SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site

Go down 
+7
Dean
Gimpy
pit dog
Big-R
Rhino Rob
rooster
wvyankee2
11 posters
AuthorMessage
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site Empty
PostSubject: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:02 pm

Link to Coal Creek's web site. Full of info on riding and lodging. :campfire: Rhino

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-08-16

PostSubject: Windrock Park Campground at Coal Creek Summer Specials   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site Summer10
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:01 am

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site Trail210

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site Trail211

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site Trail212
Back to top Go down
Rhino Rob
SSXSRider Member
Rhino Rob

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2009-01-25
Location : the home of the volunteers and port st joe tiger sharks

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:13 am

yeah too bad rednecks want to drive their vehicles thru those shallow breeding ponds to put a little mud on their wheels, Ahh nature, its just in our way of a good time thatsright lol! Pugged
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:36 am

Thanks rooster!!!! I can't wait to get back to the Rock!
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:47 pm

I thought I would get this out before any rumors started to fly around. We have started a new trail over in the Little Fodderstack area. For the time being Lewis and I are calling it the Black Hog trail because we ran into a hog this morning. This is a work in progress and trail numbers will not be assigned until all the trails are finished. I anticipate at this point at least 3 trails out of this area.

We will continue to work in this area until finished. It will take us a little while to get them all in so be patient. These trails are being hand cut with minimal machine work. Machine work is usually required when building up a crossing at washed out area's and moving dirt to create entrances and exits.

The first small section is complete and you are welcome to ride it. It is 0.7 miles long. The Entrance is on Trail 42. After you pass the split for 42-43/44 start your climb up the hill on Trail 42. About 1/2 way up you will see the entrance on your right. The Exit point is up past Little Fodderstack Overlook on the back side where the gravel road almost ends at the Lower Overlook.

As we get new sections open I will post updates.

Thanks
Rooster
Back to top Go down
pit dog
SSXSRider Member
pit dog

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:54 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:06 pm

We will be down for the club ride in October again. We can check it out then. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Coal Creeks Trail of the Month for August 2011

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site Totmtr10
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:43 am

rooster wrote:
I thought I would get this out before any rumors started to fly around. We have started a new trail over in the Little Fodderstack area. For the time being Lewis and I are calling it the Black Hog trail because we ran into a hog this morning. This is a work in progress and trail numbers will not be assigned until all the trails are finished. I anticipate at this point at least 3 trails out of this area.

We will continue to work in this area until finished. It will take us a little while to get them all in so be patient. These trails are being hand cut with minimal machine work. Machine work is usually required when building up a crossing at washed out area's and moving dirt to create entrances and exits.

The first small section is complete and you are welcome to ride it. It is 0.7 miles long. The Entrance is on Trail 42. After you pass the split for 42-43/44 start your climb up the hill on Trail 42. About 1/2 way up you will see the entrance on your right. The Exit point is up past Little Fodderstack Overlook on the back side where the gravel road almost ends at the Lower Overlook.

As we get new sections open I will post updates.

Thanks
Rooster

Trail is finished. Not Numbered yet but rideable. To find the trail go down Trail 42 off Gravel 6. New Trail is on your right. About 1/4 mile in on new trail, take the right turn down to the Lower Section. New Trail is 2.1 miles long and will put you out on Gravel 17. Turn Left on G17 and 1.5 miles to Creek Crossing at Hwy 116.
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:47 am

All three trails are now open and signed. Trail 48,49 and Trail 6.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:43 am

Rooster wrote:
Trail 32 is now open for riding. Signs were erected today. It is 2.0 miles long and there are a few challenging hill climbs in it. Here is a map of the area. And for those of you that notice, the Old Trail 32 is no longer out there. It was a short trail that got consumed when they built the Gravel Roads out that way. So we just reused the number. It will be on the next Map Revision. It is an ATV/SxS Trail. It is very narrow and tight in alot of spots.

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site Trail_11
Back to top Go down
Dean
SSXSRider Member
Dean

Number of posts : 1210
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Good Deal cant get enough trails perfect10
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 pm

New cabins..... They just started these last time we were there.

http://www.visualtour.com/show.asp?t=2740288&prt=10003&sk=29
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 am

Those cabins are very nice
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:43 pm

So often we hear many complaints on this site about how places/people are doing things wrong. Well, I would like to complement Rooster on the fine job he is doing at Windrock.

I have road all his new trails that he has been building the past few years and I have to say they are very nice. Some of them are becoming challenging.

One of my favorite loops are 6, 49, 26 to 44 to 43. Wow what a fun ride. Also, to new 77 and 80 are very nice.

Good job Rooster clap
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:36 am

Yes Rooster and crew are doing a fantastic job.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
spidy

spidy

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 12:28 am

We will be out there with a bunch of Rzr's
a maverick
and my Hoss 1100 4x4 buggy
on the 18- the 20th 0f this month
Back to top Go down
http://www.extremebuggiesusa.com
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:00 pm

It has been a wet year and we have been trying to catch up. Some of the trails might be a little more challenging than you remember from all of this. We are working to get things back into shape and ready for the Fall Riding Season. We just fiinished a new bypass at those rock ledges out on Trail 16. You can have the rocks or not. Your choice. Here is a short trail update

Trail 48 closed Landslide
Trail 49/6 Heavly Rutted but doable with skill.

Trails that have been maintenanced so far this summer.

Trail 35 (upper part), Trail 36 newer section only, Trail 77, 78, 79, 22, 2, 16, 17. We will continue to pull maintenance on the trails for the next few weeks.

Don't forget the Fall Jamboree is coming up. Dates are October 17, 18, 19. Thanks have a great day.

Rooster
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks for the update rooster. I am looking forward to my trip down there next month.
Back to top Go down
rooster

rooster

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Trails Update:

The following have been dozed since Labor Day:

42, 43, 48, 49, 6, 41, 35 on the Southside

9, 37, 16, 28, 29, 32 on the East Side

Important Notes:

Trail 43 to Big Fodderstack now has a bypass around HeartAttack Hill. Trail 43 was dozed all the way around the mountain.
Trail 35 has a bypass around the rock garden section, but Trail 36 has not been worked and has some ledges in it.
Trail 32 still has a few steep hills but not that bad. The really bad one has a been re-routed with a 1/2 mile bypass.
Trail 29 and 28 have been worked heavily. Trees pushed back and deep mud holes drained.
Trail 16 is in the best shape it has been in years. The Rock Ledge area near Trail 18 has a bypass.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:29 am

Thanks for the up date!
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2
SSXSRider Member
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 10318

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:36 am

Anyone hear about Security doing Cooler checks at Windrock?
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 557

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:55 pm

We were just there and nobody checked our coolers. I heard it was happening but did not see it.

If you go be sure to ride the new section of 9 and the new 14. We did them down, up, dry and wet!!
Back to top Go down
Raccer
SSXSRider Member
Raccer

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2013-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site EmptyWed May 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Couple of weeks ago had them ask if I had alcohol in the cooler.. Just told them no, but they didnt look..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek (Windrock) web site   Coal Creek (Windrock) web site Empty

Back to top Go down

Coal Creek (Windrock) web site
Page 1 of 1