SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

Number of posts : 5483
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered Empty
PostSubject: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 10:38 pm

Well , i did decide on what wheel and tire combo i wanted , but wouldn't you know it thay were discontinued. i wanted the ITP seris 7 polished wheels and thay stop makeing them. but after calling around about a 100 places , i did find one set. 5-2 2-5 offset. and i desided to go with 27 mudlite XTR's and a 2 inch lift. I hope it works and looks like i think it will. :D now my next problem if my numbers and mesureing is correct. i put a yamaha top on it yesterday , and i am afrade after the tires and lift , its not going to clear my basement door.... No
if this is the case i will put a black soft top on , I saw one and it looks good... :)
the yami top sits pretty high. i will know next week , when thay get here. I also ordered the CDI from hunter works. I guess i will get it when thay get more in stock. :D

as a foot note , I called ITP yesterday , and all seris 7 wheels the black , machined and all will be discontinued by the end of the year. so if you want any, you need to get them soon. that is 12 inch or 14 inch.

Chris.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:16 am

hey man..if you go with 27's. ive got a killer deal on some mudlight xxl 27x12..70% tread left.

and a 2'' lift
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:19 am

ummm , did i make a mistake , you seem to have took them and the lift off.
i hope i did not make a $ 900.00 dollar mistake. everyone i talked to said thay pulled the 27 XTRS with no real power lose.... pale

Tell me about it..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:26 am

no man..all that is fine bro

im just racing alot now..need all the power i can get..lol

i went back to 25'' tires..you will be fine
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:40 am

Thats good , you had me a little scared..... affraid
I thought i had waisted alot of money.
Now i feel better , thay will be here in a couple of days.... cheers
I remember you said you had a farm with some property , though i am only
43 , i sold my bissiness . i owned a auto service center and a metal fab shop.
so i am simi retired. and since i am only about 45 min away, maybe after i get the rhino set up . i can come up and ride around the farm a bit. I would love to ride though your town. i did not know you had family in such high places.... lol!

Chris.... :D
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE
SSXSRider Member
AIRBORNE

Number of posts : 6266
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 am

Yeah..........post some pics when you get that thing dressed up!
Back to top Go down
https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn28/AirborneWV/
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:08 am

Will do........ Wink
Back to top Go down
jimrs

jimrs

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered IMG_0292Small

Glad you got what you wanted. I have the same tires and they are great in the mud and on hard trails. I was a bit afraid of going too big but the Rhino pulls them just fine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:40 pm

yeah man, lets ride
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
SSXSRider Member
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:57 pm

jimrs wrote:
Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered IMG_0292Small

Glad you got what you wanted. I have the same tires and they are great in the mud and on hard trails. I was a bit afraid of going too big but the Rhino pulls them just fine.

what i ordered is pretty much what you have , 12 ich type 7 polished with
27 inch mudlite XTR's...... :D
how bad do thay hurt the yard ..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
jimrs

jimrs

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 10:27 am

You have to be carefull in the yard, Don't cut too tight and stay off the throttle. I drive mine down to the boat house and around the yard doing some work with it but it will tear up the grass if you don't watch out. I kept the original tires and wheels to put on it in the winter if I plan on riding it in the yard. I don't think that they are as aggressive and will not tear it up as much. I have tore up the edge of my driveway in a few places with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered   Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered Empty

Back to top Go down

Decided on wheel and tires i want , there ordered
Page 1 of 1