SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions about possible new off road park

Go down 
+6
Dbusa101
The Reaper
Gimpy
DOG
seweljj
hobbz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
hobbz

hobbz

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2011-11-11

Questions about possible new off road park Empty
PostSubject: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Me and 2 other guys are working with one of the larger land owners in our area(Ashland, KY) to try to get him to start an off road park. Right now he has about 3,000 acres that he is thinking about letting us use, and as the park grows, he has around 4,000 more that he would let us use.

Now the questions:

With starting out at 3,000 acres, would $50/year per vehicle be a good price to attract people?
Would you rather have more miles of easy trails or less miles of difficult trails?
How many miles would you travel to ride?

I have rode the trails and right now without doing any trail maintenance, there are 30-40 miles of blue/red trails and ~10 miles of green trails. There is everything from mud to hillclimbs.

We are taking the owner of this land to Black Mountain so he can see how a park is maintained and ran. We will be talking to the campground owner and one of the guys that helped start the park. We are looking for as much feedback as possible to give him to help him make his decision.

Thanks
Hobbz
Back to top Go down
http://redneckridgeriders.com
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Personally, I favor less miles and more extreme trails, but it probably needs to be a good mix of easier trails to attract families with children. I do not have a problem with traveling up to 6 hrs for good riding. $50/yr sounds reasonable for a yearly pass.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:26 pm

also have day or weekend passes to b/c i might only get to come once per year so i would favor maybe paying 25 for a 3 day weekend or something.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Agree to one or two day passes, but annual, like Black Mountain, is good too. He needs to consider all routes of income such as cabin rentals like at Windrock. They are small, for 4 people, and are booked up a lot on the weekends. They now have larger ones too. A campground is a consideration he might think about too.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
hobbz

hobbz

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:36 pm

I like the weekend pass idea, I will pass it on.

The campground will happen, just not the first year most likely, although dry camping will be available.
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 pm

hobbz if you need anything let me know i got some pull with the state rep he is from my county
Back to top Go down
Dbusa101

Dbusa101

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 8:40 pm

There is a 3000 acre park here in Ga that charges 200 for an annual pass and 25 for a single visit and they are doing pretty good business. MOTO Mountain in Fairmount GA
Back to top Go down
Hollon
SSXSRider Member
Hollon

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:36 am

Go for it Hobbs, I'm in!
Back to top Go down
wvregulators
SSXSRider Member
wvregulators

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:56 am

HATFIELD AND MCCOY TRAILS CHARGE 50.OO FOR OUT OF STATE 25.00 IN STATE FOR A YEAR IM ALMOST POSITIVE. ALSO REQUIRE EVERYONE TO WEAR HELMETS. WHICH I DON'T THINK IS A BAD THING FOR SAFETY REASONS. THEY DON'T ALLOW NIGHT RIDING WHICH SUCKS, BUT WHATEVER YOU GUYS DO MAKE SURE PEOPLES MACHINES AREN'T GETTING STOLEN ON A WEEKLY BASIS!!!!!!!!!!! GET SOME TYPE OF SECURITY PLEASE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Progress is happening. Road and trailhead construction starting this coming week. We have about 50 miles to start with. There is everything from climbs to mud to old haul roads. Waiting on final approval from insurance, and permits to come in, then it will open. When it opens, I will post all the info.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:08 pm

hobbz
Be sure to let us know the opening date. I am sure many of us would love to come out and support you.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Remember how a friend of mine has become successfull in the RV business. You can make a lot of money off of a few units being sold at a high price, but probably won't sell a lot of units that way, which means a total income of very little money. OR, you can make a little bit of money off of units being sold at a low price, like $1,000 over his cost, plus his cost on options, which equals a lot of units being sold, which means a lot of total income. He got 2 dealers out of th RED and made his own dealership successfull by selling low.

If you charge to much, you will not get repeat customers as often. If you charge a fair price, for what you have to offer, like Black Mountain, Dirty Turtle or Horseshoe Bend has, then you will probably make a lot of money off of a lot of people.

Good luck.

Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Bellastar

Bellastar

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:18 pm

Keep us all of date we will support your efforts
Back to top Go down
hobbz

hobbz

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:25 pm

I will start a new thread tomorrow with all info about the park. We are having a business meeting with the land owner tomorrow to finalize everything.

I can say permits will be going on sale soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about possible new off road park   Questions about possible new off road park Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about possible new off road park
Page 1 of 1