SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

xp will not start

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shellbac
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-03-08

xp will not start Empty
PostSubject: xp will not start    xp will not start EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 pm

I had this code come up on my xp after it wouldn't start, 636 with a 2 under it. I know the code is for the crank positioning sensor. I replaced that and it still will not start. tried every thing I could think of but no luck. any ideas???
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

xp will not start Empty
PostSubject: Re: xp will not start    xp will not start EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:03 pm

shellbac wrote:
I had this code come up on my xp after it wouldn't start, 636 with a 2 under it. I know the code is for the crank positioning sensor. I replaced that and it still will not start. tried every thing I could think of but no luck. any ideas???

Give Troy a call @ Yamaha Polaris of Louisville a call tomorrow. Tell him you ride with us.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
The Reaper

The Reaper

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-03-29

xp will not start Empty
PostSubject: Re: xp will not start    xp will not start EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:01 am

Gimpy wrote:
shellbac wrote:

Give Troy a call @ Yamaha Polaris of Louisville a call tomorrow. Tell him you ride with us.

try turning the key on and letting it cycle through several times dont try to start just turn it on then off like 5 or 6 times. take off the ground cable let it set for 15 mins try that
Back to top Go down
bacon
SSXSRider Member
bacon

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2011-09-06

xp will not start Empty
PostSubject: Re: xp will not start    xp will not start EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 5:55 am

Ive been having the same problem with my 800, lots of different things it can be. Check all your connections, follow your harness and look for cut wires, ive heard even a dirty spark arrestor can play a part in it. As stated above cycle the key 5 or 6 times and then try starting it. Done that with mine last night and it worked for me after i found a connection loose. Code will stay on at first and after it runs for a few seconds it will go off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

xp will not start Empty
PostSubject: Re: xp will not start    xp will not start Empty

Back to top Go down

xp will not start
Page 1 of 1