Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

It's no Sin to be stupid, but it sure makes life tough sometimes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: It's no Sin to be stupid, but it sure makes life tough sometimes!   Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm telling this on myself to perhaps keep somebody else from making the same DUMB ASS mistake. Some time back I pooped my second Yamaha fuel pump on the Rhino 450. So, I buys me a new pump from Weller Racing. Thought my problems would go away. And for the most part they did for a while. Now I had just put on a new fuel filter before the Weller pump and thought it would be okay. For the past little while my buggy stated running like crap! So, first thing one does is check the fuel filter, right? Well I did just that. I mean they are clear, right? I gave it a glance and didn't see anything wrong. After a lot of cussing and checking other stuff and to keep this from becoming a book, I got out the LARGER fuel filter that came with the new pump, thinking it might be a volume issue. Bingo! When I took the old filter off and looked at it up close, it was full of shit. The buggy is back to running like a top. Lesson learned here is: Pay Attention to the small things and some of the bigger things might never show up!
Back to top Go down
Stakk
Sausage Biscuit

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: It's no Sin to be stupid, but it sure makes life tough sometimes!   Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Another piece of advise, my Dad was going through pumps right and left, the one way check valve that is located in the vent hose that connects to the cage? was sticking, take it off and throw it away, stick the hose back in the hole in the cage and you wont have anymore pump troubles......at least Dad hasnt
Back to top Go down
Woodtick
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: It's no Sin to be stupid, but it sure makes life tough sometimes!   Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks Stakk. I'll do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's no Sin to be stupid, but it sure makes life tough sometimes!   

Back to top Go down

It's no Sin to be stupid, but it sure makes life tough sometimes!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1