SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Kentucky side of Pickett

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2012-08-04

The Kentucky side of Pickett Empty
PostSubject: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:05 am

Has anybody rode the Kentucky side of Pickett lately? Was wondering if anything has changed with the "no trespassing" postings. I was there last Thanksgiving and did not encounter the postings until I got way up north on trail 1 towards the Dry Hollow Church. We came up from the Tennessee side to play it safe. The part of the trail I was on when I encountered them I think is actually a county road. And the way the little yellow signs was posted at the sides of the trail / road it seemed they was just telling you to not get off the trail / road and go into the woods. South of that area everything seemed business as usual. ATV riders and Jeeps.
Read a post on the Cumberland mudders forum and a guy mentioned running into signs and a big gate near the sand mines.

"Fri Feb 22, 2013 "
"2 weeks ago we started seeing signs on the other (ky) side of the sand mine. A big gate, too..."

Plan on riding there again in a few weeks for our bi annual Pickett trip.
Are you still able to get in there from the Sandwich Shop without getting into trouble?
Hoping that the car hauler and Edwards mountain is still accessible.
Anybody got any additional info on status?

Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:27 am

We were down there a couple weeks ago. We parked at the sandwich shop and rode down into Tn. Didnt have any problems or see any signs. We went thru trail 16 (car hauler) too. A bunch of us met some of the people who own the area where the sand mine is. They let us out the gate one night when I broke my transmission.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:12 am

Maybe that's the gate that guy mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-06-19

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:21 am

There is an ATV bypass around that gate. As long as everyone stays on the road/bypass and doesn't abuse the adjacent property, the property owner is OK with that being an access.
Back to top Go down
DrMud
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:58 am

When I come to houses, I slow down for dust and respect, never know when kids are out playing.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 am

Dan wrote:
There is an ATV bypass around that gate. As long as everyone stays on the road/bypass and doesn't abuse the adjacent property, the property owner is OK with that being an access.
Thanks, that's really good to know. The last time I passed through there, I was scared of getting in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Somersetzuk

Somersetzuk

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 10:36 pm

anyone have any maps of the picket area
Back to top Go down
Cuz
SSXSRider Member
Cuz

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:33 am

Somersetzuk wrote:
anyone have any maps of the picket area
Talk to Dan he has maps for gps and a zip file on facebook
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4
SSXSRider Member
jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:36 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kentucky side of Pickett   The Kentucky side of Pickett Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kentucky side of Pickett
Page 1 of 1