SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Trail #14 near Brimstone

Go down 
+9
Rhino Rob
pit dog
Dan
DoddS
highlander
Big-R
Cuz
seweljj
DrMud
13 posters
AuthorMessage
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-12-02

Red Trail #14 near Brimstone Empty
PostSubject: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Was wondering if I was going to run out of skill on this spot.

Back to top Go down
seweljj
SSXSRider Member
seweljj

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:37 am

looks like a fun ride!
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Thats one of the funnest trails there
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 pm

Does anyone know the name of the trail?
Back to top Go down
highlander
SSXSRider Member
highlander

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

It is on the old Brimestone trails that twra property bought you have to have twra permit to ride
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm

when you go straight down trail 1 past trail 30 and the trail narrows it'll be the first trail on the left. you can buy a tn hunting license and ride twra trails
Back to top Go down
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:49 am

Then we turned at the next left and went down trail 17, under the power line, about went over the handle bars coming down that just before the powerline, when I hit a rock affraid . Watch for that rock, 13" of ground clearance, thought I would have missed it. About a 100 feet above the power lines.

Went on down the mountain some more. Went right on some trail ran out of trail from a wash out, came back up the mountain some drive , went left down some trail, up and over a bad spot, clearing another wash out, watch out for the boulder on the bottom left there, we about lost one, "Sponge", long way to the bottom there, fortunately Redrzr was on the slope and pulled the back corner down, , ran into a deadend due to a rock slide, then doubled back some and went up the side of a mountain through a briar patch. The briar patch would be easy to find, still has chunks of my skin hanging in the bushes trust me . Then ran back in to 14, turned left, then we lined out again and had a pretty good ride.

Skills were better by the end of the day. NoPoo
Back to top Go down
DoddS
SSXSRider Member
DoddS

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm

We rode it last time we were down. Good trail for sure. There's lots of good trails over on the old Brimstone trails. Stacy and I rode with Heath and Steve over there the next day and had a blast! I'll be back down real soon to explore over there some more.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 pm

There are several good trails in New River... 17-18 combo, 20, 22, 58, 61, 54-76
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 pm

I guess I will be buying my permit for next year.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 pm

If you take 14 straight thru to trails 28 first then 21 and then to 24. It will bring you back around to the washed out bridge on B25. Its a fun ride with some pretty rough spots.
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 7:33 pm

perfect10
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 7:33 pm

atta boy big r,,, pay to ride,, instead of piggy backing on the fishing and hunting license purchasers whose money went into the original purchase of twra land. thatsright and that was a good video! except for the peckerhead trying to run down the tree.
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Rhino Rob wrote:
atta boy big r,,, pay to ride,, instead of piggy backing on the fishing and hunting license purchasers whose money went into the original purchase of twra land. thatsright and that was a good video! except for the peckerhead trying to run down the tree.
I wouldnt call it piggy backing. It cost me $118/yr for a Tn hunting license and I don't hunt there. I just buy it to ride those trails.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:09 am

Rhino Rob wrote:

I have never road the TWRA land so I have not ever piggy back off anything. However, I do buy a permit each year for Windrock and Brimstone which cost me over one hundred and fifty bucks. So I guess I have been paying to ride.

I feel that the TWRA does not want me to ride their land do to the HIGH cost of the permit for "out of stater's". They do zero maintenance on the trails and the land was bought with federal money "my money".

However, there are many states that will not let anyone ride their land. So with that perspective I am going to support the TWRA with more of my money. TN is a very OHV friendly state and I am going to start thanking them for it............
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Big-R wrote:
Rhino Rob wrote:

I have never road the TWRA land so I have not ever piggy back off anything. However, I do buy a permit each year for Windrock and Brimstone which cost me over one hundred and fifty bucks. So I guess I have been paying to ride.

I feel that the TWRA does not want me to ride their land do to the HIGH cost of the permit for "out of stater's". They do zero maintenance on the trails and the land was bought with federal money "my money".

However, there are many states that will not let anyone ride their land. So with that perspective I am going to support the TWRA with more of my money. TN is a very OHV friendly state and I am going to start thanking them for it............

Ehhh in the east part of the statethey are. Mid Tn and west tn have a few great parks that have lots a great trails. But if they catch you riding them your gonna lose your ride and either do some time or pay a 50,000 fine. Never got that, dumbest f ing thing I had ever heard, im paying for it and we are riding old logging roads that are already in place. Luckily my dads farm backs into one of these so its easy to get back there and when the rangers pursue I can get away pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
nocerisdave
SSXSRider Member
nocerisdave

Number of posts : 5674
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Hell yeah!!
Back to top Go down
Mudcon
SSXSRider Member
Mudcon

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:56 am

those are some of the best trails
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudcon.com
stomper1

stomper1

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Hey Guys we rode trails 9,47,19a which ends 19,18 14 this past weekend they are pretty good trails with some tuff spots 19.18.14.are all red and fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Trail #14 near Brimstone   Red Trail #14 near Brimstone Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Trail #14 near Brimstone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SouthernSxSRiders :: Multi-Media :: Videos-
Jump to: