SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb

Go down 
+10
wvyankee2
chipper
pit dog
Clayboy
MuddyBuddy
hobbz
Sporto
Stakk
8ball_99
The Big Show
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Well guess I should chime in...
First off funny story, when I bought the can am it was the 2nd one bought in TN. After seeing all the specs and the hype I was almost sold. What ultimately sold me on it was I wanted to buy it and go ride brimstone that weekend, not get a rzr 900 and get hung up on everything before I replaced the trailing arms.

Ok so the Maverick......
Can am has pissed me off something awful, so it would take a lot to buy from them again. That being said I was excited about the maverick, but once again it looks like can am has a great idea but did not follow through with the details (i.e. the 4wd is junk and still is, the stupid ass electronic throttle control, and having all the power potential in the world but not letting it go)
Ok so the QE is better but why are they not putting them in them??? The 2013 commanders come standard with them, but you wont put them in your sport machine?? WTF?

So getting back to my point, who really wants to buy a 17 g machine just to have to dump another grand into it to make it work the right way?

In all honestly I really hope something wows me here soon, the commander is going to a new home soon and im moving on. Still not sold on anything at the moment...
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:52 pm

I personally think the manufacturers are leaving us east-coast guys behind only because of media-attention.. Have they really ran the numbers, not only in sales but the pure use factor??? I don't think so.

We ride a lot, in mostly very harsh conditions compared to riding sand....Hell, I've got a Murray 10 H.P. riding lawnmower I could show up with at Glamis and ride around.....WooHooo. To not put a great locker in the Maverick is just WTF??? Cost cutting?? No, they are catering to the dune-coons, IMO.

I think Arctic-Cat has been sorta on the same path, but at least their 4wd system works in our conditions. I'll give them credit for that. But the fenderless Wildcat still has sand-roots.
Look at the "New" RZR Jagged-X...we all ask why??? The RZR900XP is obviously a great machine, but a little sand-orientated too...

I've got a really strong belief one company is just sitting back and watching this all go-down.....YAMAHA... I think this time 2-years from now, we'll be willing to pimp-out the wife for one.........It will probably be 25k....but it will be the game-changer of all game changers.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:06 pm

MuddyBuddy wrote:
First off funny story, when I bought the can am it was the 2nd one bought in TN. After seeing all the specs and the hype I was almost sold. What ultimately sold me on it was I wanted to buy it and go ride brimstone that weekend, not get a rzr 900 and get hung up on everything before I replaced the trailing arms.

Ok so the Maverick......
Can am has pissed me off something awful, so it would take a lot to buy from them again. That being said I was excited about the maverick, but once again it looks like can am has a great idea but did not follow through with the details (i.e. the 4wd is junk and still is, the stupid ass electronic throttle control, and having all the power potential in the world but not letting it go)
Ok so the QE is better but why are they not putting them in them??? The 2013 commanders come standard with them, but you wont put them in your sport machine?? WTF?So getting back to my point, who really wants to buy a 17 g machine just to have to dump another grand into it to make it work the right way?

In all honestly I really hope something wows me here soon, the commander is going to a new home soon and im moving on. Still not sold on anything at the moment...

Because all the QE machines have power steering, it's a legal dept safety thing, no Can Am models without EPS have the QE front diff......I predict as early as next year the Mav will have both.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 pm

But Stakk,
The QE is still far from a good diff compared to Polaris's system. Period. In a quad, it's decent, but in a sxs, it's still inferior. Two totally different machines.
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 12:27 am

Do you think they will fix the QE in the 4 seat model?
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 am

Stakk wrote:
MuddyBuddy wrote:

Ok so the Maverick......
Ok so the QE is better but why are they not putting them in them??? The 2013 commanders come standard with them, but you wont put them in your sport machine?? WTF?So getting back to my point, who really wants to buy a 17 g machine just to have to dump another grand into it to make it work the right way?

Because all the QE machines have power steering, it's a legal dept safety thing, no Can Am models without EPS have the QE front diff......I predict as early as next year the Mav will have both.

But why not just put it in the first year model both EPS and QE? Thats what I dont get...... outside of the fact then you have a reason to buy the second year model and trade in your first year
Back to top Go down
Baditude
SSXSRider Member
Baditude

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:49 pm

All I can say is we the consumer will benefit with competition. My biggest issue is dealer support for Can Am or Arctic Cat - there is only one dealer for each nearby while there are at least 3 Polaris. However I only need 1 good dealer that is going to remain in business for whatever I buy. I do most the repair work my self, but if I had an extended warranty and as good as some of the dealers I have hear about than that would be a different story.

Remember when the Rhino was king? Not that long ago, things change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb   Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Am Maverick Muddy Hill Climb
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2