SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...

Go down 
+29
Elliott11
ktpguy
bacon
chipper
girdlerrzr
ridepate
bush
Baditude
GCFD112
RZR_Joe
Tmanpoker
CatMostFeared
brownboy
DirtDawber
MuddyBuddy
simoniz
Big Jake 1637
DoddS
Dean
Sporto
Gimpy
southernkyrzr4
BigAlCash
STR8RZR
Big-R
samiam
DOG
bonzo
8ball_99
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... Empty
PostSubject: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:10 pm

Well after 500 miles and 9 hours of driving I came home with this.
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... File
I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... File-1
This is a big, long, tall, SOB, But so far I love it.. Drove it around the field a little when I got it home. I was pretty surprised.. The turning radius isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It seems to handle and drive very well. Infact compared to my 800 with out power steering this one with EPS feels very smooth.. I was zigzagging in and out of trees like nothing. The walker evan shocks seem to ride great..
Picked up a set of doors at the dealer since they gave me a pretty good price.. Next is lowering the cage, roof, front and back windows.. And I guess I'll have to fix the rear. Is there any other options out there now? Is the Zorb racing setup still the best fix for the trailing arms and rear links?. Not looking forward to dropping a grand on replacing that brand new stuff.. Watch it will be my luck polaris's new machine will cost about 1k more have more hp and come with zero clearance trailing arms and rear links already.. hide
Back to top Go down
bonzo
SSXSRider Member
bonzo

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Sweet ride!! I love my 4 just wish I had that 900 power.
Back to top Go down
DOG
SSXSRider Member
DOG

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:47 pm

very nice ride congrats
Back to top Go down
samiam
SSXSRider Member
samiam

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Woooo Weeeee that's purtty.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:10 am

Nice ride Will!!! And yes I would go with the Zborz.
Back to top Go down
STR8RZR
SSXSRider Staff
STR8RZR

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:44 am

Good looking ride. A buddy of mine uses the highlifter rods behest happy with them.
Back to top Go down
BigAlCash
SSXSRider Member
BigAlCash

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 4:22 am

Nice ride! I like the Highlifter rods.
Back to top Go down
southernkyrzr4
SSXSRider Member
southernkyrzr4

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:36 am

Sharp ! perfect10

Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:40 am

Chug Nice going, and glad you sold the other machines too.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:46 am

High lifter and zbrothers seems to be about the same price.. But high lifter only sells theirs in red and white.. I need black. Between those two I'm kinda of leaning to zbrothers. To me theirs looks like they would be a little stronger. Wishful thinking, but I was hoping maybe there was a cheaper alternative...
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:14 am

8ball_99 wrote:
High lifter and zbrothers seems to be about the same price.. But high lifter only sells theirs in red and white.. I need black. Between those two I'm kinda of leaning to zbrothers. To me theirs looks like they would be a little stronger. Wishful thinking, but I was hoping maybe there was a cheaper alternative...

Those are the only two that I know of. I can vouch for the toughness of the Z Broz. There are a few others that can also. I don't know about the High Lifter.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:07 pm

lol so anyone want to buy a nice 7x26 redneck toyhauler with a 20' garage thats half ton towable?

ok so I'm not there yet... But she ain't going in as is.. Which I kind of knew, I was just hoping it would be close.. My rear door is 73"+ tall.. My XP4 as it sits empty with no gear is a little less then 78. So I'm going to need the rear of the cage atleast 5" lower.. I'm sure with a little weight in the RZR it will drop some.. But at the same time If I decide to get bigger tires or do some shock work it will go right back up.

I was just going to chop the cage.. But since it needs to come down that much I'm really thinking new cage.. I know the XP4 cages are stronger, But still with it coming down that much I want a stout cage cause it just won't have any room to give.. I was ok with a braced stock cage in my RZR cause if it did crush in a roll you had some distance between you and it..

So who has lowered 4 seater cages? How much lower did you go? I'd love to see some pictures even more so with passengers back there.. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get a cage? I know there is several venders over on the RZR forum.. But most of those are out west. Between the price they are asking and the shipping its a little nuts. I guess I could check some local 4x4 shops but I'd kinda of rather go with a shop that already builds them.

Honestly I'm tempted to just buy a tube bender, some dies and a notcher. All thats only about 900 + the cost of steel.. I'm sure a cage is going to be in the 1500 range..

Back to top Go down
Sporto
SSXSRider Member
Sporto

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Will, if you do in fact decide to do a little hacking on a cage let me know. I can give you a hand if you need any help.
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Congrats on the new ride i like the 4 it really does a good job what i have seen
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Sporto wrote:
Will, if you do in fact decide to do a little hacking on a cage let me know. I can give you a hand if you need any help.

Thanks bud, I might take you up on that. lol Yep, after doing some shopping around for cages and bumpers. I just went a head and ordered a tube bender and some dies.. Still need to pick up a notcher.. The bender and two different size dies was around 730ish.. I've been wanting a bender anyway this just gave my a good excuse. I don't think I'm going to build a whole new cage. 5-6 inches out of the stock one doesn't seem to be all that much. Besides After looking at it I'm pretty sure I can just replace some of it and brace it in a few spots.. I'm also thinking I'd like to tie it into the front and rear bumper.. If I do all that it should be pretty dern stout.
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Take 9" out of the rear and 5" out of the middle and it'll look like this.

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... Iphonepics016

My kids have plenty of room.

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... Iphonepics021
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:35 am

When are you getting a four?

DoddS wrote:
Take 9" out of the rear and 5" out of the middle and it'll look like this.

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... Iphonepics016

My kids have plenty of room.

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... Iphonepics021
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:57 am

I'm not. I like the 4 but I like what I have for me.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks for the pic Dodds. 9 Might be a little much for me, but I think 6-7 in the rear shouldn't be a problem. From what I've seen most all the aftermarket cages are atleast 5" lower A lot of them are 7"

I wouldn't have got the four if I didn't have to.. I really like that invasion Green 2 seater XP.. But I didn't want to keep two RZRs anymore and both my sons and my wife like to ride. So station wagon it is..
Back to top Go down
Big Jake 1637
SSXSRider Member
Big Jake 1637

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:42 pm

I've had my XP900 4 Seater since March and love it. It goes thru all all the trails that everybody else tries with ease. Only problem I have had was a vibration due to the carrier bearing in the front driveline. My dealer replaced under warrenty. I'm gonna do a 4" lift and 32" tires on mine and i'll be in there!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chris.sturgill1?ref=tn_tnmn
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:28 pm

I did 6 and 8 on my old 800 4 seater. I was still able to ride in the back with out a helmet but with a helmet it hit from time to time. I'm 6'0. Tim Moore did my chop on that machine.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm thinking the cage is coming down 7 in the rear.. That should give me the room I Need now plus a little room to grow :)

And thanks to Big R my wallet just got 900 bucks lighter.. Zbroracing trailer arm kit on its way... Well honestly I should blame Tim Cause I wasn't even considering an XP till I seen his last year.. Getting those arms up even with the frame makes all the difference..
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:44 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Sporto wrote:

Thanks bud, I might take you up on that. lol Yep, after doing some shopping around for cages and bumpers. I just went a head and ordered a tube bender and some dies.. Still need to pick up a notcher.. The bender and two different size dies was around 730ish.. I've been wanting a bender anyway this just gave my a good excuse. I don't think I'm going to build a whole new cage. 5-6 inches out of the stock one doesn't seem to be all that much. Besides After looking at it I'm pretty sure I can just replace some of it and brace it in a few spots.. I'm also thinking I'd like to tie it into the front and rear bumper.. If I do all that it should be pretty dern stout.

Count me in on that as well. Ill provide the muscle, my brother wants to chop the rex cage as well. Ill pay for steel and gladly work my ass off helping you and bring some brew to ease the pain!! Also compensate you for your effort!! As long as your wife does not give me too much hell

Dam I wish U would of waited on the ZBORZ I get dealer discount on the highlifter!!!! Either Way give me a call we will come help ya install n chop!
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member
DirtDawber

Number of posts : 4089
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 am

Needs woodgrain!!!
Back to top Go down
brownboy
SSXSRider Member
brownboy

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-06-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:13 am

congrats bud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...   I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4... Empty

Back to top Go down

I bought a station wagon... I mean XP4...
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next