good right ups over on rzr forums.net
Back to top Go down
merlin
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-03-03

razor cage chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: razor cage chop   razor cage chop EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Thanks guys, I also found old pics of Dr chop doing a razor, pretty much did the same thing other than I didn't slant my a pillars back, I cut cross members off and lowered them. I ended taking about 7 inches out
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

razor cage chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: razor cage chop   razor cage chop EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:29 pm

merlin wrote:
Thanks guys, I also found old pics of Dr chop doing a razor, pretty much did the same thing other than I didn't slant my a pillars back, I cut cross members off and lowered them. I ended taking about 7 inches out

Now you know we want pics of the new machine.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

razor cage chop Empty
PostSubject: Re: razor cage chop   razor cage chop Empty

Back to top Go down

razor cage chop
Page 1 of 1