Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed Empty
PostSubject: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 9:25 pm

I am only dissapointed that I could'nt run more than 50 MPh. THESE SHOCKS FINNN ROCK! Wow what a difference. I cant believe I have put this off this long....

I gained about 3/4 of an inch front and back, of ride hight. The install was so easy even a caveman could do it. About 30 minutes on install, plus lubing everything whill the wheels were off. I sure wish everything was as easyas installing these shocks......

I hit a long straight away that I normaly could hit at about 40ish and still have confidence in the ride. At 50 today I needed mo top end. The straight away is an ATV trail that has lots of pot holes and lots of wash outs that I would bottom out on with the stockers. I rode another 6 miles at speeds I could have never ridden at with the stockers. The one drawback is that they arent as plush at the stockers, at low speeds.....but i would trade speed for low speed plush anyday. Side roll seemed to be very little, as I was able to "drift" out of turns more so than with the stockers, and the shocks kept the wheels to the ground.

My impression after the first short ride is, if you dont have any aftermarket shocks (Exception, SE shocks with the rezis) get them as soon as you can.

I remember the first time I went balls out on my Rhino last August and the addrenaline rush that came with it....I got a taste of that again todyay......woooooohoooooooo.

Without experience on any other shocks I would highly recommend the Progressive 425s....Got mine from Hunterworks http://www.hunterworks.com/ Ordered them Monday recieved them Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10317

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 9:31 pm

Thanks for the info Dave. I was actually researching these today. I'm getting ready to jump on some of these. I really wanted the steel body Bilsteins, but I think I would be satisfied with these for about $600.00 less. Rhino I was waiting for a good review. I read the one today by Cajuncoot, and now yours. I have not read anything bad about them and also trust Todd on his advice. These are probably one of those best kept secrets that is starting to come out.
Back to top Go down
rcmass

rcmass

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 9:34 pm

glad you are digging em...

I am currently looking for some piggy back SE shocks... just not looking very hard....
Back to top Go down
Neuromax
SSXSRider Member
Neuromax

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 11:33 pm

I just ordered a set of fronts only for mine. I am tired of that bottoming out! Roamerr on here has them on all 4's on his and is very happy with them. I will try the front only first and then maybe do the rears too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 12:02 am

You go Dave!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers Did you ever get your top from Nick???
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 12:04 am

Oh and there will be a Conference-Committee meeting on the 26th of July at the Comfort-Inn.............If anyone wishes to join ,BYOB and be prepared.......Nick?????Telli??? :drunken:
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 12:25 am

ridepate wrote:
You go Dave!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers Did you ever get your top from Nick???

Yes I picked it up about a month or so ago. I appreciate the sell.
Back to top Go down
shawnley1222
SSXSRider Member
shawnley1222

Number of posts : 2745

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:30 am

you got 425s up front and HD in the back right? If so how is the buckinfg situation in the rear? How much did all 4 set you back?
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:58 am

Yep they are all Progressive 425's and I ordered HDs for the rear because I put a seat in the back for the kids. Todd at Hunterworks recommended the HDs.

I havent noticed any bucking yet. If anything its less, but I couldnt tell you why. What I can say for sure is the high speed control of the Rhino was a hell of a lot more stable in the whoops , pot holes, mud holes, roots and other obstacles that made the Rhino "bounce or hop" before. Hell of a difference in ride control at high speeds. I now understand why people say get aftermarket shocks now!

What I was most suprised by is the ride hight increasing 3/4 of an inch. I guess that says a lot about how wore my stockers were. They do claim some increase in ride height but but only 1/4 to 1/2 an inch.

The shocks were $700.00 for the set of four. That includes shipping. Get em at
http://www.hunterworks.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed   Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed Empty

Back to top Go down

Proggresive 425's installed first ride and I am dissapointed
Page 1 of 1