SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally got me an XDM

Go down 
+9
Baditude
RangeRover
bush
8ball_99
RZR_Joe
wvyankee2
Big-R
cajuncoot
MuddyBuddy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Finally got me an XDM Empty
PostSubject: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Finally got me an XDM Xdm4510

Wanted the 40 but they did not have any. They had the compact and it was only an xd, my hands are too big for that thing, so I went back to the indoor range and put a few through a 45 xdm they just got in. Fell in love, for being a 45 the kick is nothing, got 100 free rounds and she shaved 100 bucks off the ticket for it. Then gave me a free box of hollow points..... Couldnt say no!!! I am in love with it so far me and my best friend who came home from deployment this weekend (hes a navy flight crew guy, flies in a sea-hawk, and also one of their small arms instructors) did a few courses with it. FUN AS HELL

I blame this purchase on ronnie mainly. My buddy shot his glock 19, but he had a big smile on his face after he shot my xdm.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

Number of posts : 3773
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:42 pm

LETS SHOOT 100 YARDS WITH JANETS CCW ,,, ! lol! RIGHT RONNIE ??
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:43 pm

seriously that is one sweet piece ,, i m looking at one also !
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:08 pm

cajuncoot wrote:
LETS SHOOT 100 YARDS WITH JANETS CCW ,,, ! lol! RIGHT RONNIE ??

I told that story to some guys last week. Man that was funny.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:32 pm

we need to have a southern sxs gun range day. Got a silencer coming in for a SCAR that needs to be field tested :)
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Just got me the 45 XDS. Finally got me an XDM 778176
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

Number of posts : 1991
Registration date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 am

Picked up a few new ones myself lately. I looked at the SA but I like the S&W M&Ps better.

S&W M&P 45 Compact (my carry)
Finally got me an XDM 2012-10-31_18-27-24_317

S&W M&P 45 Full Size (big brother) Has an Apex trigger job, night sights, & stimpled grips.
Finally got me an XDM 2012-11-02_18-10-34_288

S&W M&P 40
Finally got me an XDM 2012-11-09_17-54-27_619

This weekend there is a big gun show at the fairgrounds, wonder what will follow me home. Just got the wifey a new Ruger LCP. Sweet little pocket gun but she finds it difficult to aim accurately. She has her eye on a Sig P238 Lady....at least she has good taste thatsright
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:00 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:
we need to have a southern sxs gun range day.

Count us in!!!!!
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Nice Matt, I'm still very happy with my XD 40 subcompact.. I will admitt though I wish I would have just gotten the XDM 40 compact. I was stuck on the subcompact thinking it would be easier to carry, But after owning it and spending some time with the XDM.. That .8" longer wouldn't have mattered much.. I like the angled slide and the trigger on the M better. Did you get that one to carry or just for the range? I dont' think I could keep my pants up with all those .45 bullets lol
Back to top Go down
bush
SSXSRider Staff
bush

Number of posts : 6141
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:03 pm

perfect10

i got a sig 229 in .357sig a few months back for 350$. Smiles
it was my duty carry gun. we switched to glock 31 .357sig. not a glock fan. shot a 93 when we went to the range Sad with the sig i was shooting 98-100s every time. the same happened to several officers but i am starting to shoot it better the more i shoot it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm

8ball_99 wrote:
Nice Matt, I'm still very happy with my XD 40 subcompact.. I will admitt though I wish I would have just gotten the XDM 40 compact. I was stuck on the subcompact thinking it would be easier to carry, But after owning it and spending some time with the XDM.. That .8" longer wouldn't have mattered much.. I like the angled slide and the trigger on the M better. Did you get that one to carry or just for the range? I dont' think I could keep my pants up with all those .45 bullets lol

Hell yeah you got that right, there double stack clips so I can hold 13 + 1 lol. Im not sure yet I might actually debating on using my judge as my carry. I almost bought a governor while I was in there, I still might that thing is nice.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:34 am

If you want a wheel gun for carry.. I'd say get a LCR 357.. I have the LCR .38 and its a great wheel gun for carry.. I wish they would have sold the 357 version when I bought mine. I would have gotten it just cause you can shoot either with it and it only weighs a couple ounces more.

I've got a judge and really like it. I wouldn't get one for carry though. They are very bulky for the amount of fire power you have.. Long colts are just a .45 with a huge case left over from black powder days. 410 rounds are pretty weak for the most part.. Only ones I'd even consider for self defense against 2 legged critters would be some buckshot. Now my judge and some birdshot will tear up some field mice or snakes..
Back to top Go down
RangeRover
SSXSRider Member
RangeRover

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:
we need to have a southern sxs gun range day.

Count us in!!!!!
I'm game gents.......time and place Giterdone
Finally got me an XDM Dsc_0213
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:44 pm

nice piece bud!! thats what im using for big boy ammo is hornady critical defense. For range im using atlanta arms they seem to be working pretty good!!

Marty is the gun guru lets go shoot somewhere!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:36 pm

SA XDM 9mm Full size

Finally got me an XDM 2012-12-10_11-59-35_263

Chug Damn these things keep following me home thatsright
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Hell yeah!! Im thinking about getting that same gun but compact for my carry gun, how you like it joe?
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:35 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
Hell yeah!! Im thinking about getting that same gun but compact for my carry gun, how you like it joe?

Dunno yet, just bought it today. I will put a few hundred rounds through it this weekend and let you know. Everyone has been on me to try a XDM so I am thatsright

My carry is a S&W MP 45c - love it!
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 am

Already have a XDM .40

Should i go for a 45 ACP as well or go with a 1911. Looking at a Colt and a Kimber
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Baditude wrote:
Already have a XDM .40

Should i go for a 45 ACP as well or go with a 1911. Looking at a Colt and a Kimber

Colt 1911 is the holy grail of 1911s. My dad was a carreer jarhead so I grew up on Colt M1911s (the original) and IMHO there is no better gun. Since they have become so popular in the last 20 years everyone and thier brother makes thier variation, I still prefer the original design. Colt also makes several variations now, the Series 70 is the closest to the original. You can not go wrong with a Colt 1911.

Kimber is a fine weapon but it is no Colt. Also, keep in mind if you've never owned a 1911 it is an entirely different animal from todays polymer semi-automatics. I would suggest finding someone that has the model you are looking at and trying it first. In todays gun market there are 1911 guys(hardcore) and all others LOL. I'm an oddball as I like both.

Just my 2 cents.....
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 pm

BTW - you might want to look at the Ruger SR1911. Great gun for the price and it's loaded with features that are standard.
Back to top Go down
cajuncoot
SSXSRider Member
cajuncoot

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:37 pm

love my Kimber but my next is a ed brown and then a les baer, probaly after the rock river 308 , its first i get dealer prices on them !
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 am

I carried a Colt in the Navy when on watch, I wish I had land where I could shoot off the back porch like some of you have.. in Indianapolis I would goto jail lol!

I might have to buy both and be done with it
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:25 am

Baditude wrote:
I carried a Colt in the Navy when on watch, I wish I had land where I could shoot off the back porch like some of you have.. in Indianapolis I would goto jail lol!

I might have to buy both and be done with it

We walk out into the back yard and let 'em fly thatsright The neighbors love my ARs lol!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe
SSXSRider Member
RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 7:57 am

MuddyBuddy wrote:

Put a couple hundred through it yesterday. Points well, recovers quickly, no jams overall very pleased. Absolutely love the the sights! Definitely will be obtaining a XDM in 45 cal this week.
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

Put a couple hundred through it yesterday. Points well, recovers quickly, no jams overall very pleased. Absolutely love the the sights! Definitely will be obtaining a XDM in 45 cal this week.

I think right after christmas im gonna pick up a .556 ar and a xdm 40 compact good report thank you! You will love the 45 its a great piece!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me an XDM   Finally got me an XDM Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally got me an XDM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next