Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Momma always gets what she wants!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bigmike
Sausage Biscuit

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:18 am

The wife has been wanting a side x side of her own. She has always been a kawi fan and wanted a Teryx, but not just any Teryx, had to be a sport with lime green. Found this one at Alcoa Good Times, 2010 sport with 585 miles on it. Aluminum roof, Tony's Toy's rock sliders, soft doors, Badlands winch, full windshield, soft rear window and a 2" lift. Momma is happy! thatsright It now has a name, Booger! lol! Also got a two year full warranty with it, added a little to the price but worth it. They treated us great, even thru in some extra stuff and filled it up with gas.

My first thoughts are to skin the soft doors on the outside with some 3/16" plastic to make some half doors for her. She wants a stereo and a two way radio like I have in my rzr. I have also been thinking of removing the 2" lift, not sure.

Now I gotta get a longer trailer!
Back to top Go down
DirtDawber
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 4087
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 am

EXCELLENT !! Mamma not happy, ain't nobody happy.
Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:36 pm

Same boat here. Wife bought her a Rzr now I need to buy a new trailer. Only one place local (40 miles) that sells trailers and they really love their trailers!!
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 1942
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:29 pm

Congratulations on a smart purchase, IMO leave the lift on. I put a 2" lift on my 2010 because of the low clearance the stock set-up has. KyMedic or Mason have excellent 2way radios for sale. PM them for details. I hope your wife has as much fun with her Teryx as I have with mine!

ps Electric power steering is a real benifit to the teryx.
Back to top Go down
Bigmike
Sausage Biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:08 pm

KY. Colonel wrote:
Congratulations on a smart purchase, IMO leave the lift on. I put a 2" lift on my 2010 because of the low clearance the stock set-up has. KyMedic or Mason have excellent 2way radios for sale. PM them for details. I hope your wife has as much fun with her Teryx as I have with mine!

ps Electric power steering is a real benifit to the teryx.

Thanks! Oh she will. She has a Pink, yep pink, and black marbeled kawi 650i brute force right now. She can ride with the best of them but after riding all day on a quad your worn out. She sometimes rides with me in the rzr but likes to have her own ride. Before the rzr I had a Honda foreman and I was always known to be the first one to fall asleep around the campfire, not good!

The only thing that concerns me about the lift is it putting anything at too much of an angle, cv joints, tie rod ends. I just don't want to wear something out quick.

Also, I noticed a small red led light just behind the steering wheel on the dash, anyone know what that may be for?

Back to top Go down
Bigmike
Sausage Biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Wingman wrote:
Same boat here. Wife bought her a Rzr now I need to buy a new trailer. Only one place local (40 miles) that sells trailers and they really love their trailers!!

There's a few places near me. I have been looking on craigslist and found a few but I guess people think there made out of gold! lol! I have found new ones for less than what most are wanting for their used ones. I'm gonna look around and see what I can come up with. I really wasn't prepared for this, we were going to wait a month or two before we starting trying to find one, just happened that I saw this one on the net and it all just fell into place.

Back to top Go down
Wingman
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:00 pm

If the small red light is aftermarket ... It possible it has power steering. The unisteer and ezsteer both have a red light.
Back to top Go down
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:39 pm

My unisteer power steering has a small red light. When the key is turned it will light up for a moment then go off it tells you that the steering computer is ready to go. I f the steering unit was properly installed like mine the unit is completely hidden behind the firewall panel. If you can turn the steering wheel lock to lock easily with one finger when its sitting it probably has a power steering unit installed.
Back to top Go down
Bigmike
Sausage Biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Wingman wrote:
If the small red light is aftermarket ... It possible it has power steering. The unisteer and ezsteer both have a red light.

I'll look closer. I didn't pay that much attention to the steering box in the frame. I moved the wheel to check the bearings and tie rod ends all was tight. Was paying more attention to the front diff seals and cv boots. My wife gets embarrassed because I will crawl around underneath used stuff to fully check it out. I was laying in the grass under each corner trying to find any leaks or broken parts,lol. I don't think the light is factory. It's tiny and I didn't even notice it at first but I did think to myself this things steers easy!
Back to top Go down
billybob
Sausage Biscuit

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 pm

cheers Congrats to your wife ,looks nice hope she has a blast driving it.
Back to top Go down
Bigmike
Sausage Biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:58 pm

KY. Colonel wrote:
My unisteer power steering has a small red light. When the key is turned it will light up for a moment then go off it tells you that the steering computer is ready to go. I f the steering unit was properly installed like mine the unit is completely hidden behind the firewall panel. If you can turn the steering wheel lock to lock easily with one finger when its sitting it probably has a power steering unit installed.

Bingo! How about that for a surprise. I called the dealership and they said they knew about it but she didnt tell me nor was is mentioned on their website. It has been installed correctly because its all under the dash. I cant see what brand but it works as you described. I just drove it at the dealership, momma took over when we got home with it. I was on pavement so i just thought because of the stock tires.
Back to top Go down
PWM
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:00 pm

I heard that she got one.
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member

Number of posts : 7337
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Congrats, now get it muddy.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
bush
SSXSRider Staff

Number of posts : 5746
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:57 pm

cheers

Lucky Rabbit Foot Key Chain Club
Conference Committee member
SSXSR Member # 55

2015 rzr 4 900
2012 silver rzrS  sold
2010 orange madness rzrS  sold
2009 orange rzr le  crashed
2004 rhino  sold

http://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/bushrhino
KY. Colonel
SSXSRider Member

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Bigmike wrote:
Wingman wrote:

I'll look closer. I didn't pay that much attention to the steering box in the frame. I moved the wheel to check the bearings and tie rod ends all was tight. Was paying more attention to the front diff seals and cv boots. My wife gets embarrassed because I will crawl around underneath used stuff to fully check it out. I was laying in the grass under each corner trying to find any leaks or broken parts,lol. I don't think the light is factory. It's tiny and I didn't even notice it at first but I did think to myself this things steers easy!

Mike, find out the mfg of your ps unit and search for it's installation instructions. The small red light will blink a code to indicate any error in the unit. ie. long followed by two short may indiate computer reqiring reset, etc. Just an example of what my unit does. You just saved $600.00 -$700.00 congrats.
Back to top Go down
Bigmike
Sausage Biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:44 pm

I'll get under the dash soon as I get time. Been putting a water pump and thermostat in momma's truck today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Momma always gets what she wants!   

Back to top Go down

Momma always gets what she wants!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1