SouthernSxSRiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most come for the information and opportunity. Most stay for the friendships that are formed. Welcome!

GalleryHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread

Go down 
+32
AIRBORNE
KyMedic
RZRS-EDGE
reevesr
Baditude
ohsresq
blu-knight
BIG D 57
hillbillyrzrs
DirtDawber
KY. Colonel
wvregulators
BluDevil
STR8RZR
bacon
MuddyBuddy
DOG
mason
Gimpy
PWM
njcraddock
MIKE_D
CatMostFeared
pit dog
ChrisC
girdlerrzr
8ball_99
southernkyrzr4
bush
ridepate
Clayboy
Big-R
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PWM
SSXSRider Member
PWM

Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:31 pm

perfect10
Back to top Go down
http://cumberland-mudders.forumotion.com/index.htm
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Great video Marty. Glad you like the machine Ronnie. You all looked to have had a good time.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:39 pm

would you be completely happy with just having the rex4 if you couldn't keep the
xp? or would the xp stay and the rex go?
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

Number of posts : 6409
Registration date : 2009-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 am

Awesome. Thanks for the review........I'm gonna wait....
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:18 am

I would stay XP all the way
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

Number of posts : 16074
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 7:36 am

girdlerrzr wrote:
would you be completely happy with just having the rex4 if you couldn't keep the

No I would not. The Rex would go first or I would get an XP 4.
Back to top Go down
8ball_99
SSXSRider Member
8ball_99

Number of posts : 1370
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:45 am

Cool!, So uhh when you let marty drive that new T4 did you have flash backs of when he test drove your XP? :)

Some shock work should help with the limited travel. How wide are they stock? A long travel would be the best way to get both clearance and travel. I know its just for family riding, But the kido's are much happier to ride if its smoother. Wife to for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 am

8ball_99 wrote:
Cool!, So uhh when you let marty drive that new T4 did you have flash backs of when he test drove your XP? :)

Some shock work should help with the limited travel. How wide are they stock? A long travel would be the best way to get both clearance and travel. I know its just for family riding, But the kido's are much happier to ride if its smoother. Wife to for that matter.

It is 62" wide.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Before you send shocks for re-valving try adjusting the comp clickers on the resiviors.....they need to be adjusted right to left for coreect adjustment......on the front count the number of turns clockwise to seated should be 3/4 turns........ back them out counterclockwise frome fully seated 2-2.5 turns out.

the rear should be 1 3/4 stock........turn them 2 full turns counterclockwise from seated and ride and let me know what you think. dont mess with the rebound adjustments or preload.
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Stakk wrote:
Before you send shocks for re-valving try adjusting the comp clickers on the resiviors.....they need to be adjusted right to left for coreect adjustment......on the front count the number of turns clockwise to seated should be 3/4 turns........ back them out counterclockwise frome fully seated 2-2.5 turns out.

the rear should be 1 3/4 stock........turn them 2 full turns counterclockwise from seated and ride and let me know what you think. dont mess with the rebound adjustments or preload.

Will do.

Don't get me wrong. I am very impressed with the stock ride quality. I guess it just needs a little fine tuning.
Back to top Go down
Stakk

Stakk

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Big-R wrote:
Stakk wrote:

Will do.

Don't get me wrong. I am very impressed with the stock ride quality. I guess it just needs a little fine tuning.

The stock settings were set on the West Coast so it's at least worth a try, It's how I have mine set up, any softer and it bottom's a little too much..... it will help some, but if it still don't suit you you can do a re-valve..... I run 12psi in the front tires and 14psi in the rear too
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Big-R wrote:
girdlerrzr wrote:

No I would not. The Rex would go first or I would get an XP 4.

Thanks R and Cat
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 7:43 pm

How funny is this...... Kawasaki sent us an accessory book for the T-4. The wife just threw it in front of me and said...... "I want the cargo box and Windshield. Order it now so we can have it before the ride.". $600 to $700 worth of stuff.

Let me try that with the XP.... Bitchslap

Anyways, where are the best deals for the Box and Windshield?
Back to top Go down
njcraddock
SSXSRider Staff
njcraddock

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm

I think it's great! I wish my wife would show the same interest in riding as she did before the kids came along. In 2006 I bought a second King Quad, and I told her it was hers. She rode that quad everywhere I went and was darn good at it even though some of the places we took them scared her some. When we found out we were having the second child I traded it with a guy for another Rhino (I had already sold mine and got a Rhino a year earlier). My mistake was not consulting her about it first, I just assumed that she would be just as happy with the Rhino as she was with the quad. That kind of gave her a sour taste in her mouth and since then she hasn't expressed any interest in riding again, until a few months ago. We took the kids bowling one afternoon and she spotted a T4 across the street at the dealership. She asked me to drive over there so that she could check it out. Just before the last ride I spotted an orange one (you know how us Clemson folks love orange!). I sent her a picture of it and the next day she was calling the dealer. We haven't bitten yet because we are still in max save mode getting ready for construction to start on my new animal hospital but I think once we get that behind us a T4 is next on the list. This time I will truly allow it to be hers and let her make the decisions on what mods to do to it. Congrats Ronnie on finding the woman that shares your passion for riding and hopefully there will be many more family rides in the future.
Back to top Go down
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Just don't buy a EMP windshield.........Make one out of Saran-Wrap.. It will be just as good...
Back to top Go down
MuddyBuddy
SSXSRider Member
MuddyBuddy

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Im looking for the box as well amigo, looks like ebay is going to be the best way to go
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared
SSXSRider Member
CatMostFeared

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:26 am

Emp Windsheild is awesome but you have to
The scratch Resistanted one not the cheaper one
Back to top Go down
http://www.catmostfeared.com
ridepate
SSXSRider Staff
ridepate

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:11 pm

CatMostFeared wrote:
Emp Windsheild is awesome but you have to
The scratch Resistanted one not the cheaper one

It very well may be awesome for a T4...The one for the Ranger is terrible!!!! And I'm not talking about scratch-resistance either. It's poorly designed and flexes like Saran-Wrap flapping in the wind at 40MPH.
Back to top Go down
MIKE_D
SSXSRider Member
MIKE_D

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 10:54 am

I finally got around to installing my windshield.  This thing is one of the nicest built windshields I have ever seen....

Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 Img_0610

Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 Img_0611

Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 Img_0612
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 11:00 am

Oh yeah, the wife bought me a nice little trailer for the Rex.....

Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 Img_0710
Back to top Go down
girdlerrzr
SSXSRider Member
girdlerrzr

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 am

you've been slacking
Back to top Go down
Goose
SSXSRider Member
Goose

Number of posts : 2971
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 12:25 pm

Nice wind shield and cart. AT tires and all
Back to top Go down
Big-R
SSXSRider Staff
Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Goose wrote:
Nice wind shield and cart. AT tires and all

I was impressed with that little trailer. She bought it at Cabela's. It was a Christmas present. She probably pay to much for it but I really like it and that made her happy.
Back to top Go down
Gimpy
SSXSRider Member
Gimpy

Number of posts : 7708
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 7:49 pm

I got MUDHOE one of the john deere utility dump bed trailers. She always had her flower crap in the 4'x4' aluminum trailer when I needed it.
Back to top Go down
http://lwurzel@twc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread   Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mrs R's Teryx 4 Thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next